• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Probably the biggest gaming podcast in the world soon being filmed and live streamed is without a doubt threadworthy. Whether there`s much analysis going on is another question.

That thread is so blatantly off topic at this point. I'm surprised it's still open.

The biggest complaint I ever see are 'those dudes are too cynical'. Which is weird. No one ever has anything of substance to say.

Because they don't bother to actually dig into GB material at all. A lot of people have watched one video or saw the gif comparison last year and made their decision on how all of GB must be, ignoring the background of these guys in the industry much less their personal preferences towards games.

I'll admit it took me a number of podcasts before I really warmed up to them back when I first started. For the internet, more than one is too much.

The biggest complaint I ever see are 'those dudes are too cynical'. Which is weird. No one ever has anything of substance to say.

Most of these complaints seemed to conveniently crop up around E3 last year, the people making these complaints have likely never made any actual attempt to watch any GB content and just get upset at them not being excited for games they have zero reason to be excited for.

Just wait for the Fifa 17 announcement.
Time to Pele:
t1465765200z4.png

yami4ct

Most of these complaints seemed to conveniently crop up around E3 last year, the people making these complaints have likely never made any actual attempt to watch any GB content and just get upset at them not being excited for games they have zero reason to be excited for.

I don't get how people get so upset at an outlet for not liking some dumb game they like. If you don't even care about the site in general, why does it matter?

I don't get how people get so upset at an outlet for not liking some dumb game they like. If you don't even care about the site in general, why does it matter?

Really? You can't see how people who are extremely excited about a game existing might be mad at people who have more relaxed reactions?

Like dude I don't think people should be losing their minds over game announcements but come on.

yami4ct

Really? You can't see how people who are extremely excited about a game existing might be mad at people who have more relaxed reactions?

Like dude I don't think people should be losing their minds over game announcements but come on.

If you don't give a shit about an outlet, what does it matter to you if they aren't losing their minds over what you like? Hell, even if you do follow an outlet, what does it matter?

You didn't see see getting all pissy about places that aren't front paging every bit of Persona 5 news or report on the initial silly reveal countdown.

Myggen

If you don't give a shit about an outlet, what does it matter to you if they aren't losing their minds over what you like? Hell, even if you do follow an outlet, what does it matter?

You didn't see see getting all pissy about places that aren't front paging every bit of Persona 5 news or report on the initial silly reveal countdown.

I mean, just look at review threads. People like to have their opinion validated by all sorts of outlets and people.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

If there is one thing the internet hates it's indifference. You can either be extremly happy or extremly mad about something and nothing else.

"FUCK YEAH!" and "FUCK THAT!" are okay, "Meh" is not.
Just look at Youtube.

yami4ct

I mean, just look at review threads. People like to have their opinion validated by all sorts of outlets and people.

I understand the mechanics of how it happens. I've been on the internet long enough.

I just don't understand how people put so much silly personal validation on random external sources.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, is there a good download manager for PC that can deal with it when the internet goes out for some time? I have one on my tablet that doesn't care but my PC is always like "Oh, the internet went out for 5 seconds? Guess what, I just lost the 96% of the video you wanted to download, lol"

There has to be one, right? If my tablet can do it my PC should also be able to do that, right?

ArjanN

If there is one thing the internet hates it's indifference. You can either be extremly happy or extremly mad about something and nothing else.

"FUCK YEAH!" and "FUCK THAT!" are okay, "Meh" is not.
Just look at Youtube.

Basically yeah.

This:

164ee159072b52c35f6b52d35a5e5ddc9fb0b015ce95a4568f64c2fed8525f84.jpg

is not the reaction people are looking for.

Getting mad at them for not caring is of course dumb, but to be fair a lot of GB fans also tend to be too defensive.

No_Style

They are cynical which is a plus to many people. They're also probably too cynical for those who are pointing it out. It's fine but I agree that it's a weird thing to just drive by and post about. I don't think anyone is going around stating the exact opposite against other sites. "They're too optimistic"

Man, is there a good download manager for PC that can deal with it when the internet goes out for some time? I have one on my tablet that doesn't care but my PC is always like "Oh, the internet went out for 5 seconds? Guess what, I just lost the 96% of the video you wanted to download, lol"

There has to be one, right? If my tablet can do it my PC should also be able to do that, right?

Firefox continues where you left off after a DC on most downloads. Or just use torrents.

yami4ct

They are cynical which is a plus to many people. They're also probably too cynical for those who are pointing it out. It's fine but I agree that it's a weird thing to just drive by and post about. I don't think anyone is going around stating the exact opposite against other sites. "They're too optimistic"

It's weird. Not every site releases content for everyone. You don't see me going into Kinda Funny threads posting about how unfunny I find Greg Miller or go into Easy Allies threads and call them naive. Sometimes, an outlet just isn't for you.

f0rk

Come on guys, all those big announcements have had such a material impact on our gaming lives in the last year!

yami4ct

I'm just weirdly excited to see more FF VII so I can continue to have an extremely strange and abusive relationship with that game.

I've played through it 3 times and really want to play the remake, and yet as a whole it's one of my least favorite JRPGs ever. I just really want to see that game be what people claim it is. With some tweaking, it could be a really special game.

I thought the PSX footage of FF7R, though REAL choppy, looked super fucking cool. I'm definitely eager to see more.

I hope the new versions of the music is as good as that Distant Worlds version of Bombing Run.

Come on guys, all those big announcements have had such a material impact on our gaming lives in the last year!

This is the craziest thing about the outcry. The announcements for Shenmue and FF 7 were basically nothing at this point, which is what they reacted to, Shenmue specifically which was an announcement for a god damn kickstarter.

I thought the PSX footage of FF7R, though REAL choppy, looked super fucking cool. I'm definitely eager to see more.

I hope the new versions of the music is as good as that Distant Worlds version of Bombing Run.

There was gameplay of it? Damn I forgot.

Wonder if theyll show more this E3. Iirc runors were going around that CC2 waz developing it and the first episode would be out by this December

Myggen

This video Bombcast stuff. I don't have a use for it because I listen to the Bombcast. That's all I'll say on the matter.

I will probably also continue to just listen to the audio, but I`ll go back to the video if there`s a particularly great moment. But either way it seems like they`re really aware of the fact that it shouldn`t impact the audio, so this is just adding something for others and I`m happy with that. It seems incredibly smart to have the Bombcast as some kind of timed exclusive for Premium members while it`s streaming since it`s by far the most popular thing they do.

yami4ct

People get really angry when you criticize the FFXII English VA, huh? Wow. Haha. I did not expect the reaction I got in the FFXII thread.

There was gameplay of it? Damn I forgot.

Wonder if theyll show more this E3. Iirc runors were going around that CC2 waz developing it and the first episode would be out by this December

CC2 is confirmed to be doing the heavy lifting. That being said, I bet we get Part 1 next year. December is too early, even with CC2 being a dev that can deliver things on time.

I will probably also continue to just listen to the audio, but I`ll go back to the video if there`s a particularly great moment. But either way it seems like they`re really aware of the fact that it shouldn`t impact the audio, so this is just adding something for others and I`m happy with that. It seems incredibly smart to have the Bombcast as some kind of timed exclusive for Premium members while it`s streaming since it`s by far the most popular thing they do.

The video part is not what interests me. It's the live part. If it's Tuesday morning Pacific time, I can watch it live while I work.

There was a few years where I'd listen to Bombcast twice a week, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I get back into that with audio+video being slightly different experiences.

hamchan

People get really angry when you criticize the FFXII English VA, huh? Wow. Haha. I did not expect the reaction I got in the FFXII thread.

Yeah, I disagree with you on that too. I like the FFXII VO.

This is the craziest thing about the outcry. The announcements for Shenmue and FF 7 were basically nothing at this point, which is what they reacted to, Shenmue specifically which was an announcement for a god damn kickstarter.

And the guys were completely right that besides these big, third-party announcements, Sony's E3 2015 conference was rather empty and not full of much else. They saw through it all and of course nutters would jump on them for being "cynical".

yami4ct

Yeah, I disagree with you on that too. I like the FFXII VO.

I'm really shocked how well liked it is. I hadn't heard anything particular about it prior to booting it up this year. After about 3 hours I was looking for a Japanese VA patch and was sad one didn't exist. I honestly think most of the main cast have awful line deliveries. Fran in particular is unlistenable to me.

Oh well, to each their own. I'm fine with being a minority opinion on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom