• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

Dan said before E3.
Dan said he only wanted Amiibos from games he likes.
Dan says a lot of things.

The Pepsi can is your hopes and dreams
tumblr_no2byyidKI1rvo0tro2_540.gif

jaina

Really pulling the rug under your pitch there, saying in front of noted golf game enthusiasts Dan and Jeff that golf games are boring.
First level reminds me of the FFXV platinum demo.

valeo

Yup. One of the best games to Netflix/Podcast with.

Lately Enter the Gungeon has been my poddy game. That game is so much fun.

EtG is too stressful for me. Need to really pay attention to it.

I like Rocket League for gaming while listening to podcasts / watching TV shows.

hamchan

Where is the GB Uncharted review? I need to feel anger and call Dan a bad reviewer over a 4/5.

Anyways UC4 is getting great reviews been there done that. A Naughty Dog game getting great reviews is as surprising as a Rockstar game selling a billion copies.

jaina

KOjMqis.png

Schedule-kun does not mention the review. So either publishing yōgisha fucked up or they're posting it when GBWest arrives in the office.

yami4ct

Uncharted 4 kinda sounds like exactly the game I want it to be, but I think I'll wait to pick it up. I've still got too much shit to play. Once I finish up Fire Emblem Conquest and Steins;Gate, I'll think about checking it out.

Bit of a let down after UC3 and BvS

It's just this weird mentality

"Wow this game I wanna buy is getting good scores and it's the best game this generation only on ps4!!"

It's like console war mentality for the reviews. I kinda wish Dan would give it an average score just to see the meltdowns.

Peru

I wish to sweet god videogame review scores were banned. Just text. Just people talking about how they feel about various aspects of a game, in isolation and in the context of gaming history. Just wooords.

It's just this weird mentality

"Wow this game I wanna buy is getting good scores and it's the best game this generation only on ps4!!"

It's like console war mentality for the reviews. I kinda wish Dan would give it an average score just to see the meltdowns.

Well, That 8.8 from IGN is already triggering some people lol.

Houndi101

Newest Hitdan is so great
also I do like that Brad cannot snap anyones neck but he's fine with throwing them off the cliff

But aiming with the controller is such a pain clearly

Tubobutts

I don't understand why people still care so much about reviews in whatever year it is now. Like not the content of the review but just the score as a number to be paraded about to reinforce your opinions or as evidence of foul play. Hooray the game you haven't played got a score you agree with because you're so great. Boo the game you haven't played got a score you don't agree with because the reviewer hates you personally.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Because people like positive reinforcement? It's not really a generations thing, more like something inherent to human nature.

I don't understand why people still care so much about reviews in whatever year it is now. Like not the content of the review but just the score as a number to be paraded about to reinforce your opinions or as evidence of foul play. Hooray the game you haven't played got a score you agree with because you're so great. Boo the game you haven't played got a score you don't agree with because the reviewer hates you personally.

There was a point where most of GAF did not seem to care about reviews for a while, but in recent years as more people have come to this site, I think the majority seems to care about them again. I like to think most of the louder people in those threads are late teens (and a best early 20s). I could see people of that age being silly enough to get wrapped up in the excitement.

If I ever find out anyone approaching their 30s is acting like that, then I will start to give up on life.

I don't exactly get those who obsess about it or why, but I do enjoy reading different impressions and scores, wondering how it affects things on the business side etc.
There was a point where most of GAF did not seem to care about reviews for a while, but in recent years as more people have come to this site, I think the majority seems to care about them again. I like to think most of the louder people in those threads are late teens (and a best early 20s). I could see people of that age being silly enough to get wrapped up in the excitement.

If I ever find out anyone approaching their 30s is acting like that, then I will start to give up on life.
I think you need to start giving up on life if that's the rule you're going to "live" by.

Peru

I don't necessarily blame people for it, which is why it would be better to just root scores out overall. I'm glad Eurogamer is done with it.

I've worked as a reviewer (not of games) and hated having to assign scores. Even when writing what I feel is a nuanced take on something it's sort of ruined by that big score on top telling you how much the 'product' is 'worth'.

---

Thanks to Myggen for that list btw, I didn't know about Ryan's olympic games olympiad. Olympic video games: My guilty pleasure

oti

Banned
Review scores are fine. The majority of people want them so let them be.

I do think it's very odd when people celebrate another 10/10 as if they won the lottery or something or predict metacritic scores as if that was a valuable investment of anyone's time on this planet but I am here posting this so who am I to judge.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, I saw some people saying 'Wow they must want clicks' and I was like 'nope'

Indeed, it is in fact well-known that websites DON'T want clicks and would rather you never went there. (I'm not tryna diss you, just the mindset you're quoting)

I'm curious what Dan gives it. I've only watched the FemFreq review and it looked and sounded great. (I keep expecting these to be awful and tryhard but it was actually a good review. The Hitman review was terrible and was basically "This game is about murder and murder is bad")

I'm glad 8.8 lives on though if only in spirit

oti

Banned
Guys real talk I'm not lying I had a dream tonight that I played Hitman but I was 47 but I was playing and in the end when everybody wanted to kill me I physically ran towards a PlayStation (not a 4, it was more like a mish mash of 2 & 3) and pressed its power button and woke up.

Did I experience VR?

Salarians

Review scores are fine. The majority of people want them so let them be.

I do think it's very odd when people celebrate another 10/10 as if they won the lottery or something or predict metacritic scores as if that was a valuable investment of anyone's time on this planet but I am here posting this so who am I to judge.
nmr2Ibi.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm happy UC4 is good, even though I have no interest in it, but how amazing could that thread have been. Even now you can see hints of what could have been.

Guys real talk I'm not lying I had a dream tonight that I played Hitman but I was 47 but I was playing and in the end when everybody wanted to kill me I physically ran towards a PlayStation (not a 4, it was more like a mish mash of 2 & 3) and pressed its power button and woke up.

Did I experience VR?

Was your bed full of blood but you had no wounds? And maybe a smoking gun or a knife besides you? That happens to me a lot, lol.

Edit: More HitDan? SIGN ME UP
Oh, I'm already signed up? Even better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom