• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it will never happen, but a Persona 5 endurance run would be pretty much the greatest thing ever.

I hope at least we get a "Vinny & Jeff reunited" quick look.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Cats do have 2 sets of eyelids.

I'm not sure if that expression is supposed to be eyes closed. It more just looks like an exaggerated excitement look.

Look it's still not alright man.

We need to have standards when it comes to cartoon cats.

Do you see Tom blinking his 2nd eyelid? No.

yami4ct

enjoy this in 2017 I guess

I'm fairly confident that this will hit by December in the US. Atlas US has always insisted it was launching the same year as Japan.

Sure, they've been full of shit before, but I've got a decent feeling they're going all out to get this shit over quickly.

Salarians

I'm fairly confident that this will hit by December in the US. Atlas US has always insisted it was launching the same year as Japan.

Sure, they've been full of shit before, but I've got a decent feeling they're going all out to get this shit over quickly.
I think it's less that Atlus US is "full of shit" and more that they're kept out of the loop by Atlus JP.

yami4ct

I think it's less that Atlus US is "full of shit" and more that they're kept out of the loop by Atlus JP.

Absolutely. It's just fun to pick on them a bit.

I think that confidence of hitting close to the JP date has been coming from somewhere. Gut tells me they were already localizing the game when the delay for Japan got announced.

Multiple ways to spin this though. Fiscal year, within a year of Japanese release....

I guess a US date will be announced at E3 then.

I was expecting them to go typically Atlus and drop a western trailer, fan email, press release and twitter with the date today. Since it's actually at E3, that's seeming unlikely now. Oh well. At least E3 isn't too far off.

yami4ct

Well, at least the trailer has already given us this amazing GIF.

thoraxespersona56eji8.gif

I can already see many uses.

yami4ct

The JP trailer made me want dual audio so bad. The P5 Japanese voice cast is a goddamn all-star lineup. I'm going to be crushed when that inevitably doesn't happen.

Where the hell is dan's Uncharted review

He probably didn't finish it in time to get it into the auto-upload CMS and it's going to have to wait until GBWest can get in and manually upload it.

Salarians

I feel kind of bad because that trailer didn't do much for me. The delay pushed P5 back into "a thing coming eventually" territory for me, like FFXV. I think I might be subconsciously not letting myself get hyped until we have english v/a footage and an NA release date. Well, that and, from the glimpses of the rest of that cast we got, no one really stood out to me like Mitsuru or Kanji did for P3 and P4.

yami4ct

I thought that Amano FFXV CE cover art was going to be my favorite of the year, but then P5 said hello.

Even the cover is style.

I feel kind of bad because that trailer didn't do much for me. The delay pushed P5 back into "a thing coming eventually" territory for me, like FFXV. I think I might be subconsciously not letting myself get hyped until we have english v/a footage and an NA release date. Well, that and, from the glimpses of the rest of that cast we got, no one really stood out to me like Mitsuru or Kanji did for P3 and P4.

I mean, not defining something by silly pre-release marketing hype is probably a healthy attitude.

On the other, I've been wearing some variation of this avatar and had Persona 5 wallpapers on my phone lock screens and computers ever since the second reveal, so I'm not capable of practicing what I preach.

As for the cast, they look great to me, but that's not something you can really judge pre release and is obviously a personal opinion.

yami4ct

Ps4 is region free right? I could be convinced to do something real dumb and buy a JPN and English version. Lol.

Yes it is.

If the US P5 Collector's Edition doesn't turn out to be the same as the Japanese one, a decent likelihood given Atlus being Atlus, that's going to be a really tempting reason to import.

Ps4 is region free right? I could be convinced to do something real dumb and buy a JPN and English version. Lol.

I care too much about the stories in these games to trust my shitty japanese to convey meaning. also hoping for dual audio even though I know better.

yami4ct

That battle UI looks so damn slick and such a faster way to do menu driven combat. I'm certain I've seen similar elsewhere, but it's kinda crazy something like that hasn't become a genre standard.

I care too much about the stories in these games to trust my shitty japanese to convey meaning. also hoping for dual audio even though I know better.

There was that survey from Atlus a while back about how much fans wanted DA and if they'd pay for it as DLC. I'm not saying it's likely, but let's be delusionally hopeful together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom