• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

I mean, not defining something by silly pre-release marketing hype is probably a healthy attitude.

On the other, I've been wearing some variation of this avatar and had Persona 5 wallpapers on my phone lock screens and computers ever since the second reveal, so I'm not capable of practicing what I preach.

As for the cast, they look great to me, but that's not something you can really judge pre release and is obviously a personal opinion.
I meant just from a cursory glance of seeing their designs, but I know what you mean. When I first saw her art, I thought I'd hate Rise, but she ended up being one of my favorites (though, some of that was probably because of Laura Bailey's performance). I do already like the main trio.

Yes it is.

If the US P5 Collector's Edition doesn't turn out to be the same as the Japanese one, a decent likelihood given Atlus being Atlus, that's going to be a really tempting reason to import.
Maybe we'll get another pillow case like with Catherine.

Actually, that Social Link pack (or whatever it was called) that they sold on Amazon before P4's release was pretty cool. I might be down for another one of those.

Salarians

2juR80n.gif
Aw man, I thought the button prompt said CRIME!! at first and I'm really disappointed that it doesn't.

jaina

That battle UI looks so damn slick and such a faster way to do menu driven combat. I'm certain I've seen similar elsewhere, but it's kinda crazy something like that hasn't become a genre standard.
I think Neptunia has mapped menu items to actions. Fast battle actions and in/out transitions would be really appreciated.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Guys, I know you all like your Uncharteds and Personas but Hitman is so damn good. I'm so happy right now.
Sapienza even has a BUNCH of creative ways to kill your target that aren't "opportunities" which makes me so happy.
I just sniped a guy through a telescope and killed a woman with an old navy canon

Jintor

Guys, I know you all like your Uncharteds and Personas but Hitman is so damn good. I'm so happy right now.
Sapienza even has a BUNCH of creative ways to kill your target that aren't "opportunities" which makes me so happy.
I just sniped a guy through a telescope and killed a woman with an old navy canon

Yandere simulator will merge hitman and anime. Believe it.

yami4ct

Vinny was right. BEST TIME TO BE PLAYING VIDEOGAMES!

TraBuch

Banned
Now I want to go back and play Persona 3. Hm...FES on PS3 or PSP on Vita? The last time I played Persona 3, I played as the female MC, so I'm gonna play as the male again.

yami4ct

Now I want to go back and play Persona 3. Hm...FES on PS3 or PSP on Vita? The last time I played Persona 3, I played as the female MC, so I'm gonna play as the male again.

Anime cutscenes and overworld are not enough to deal with the shitty auto-battle. Go P3P all the way.

Zaph

I see P5 continues to look incredible. Now I need to go back to forgetting it exists while the wait continues.

I see P5 continues to look incredible. Now I need to go back to forgetting it exists while the wait continues.

Yup, I'm interested to see what it's presence is at E3.

I've actually never played FES. I beat the original Persona 3, then I beat P3P as the female MC.
I'd probably still say play P3P, the biggest addition to FES is the epilogue and that's not really worth playing.

yami4ct

I've actually never played FES. I beat the original Persona 3, then I beat P3P as the female MC.

Extra content from FES is integrated into P3P as well. Only thing you'd miss is The Answer, but that's probably better watched than played. So grindy. You could also play it on its own.

Patryn

Vinny can be a real sonofabitch a times

a97FFX5.png

The hilarious thing is that I bet that's how he pitched the original ER. Just 20 minutes a day.

And then look at how that turned out. If they had stuck to that (and they totally couldn't, because they'd need over 20 minutes for some of those bosses) they would have needed just about 400 episodes.

Given that there are, at most, 260 weekdays in a given year, it would have taken them nearly 2 years (!) to finish it.

who gives a fuck we got a quick look of old video games to watch

People freaking out about Nintendo is hilarious. This is a pretty strong indication ninty have basically dropped e3 entirely, but everyone's acting like Nintendo have, to quote gaf, shot themselves in the foot

I can't blame them since it's hard to have confidence in whatever the fuck it is that they're doing

my Nintendo E3 outlook went from "well maybe they'll have some Mario Maker DLC or something" to "well at least Sony and Microsoft's stuff should still be exciting"

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The jump in quality from Uncharted 3 to 4 is similar to the ways the second entry trounced the original. It’s still the same Nathan Drake partaking in the same ludicrous, death-defying action as before, but everything is done with so much more panache.
This is one of the most fully-realized action campaigns of all time, and it sets a new bar of quality for what’s possible in the genre.

Sounds excellent.

Now we just mostly get open world bloatfests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom