• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

American team names always sound odd to me. Red Skins? Red Socks? Sounds like a mix between a food brand and budget clothes brand.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got purged in GB chat for typing "Dan Ryckert was a mistake. Nothing but trash."

Fuck those mods yo

Hockey's definitely the best, but baseball is cool in-person too if you're just looking to chill with some friends and not a super-intense experience. Football fucking suuuuucks in person, though. (the only exception being a fully-packed college football game, just for the experience.)

Myggen

Hockey's definitely the best, but baseball is cool in-person too if you're just looking to chill with some friends and not a super-intense experience. Football fucking suuuuucks in person, though. (the only exception being a fully-packed college football game, just for the experience.)

Football has to be extremely boring with how actual little playing time there is. An American friend of mine told me that being at a NFL game could be almost surreal with the players often just standing around waiting for commercials to end.

I like going to baseball games but that's more because it's just a nice relaxing thing to do while drinking expensive beer. you can barely tell what's happening on the field though.

going to football games is a waste of both time and money. the only times I've ever gone have been on company money and even then I was kind of wondering what the point was

Yeah, baseball is the best sport to just chill at. If the beer wasn't so expensive it would be fantastic. Football is only good if you're on the 50 and relatively close to the field, which is hella expensive.

Hockey is just fantastic live, though.

European basketball team jerseys are covered in ads too, and that's what the nba is going towards.

The Hornets alt jerseys are pretty great. Buzz City is a good name

Myggen

European basketball team jerseys are covered in ads too, and that's what the nba is going towards.

With how much ads there are on everything connected to American sports I was surprised that it took them this long to do that. The other American sports will probably follow NBA's lead on this one.

going to football games is a waste of both time and money. the only times I've ever gone have been on company money and even then I was kind of wondering what the point was

Football has to be extremely boring with how actual little playing time there is. An American friend of mine told me that being at a NFL game could be almost surreal with the players often just standing around waiting for commercials to end.

Yeah, the commercial breaks have absolutely killed the pace of the game, even from watching at home. I still enjoy the sport but it's fucking infuriating to have every kickoff and punt sandwiched by separate commercial breaks.

santeesioux

Check mexican footy team jerseys. They seriously have like 5-10 ads on them. I doubt americans teams will put more than one anytime soon.

I know our MLS team has a big "Alaskan Airlines" ad on the front of the jersey instead of the team name, so that will be unfortunate if that happens with the NBA.

I really want to play a Pokemon game after watching this. I never beat that 3ds one (white? X? one of those). I should finish that.

Is baseball fun to play. I feel like I've seen in tv shows that kids hate playing it

You get to try to hit a thing flying quickly at you with a big stick. It's pretty rad. I hate watching it though.

Is baseball fun to play. I feel like I've seen in tv shows that kids hate playing it

It's fun, but parents can be a HUGE issue in little league. Everyone thinks their kid should be playing more, the other team isn't playing fair, etc. Just look up "little league fight" on Youtube and you'll see nothing but grown-ass men and women grappling over 8-year-olds hitting a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom