• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Would you enjoy Clash Royale if it had Pokemon?

Because for me, if you take away Pokemon from Pokemon Go and you have an even lamer Ingress. I recognize that it's playing me for my nostalgia, down to using the real 151 Pokemon. That's okay.

To use other Nintendo example, had Smash Bros released with the random polygon men instead of their franchise characters, I'd be into it for its strong gameplay. Same for Mario Kart. Pokemon Go is closer to a Mario Party type game.

I don't think that's a fair comparison because Pokemon GO seems like a pure distillation of the Pokemon idea (exploring the world and catching pokemon), even if it is a dressed up Ingress

Jintor

Also I'm older so now I can yell about kids today instead of being one of the kids.

Goddamn millenials.

They should ban Pokemon Go like they banned Pokemon cards in my elementary school.

Honestly they probably will if it's still this disruptive when us school starts again. Except it'll be in high schools because not as many elementary school kiddos will have phones

Anjin M

I don't know what to think about PokéGo. But when the fad passes, it's going to go like the Woods.

I was underwhelmed by Videoball when Tim Rogers played it ages ago on a Giant Bomb live show. Such long dev time...
I remember seeing that. Watching the devs body some new players was awful.

Jabronium

Feeling the same. Austin's goodbye stream was the last piece of content I really enjoyed. I hardly watch any west coast stuff as is, but the one UPF I watched was kind of meh, and (imo) even the Beastcast has been painful to get through the last few weeks.

I haven't watched a video in about a month and I don't really feel like I'm missing anything. Am I losing interest in GB?

I haven't either, but I know it's because of the glut of bad to terrible games that they've been rattling off quick looks for in the past several weeks:

Mighty No. 9
Trials of the Blood Dragon
Umbrella Corps
Lego Star Wars
Song of the Deep
Ghostbusters
Videoball

and also the lack of big hype releases after Uncharted, Doom, and Overwatch.

Lunar FC

I haven't either, but I know it's because of the glut of bad to terrible games that they've been rattling off quick looks for in the past several weeks:

Mighty No. 9
Umbrella Corps
Lego Star Wars
Song of the Deep
Ghostbusters
Videoball

Yup, but all of these gb west quick looks have been super boring. Gbeast would get the shitty games often, but atleast they were still enjoyable.

Zaph

Gaming and everything gaming related just wears out its welcome after a while. I usually take two month-long breaks from it per year - once after e3 and again after goty.

TraBuch

Banned

Mighty No. 9
Umbrella Corps
Lego Star Wars
Song of the Deep
Ghostbusters
Videoball

I dunno, I've always felt like quick looks of bad games were among the more entertaining quick looks, I'm just not interested in watching them. Hell, Demo Derby might be my favorite feature on GB and I haven't bothered to watch the new one and I'm not really feeling the urge. The only thing I've watched are Ryan and Brad's Deadly Premonition videos.

I hate to say it, but I think it's Dan. It's like I need to take a break and recharge.

I think they're just tired from E3, and everyone winding down from their vacations. They don't even have the podcast set up properly(thus the bad mic job) so I think it's a matter of just getting everything in check.

Lunar FC

I battle game fatigue by just not playing that many games. I usually can't fill out a full top 10 goty list of just stuff i've played.

Remember when Nintendo got Beyonce for Rhythm Heaven commercials?

tumblr_inline_oa8d7e08yX1ql0zz7_500.gif

Remember when they had Nicole fucking Kidman for Brain Age? I cannot even imagine how much they had to pay her. I don't think I had ever seen her in a commercial before.

TraBuch

Banned
I think they're just tired from E3, and everyone winding down from their vacations. They don't even have the podcast set up properly(thus the bad mic job) so I think it's a matter of just getting everything in check.
I dunno, maybe. I've been seeing a lot of people saying GB's been better than it's ever been before and all I can think is "...Really?"

I dunno, maybe. I've been seeing a lot of people saying GB's been better than it's ever been before and all I can think is "...Really?"

we just need metal gear scanlon-Danvengeance

we haven't had one of those

or really...any premium content other than the usual..

santeesioux

They should ban Pokemon Go like they banned Pokemon cards in my elementary school.

It was a bizarre experience at my elementary school, during breaks every kid would run out into the hall and play the card game. My friends and I were too cool for that though, we would draw wrestlers, cut them out, and play with them like action figures, we were cool dudes.

Being a kid was really fun.

My 2nd favorite Rorie moment after the recipe book is his reduced fat anger.

Videoball looks cool, not something i'll get any time soon though.

I want a new HitDan

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've thought video ball looks great every time I've seen it, I just have that whole nobody to play with and hating random people thing going on

I think they also need a long form let's play to break up the usual quick look grind. I love Demo Derby and Game Tapes (they need more of those too), but MGScanlon really did keep me going back time and again.

They could play Overwatch on a weekly but I don't know how long that game's legs will last.

The only multiplayer games I can think of that offer the depth that can last months are the mobas, but unfortunately only Brad likes those.

The Witcher would be fantastic, but then we're basically in ER territory at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom