• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Dave Lang saying that the game has the best design he has ever seen when it's actually just a giant mess of triangles and particles flying around the screen making it impossible to follow what the fuck is happening...

Sure...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dave Lang saying that the game has the best design he has ever seen when it's actually just a giant mess of triangles and particles flying around the screen making it impossible to follow what the fuck is happening...

Sure...

0107_g0xnd.gif

videoball looks bad

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Sure...
6PAp33a.gif

Meneses

Videoball doesn't look too hot but I can see how it could be more fun to play than to watch.

Ghostbusters seems bland, boring, not very fun and something they cooked up trying to capitalize on the movie, but it kinda looks par for the course for that genre of game. I mean, it looks competent enough, definitely not the "this game is absolute garbage" variety.

Sure...

I feel that way with soooo many of the indie couch co-op type games recently. They're all completely fuckin' inscrutable at a glance.

Videoball doesn't look too hot but I can see how it could be more fun to play than to watch.

Ghostbusters seems bland, boring, not very fun and something they cooked up trying to capitalize on the movie, but it kinda looks par for the course for that genre of game. I mean, it looks competent enough, definitely not the "this game is absolute garbage" variety.

That's the balance that kind of makes for a boring Quick Look. I turned it off half way through.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Videoball looks like a fun little game for maybe 2 hours or so, but not much more. 5 years of developement sounds insane to me, but I also don't know anything about game development.

I never did beat that guy for the pearl

Oh God, now I recognize it! Fuck that fucking Shark so much. AT least the soundtrack in the bar was cool

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Videoball looks like a hype as fuck competitve game, but boring to play solo or casually.

I want to see EVO players playing Videoball and I bet it is awesome. I liked the QLEX, Dave.

Still not buying it tho cause I have no friends to play it with.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I actually disagree about Lang's opinion on the Bombcast. They should totally specialize in competitive games. It's just that they kinda picked the wrong ones. Look at Capcule Force and tell me this looks like a good game...
It's incomprehensible. And Videoball is kind of similar.

Iron Galaxy is kinda like the US version of Platinum.
In what way?

Iron Galaxy is kinda like the US version of Platinum.

IG doesn't really do much developing, they mostly just assist, port, and publish. They just need to pick better games to back.
Although their two only developed games aren't exactly winners.
Divekick
Wreckateer

Johndoey

Banned
But seriously Videoball looks like an awesome competitive game. It's got a clean look to it and the shot levels are brimming with strategic possibility.

Also I own laptop with HDMI use so the NES mini isn't doing it for me.

IG doesn't really do much developing, they mostly just assist, port, and publish. They just need to pick better games to back.
Although their two only developed games aren't exactly winners.
Divekick
Wreckateer

I thought both Divekick and KI were excellent and they made some of the best ports last generation with the Capcom stuff.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Videoball seems like it would have been better coming out 2-3 years ago when couch co-op was a hot trend. It looks super polished and is really visually appealing. It looks like a better version of IDARB.

oti

Banned
Love the Pokémon GO segment in the latest podcast. It's fun to see them trying to grasp this phenomenon they hated just a week ago (and still somewhat hate it, the game isn't perfect so I get that aspect).

Love the Pokémon GO segment in the latest podcast. It's fun to see them trying to grasp this phenomenon they hated it just a week ago.

It's hard to understand most fads that come about organically. Be it the ice bucket challenge, pokemon go, or those minisegway things. I'm not sure those behind Pokemon Go even expected it to get this huge.

I thought both Divekick and KI were excellent and they made some of the best ports last generation with the Capcom stuff.

The 3S: Online port specifically is really good. Would be cool to see it on PC/modern consoles. I don't even like 3S much and even I would be sad if that port died on last gen consoles.

oti

Banned
See, this is again an instance I just can't relate to them. They say Pokémon GO is a bad game, fair enough. It's not perfect and pretty barebones, but walking around for Pokémon is super fun to me. But all of that comes after months and months of them discussing Clash Royale as if that was some amazing new game no one has ever seen before. I tried that game and deleted it after 10 minutes. I can see the appeal but it was no fun to me at all.

TLDR: opinions, amirite

See, this is again an instance I just can't relate to them. They say Pokémon GO is a bad game, fair enough. It's not perfect and pretty barebones, but walking around for Pokémon is super fun to me. But all of that comes after months and months of them discussing Clash Royale as if that was some amazing new game no one has ever seen before. I tried that game and deleted it after 10 minutes. I can see the appeal but it was no fun to me at all.

TLDR: opinions, amirite

Would you enjoy Clash Royale if it had Pokemon?

Because for me, if you take away Pokemon from Pokemon Go and you have an even lamer Ingress. I recognize that it's playing me for my nostalgia, down to using the real 151 Pokemon. That's okay.

To use other Nintendo example, had Smash Bros released with the random polygon men instead of their franchise characters, I'd be into it for its strong gameplay. Same for Mario Kart. Pokemon Go is closer to a Mario Party type game.

I'm too young to remember Pokémania properly- was it this insane back then?

Fucking hell fire, we're having a set of Presidential campaigns fighting it out through hot Pokémon Go references.

I'm too young to remember Pokémania properly- was it this insane back then?

Fucking hell fire, we're having a set of Presidential campaigns fighting it out through hot Pokémon Go references.

yes

however the popularity is being amplified by social media and the fact that this game is social

so it's even worse than it was back then

Tubobutts

yes

however the popularity is being amplified by social media and the fact that this game is social

so it's even worse than it was back then
Also I'm older so now I can yell about kids today instead of being one of the kids.

Goddamn millenials.

They should ban Pokemon Go like they banned Pokemon cards in my elementary school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom