• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomberOwl

Has any of you ever tried this marvel?

999999-60737-05600.jpg

Yeah I used to have those all the time as a kid in Canada.

szlifier

Neo Member
Playing Red Dead kinda makes me want to re-visit GTA4.... Man... There is exactly zero quicklooks for that game on the site...

I remember all the bullshit around the Lost and Damned DLC thing but I thought there was still a quicklook for the base game and/or Gay Tony...

http://qlcrew.com/video/id-244/

And I have that live stream of GTA IV on my PC, but it looks like shit.

There's also Ryan's review for Gay Tony http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/grand-theft-auto-iv-review/1900-225/?review_id=225 that I disagree with.

OK, The Witness has its hooks in me. I am holding up bits of paper to mirrors.

I've spent about an hour on one panel and I know it's something obvious.

Zaph

This was bad enough when I was just seeing articles and youtube videos about it, but it just launched in the UK and today there were people everywhere with their phones up catching those little shits.

There was even a long segment on it during the BBC nightly news.

Kinda nuts when you think about it - there's an office in Japan somewhere that can literally control the movement of people. If this stays relevant, imagine the potential for chaos when they introduce third-party promotions.

Tubobutts

Kinda nuts when you think about it - there's an office in Japan somewhere that can literally control the movement of people. If this stays relevant, imagine the potential for chaos when they introduce third-party promotions.
That is a great premise for a something.

The real test for Pokemon GO will come when they add pokemon outside the original 151.

They will need to add some pretty nifty features to outweigh the stink of modern pokemon deisgns.

This was bad enough when I was just seeing articles and youtube videos about it, but it just launched in the UK and today there were people everywhere with their phones up catching those little shits.

There was even a long segment on it during the BBC nightly news.

"Yes I got food poisoning from eating at Arby's, but how else could I get a shiny Gloom?" - Person is 2016

Hindl

The real test for Pokemon GO will come when they add pokemon outside the original 151.

They will need to add some pretty nifty features to outweigh the stink of modern pokemon deisgns.

There are plenty of terrible designs in the original 151 and great designs in the more modern Pokemon

There are plenty of terrible designs in the original 151 and great designs in the more modern Pokemon

Gen1 has a few stinkers but I feel like the percentage of good versus bad designs has grown with each passing generation to the point where now 90% of the pokemon introduced per generation look like random background animals from the Sonic universe.

Gold and Silver as "OK"

Ruby / Sapphire was probably the last time the split was at least 50/50. Everything since has tipped the scales on the bad side and its only gotten worse as time passed

Is anyone excited that Grand Admiral Thrawn is officially part of the Star Wars canon now (again)? While I did not read the books he's featured in, I know a lot of people were angry that was wiped out of existence when they threw out the old Extended Universe stuff. If you didn't hear, Thrawn was revealed to be a major player in Season 3 of Star Wars: Rebels and will also have his own novel out next year written by Timothy Zahn, who wrote the original Thrawn books. I wonder if he'll make a cameo appearance in Rogue One, which is set in the same-ish time period of Star Wars: Rebels.

Gen1 has a few stinkers but I feel like the percentage of good versus bad designs has grown with each passing generation to the point where now 90% of the pokemon introduced per generation look like random background animals from the Sonic universe.

Gold and Silver as "OK"

Ruby / Sapphire was probably the last time the split was at least 50/50. Everything since has tipped the scales on the bad side and its only gotten worse as time passed

Or maybe because you've been following the series for so long, you're more nostalgic for the old designs or are able to forgive them for being "random background animals."

Can't believe I'm having a genwunner discussion.

Bowlie

Banned
Is anyone excited that Grand Admiral Thrawn is officially part of the Star Wars canon now (again)? While I did not read the books he's featured in, I know a lot of people were angry that was wiped out of existence when they threw out the old Extended Universe stuff. If you didn't hear, Thrawn was revealed to be a major player in Season 3 of Star Wars: Rebels and will also have his own novel out next year written by Timothy Zahn, who wrote the original Thrawn books. I wonder if he'll make a cameo appearance in Rogue One, which is set in the same-ish time period of Star Wars: Rebels.

Yes, I was SO happy when I read that earlier today. I loooved the Thrawn Trilogy, and that was the only thing that left me sad when everything became non-canon.

They said Mara won't be there, but looking at how TFA developed some of the characters, it would be hard to tie her in and write her story the same way.

Jintor

What? Fuck yes

Do we get palleon too? No point having evil Sherlock without evil Watson

I haven't watched any of Rebels but I thought it was a very cool move to incorporate probably the strongest original character from the EU stuff into the canon. Hoping they do him justice.

Megasoum

Banned
Just ordered some 50% off Dominos Pizza...

I think I'll watch LA Confidential for the first time ever tonight.

It's either that or The Rock for the 200th time lol

Just ordered some 50% off Dominos Pizza...

I think I'll watch LA Confidential for the first time ever tonight.

It's either that or The Rock for the 200th time lol

Did two large pizzas yesterday. Tempted to order another because the Dominos closest to use makes the actual sittiest pizza on the planet. Dry floppy crust, barely any sauce even when requesting extra, and I've never seen mushrooms more shriveled up than this thing was.

Did two large pizzas yesterday. Tempted to order another because the Dominos closest to use makes the actual sittiest pizza on the planet. Dry floppy crust, barely any sauce even when requesting extra, and I've never seen mushrooms more shriveled up than this thing was.

sounds like dominos. i desperately wish a pizza hut delievered here

So, uhhh people like this show right?

It gets good reviews and (at least going by online comments) seems to have a big following. I missed out on The Clone Wars, as it looked like it would be a simple Children's show. I watched it all on Netflix. While some episodes were as you'd expect, when that show was on, it was on. I made sure to not make the same mistake this time around and for the most part, it's been very fun. There are some filler episodes, but when the show is firing on all cylinders, it's great stuff. I think it would do well if Disney aired it on ABC instead of Disney XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom