• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you telling me I saw at least two Pokemon movies in theatres? Gross.

I don't remember the second movie at all.

It had some creepy collector dude who had a giant air fortress and was capturing the three elemental legendary birds, potentially causing the end of the world, just to summon one more thing to capture. Again, potentially causing the end the world through wild climate change.

Third movie was even stupider though. Little girl is sad and somehow taps into reality warping Pokemon, stealing Ash's mom because her mom disappeared.

Yo, that first Pokemon movie was great. It should have won all the Oscars. Remember when Ash turned to stone and then everybody cried and their tears brought him back to life? Fuck off Citizen Kane, THAT'S how you make a movie

Genuine gut retching moment to watch Pikachu trying to zap him back to life and then crying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rage of the Dragons is a dope fighting game and it needs science applied to it

It is better than that dumb high school game they played last time./

i'm sad i missed the twitch pokemon movie marathon

Beyond those three there's not much worth writing about. I think almost all of them follow the same pattern; either two Legendary Pokemon are warring with some human interference trying to control their power, or there's a sweet looking Legendary (Jirachi, Manaphy, etc) that is being chased by the bad guys for ultimate power. They were straight to DVD for a reason.

There was this sweet corrupted Groudon though, and the battle scenes are generally pretty cool to watch.

Tubobutts

Rage of the Dragons is a dope fighting game and it needs science applied to it

It is better than that dumb high school game they played last time./
Are you a scientist? If not, I don't think you have to qualifications to say that.

I think I only saw the first two Pokemon movies.

Johndoey

Banned
Pikachu's battery habit got away from her and now she's in deep with the Squirtle mob. Been running master balls out of Johto for the past two years.

Yeah, Rebels is a good show to have on in the background, that's about it.

Though, just like Clone Wars*, the stand-out episodes really stand out. If they could cut the fat and make it a shorter run season, it would be incredible. Both season finales have been great.

*That whole arc where the Clone Trooper discovers the Order 66 implant chip was great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As rad as KOF is looking, I don't really have anyone to play it with and I can't imagine it having a ton of single player content. Not compared to what Tekken looks to be having at least

is there a rec watch list out there for Clone Wars and rebels so i can skip all the shit?

I think IGN did one for the Clone Wars. Rebels, I don't think so, as it's too new of a show.

Edit- Looks like it was a chronological list and not an essential episode list. Some of the episodes in the series take place prior to the Clone Wars movie. They created a list that allows you to watch in a linear fashion. There appears to be no other list by them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/18/star-wars-the-clone-wars-how-to-watch-in-the-right-order

Edit 2: Maybe this might help? https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2xbfm9/essential_clone_wars_episodesarcs/

i'm sad i missed the twitch pokemon movie marathon
It became comical by the end how many times

A) a fake legendary appeared
B) Ash runs right at a force field or Pokemon and gets blown away
C) The bad guys capture Pokemon, but good guys capture Pokemon too so it has to be EVIL device like a robot or an electric net or something that hurts them instead of a Pokeball

So are they just not doing this weeks Hitman target?

Also I should probably buy that damn expansion pass already before the season is up and they stop doing those things.

according to rorie in gb chat they had recorded a premium video of the hit

Which is weird, because whenever they've done the Elusive Target missions, Brad seems to have failed the mission fairly quickly (especially the one where Dan was out of the office). The length of that video (whenever it comes) will be very interesting. The Elusive Target segments on UPF seem to last up to 10 minutes (and seem to be quicker and quicker each time!). The one he did during the Paris one was the closest he got to completed an Elusive Target mission.

Also I should probably buy that damn expansion pass already before the season is up and they stop doing those things.

Maybe wait for the disc edition? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZM6GX5I/?tag=neogaf0e-20 It appears it will be $40 at launch in December.

Which is weird, because whenever they've done the Elusive Target missions, Brad seems to have failed the mission fairly quickly (especially the one where Dan was out of the office). The length of that video (whenever it comes) will be very interesting. The Elusive Target segments on UPF seem to last up to 10 minutes (and seem to be quicker and quicker each time!). The one he did during the Paris one was the closest he got to completed an Elusive Target mission.

I think it's that doing them on UPF puts a pressure on Brad, not only for the time limit but doing it in front of an audience both digitally and physically.

I imagine if he takes it slow he can do it~

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it's that doing them on UPF puts a pressure on Brad, not only for the time limit but doing it in front of an audience both digitally and physically.

I imagine if he takes it slow he can do it~

Brad taking it slow is his problem. He fucks up way too many opportunities because he's too paranoid. It's why he got busted on the elusive target by the balcony. He had him and then he hesitated then went for it as he was walking out and got busted.

I'm fucking terrible at stealth games and those elusive targets don't take long at all. It's crude how dumb the AI is sometimes. For example, the elusive target and the campaign mission in Hitman. I literally followed behind the bodyguard who was behidn the target. Choked out the bodyguard RIGHT BEHIND HIM and took his disguise and easily killed him.

Jintor

hitman needs to have dumb ai and to be predictable because a bunch of different systems can interact at the same time and it's important that it act predictably

that said, i haven't really been feeling the elusive targets so much

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dangerous Golf is the most I can think of in recent years I've seen Giant Bomb try to like a game because of Criterion.

It just looks bad. It always looks bad. It should be open and shut.

Chuck

Still without luck
Christ, evo can't end soon enough. No matter how many twitter filters I set up, I still get this bullshit. UUUuuuugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom