• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

i just wish i had more time to follow fcg stuff on the reg, but as long as regular commentators can still whip up a good narrative for me to follow at evo i'll get my money's worth.

next year definitely gonna find a bar or something and try and watch with friends

Salarians

Oh man, this 2013 Bombcast; Jeff and Brad were out so Vinny brought in Jeff Green and Brad Muir as replacements. I can't believe I forgot about this. And now Drew is talking about hockey.

JJDubz

I treat it like SGDQ or AGDQ, watch it when theres downtime and get drowned in the hype. Always somethinf good going on~

Best time for gaming for the year, imo.

Even when I don't have much time, those runs are fantastic.

<3 both games done quick events. A ton of fun every time.

Jintor

this dead rising 3 organ harvester boss is incredibly stupid.

- removes your inventory
- 'drugs' you so removes your normal fighting abilities, including your DODGE
- shitty qte that's so unreadable i died 3 times to it before realising what it actually wanted me to do, which is impressive for a QTE that literally has onscreen instructions (it turns out if you do anything in the "press y or x" time, including TOUCHING THE STICK, you instant-fail the QTE)
- also a lot of sitting there watching animations play out like 'fall over because drugs' or 'dude is using a surgical saw on you'

also boss totally pops up midway through a seemingly unrelated objective, though i guess preparing wouldn't matter because they remove your inventory

Myggen

I`m probably Myggen myself here, but whatever.

2870102-2870053-gerstmann1.jpg

2870097-2870054-gertsmann2.jpg

2870098-2870055-shoemaker.jpg

2870099-2870089-navarro.jpg

jaina

Scizzy

Oh man, this 2013 Bombcast; Jeff and Brad were out so Vinny brought in Jeff Green and Brad Muir as replacements. I can't believe I forgot about this. And now Drew is talking about hockey.

Almost certainly the only Bombcast where I can roughly remember the description: something like "Brad talks Dota 2, Jeff discusses his years of experience in the game industry, and [something, I don't remember this]. EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL."

Joeku

Just watched UPF and holy shit, Overcooked looks like Cook Serve Delicious meets Spaceteam. I am SO getting in on that shit. Seems great.

one of the all time great episodes. Everyone is so on fire, and I love the way the show is introduced with Vinny pretending the guests are in fact the real Brad and Jeff. I believe they even play up to it iirc i.e. both altering their voices to impersonate them. I'm laughing just thinking about it. Tbh though, I could listen to Jeff Green talk about anything. Wish he was still on podcasts regularly.

I should have figured that Florida Pokemon Go story was going to be filled by people saying "LOL AMERICA AMIRTE?!" like people stopping in front of your house at 1:30am is completely normal. He took it a step too far because they were still on the road, of course, so he should be prosecuted, but the kids aren't entirely blameless either. Florida has that damn stand your ground law ffs.

I don't get going out at night like that. You know how shady it looks for a car to drive up to an area, stop, and then keep going? Hell it makes me uncomfortable hitting the couple of Pokestops on the way home during the daytime.

hamchan

I should have figured that Florida Pokemon Go story was going to be filled by people saying "LOL AMERICA AMIRTE?!" like people stopping in front of your house at 1:30am is completely normal. He took it a step too far because they were still on the road, of course, so he should be prosecuted, but the kids aren't entirely blameless either.

I don't get going out at night like that. You know how shady it looks for a car to drive up to an area, stop, and then keep going? Hell it makes me uncomfortable hitting the couple of Pokestops on the way home during the daytime.

People stopping in front of a house at 1:30am seems completely normal to me in suburban Australia. Plus roads are public so anyone should be able to use it and stop by the side whenever they want without fearing some crazy dude would try and shoot them. You're wrong, the kids are blameless, why would they take any blame for what happened?

Plus it's also true that out of all the first world countries, America is the one most likely to have someone shooting at you just for stopping a car.

Meneses

I should have figured that Florida Pokemon Go story was going to be filled by people saying "LOL AMERICA AMIRTE?!" like people stopping in front of your house at 1:30am is completely normal. He took it a step too far because they were still on the road, of course, so he should be prosecuted, but the kids aren't entirely blameless either. Florida has that damn stand your ground law ffs.

Eventually people are gonna start getting beat up (or worse) for trespassing and the property owners will actually be kinda justified. People don't seem to have much common sense.

Can't wait for the first lawsuits against Nintendo for inciting disorderly behaviour or something like that.

You're wrong, the kids are blameless, why would they take any blame for what happened?

So this is probably a perspective because I am an American, but some people driving up near my house at 1:30am would freak me the hell out. They're living in a state where it's legal to be armed AND they have had multiple high profile shooting stories in very recent memory related to gun violence around private property. Hell there are enough stories solely on Pokemon Go across the country that should make people somewhat cautious about driving around through neighborhoods because of legal firearms. There are very good reasons why they shouldn't be out doing that so late at night.

I would like to reiterate: No, the man who shot at them was not right to do so. He should go to jail.

Eventually people are gonna start getting beat up (or worse) for trespassing and the property owners will actually be kinda justified. People don't seem to have much common sense.

Can't wait for the first lawsuits against Nintendo for inciting disorderly behaviour or something like that.

I mean we saw this shit with Ingress didn't we?

There's no way Nintendo will ever see a lawsuit, they have a disclaimer when you start the app and I'm sure there's something in a TOS that protects them.

hamchan

So this is probably a perspective because I am an American, but some people driving up near my house at 1:30am would freak me the hell out. They're living in a state where it's legal to be armed AND they have had multiple high profile shooting stories in very recent memory related to gun violence around private property. Hell there are enough stories solely on Pokemon Go across the country that should make people somewhat cautious about driving around through neighborhoods because of legal firearms. There are very good reasons why they shouldn't be out doing that so late at night.

I would like to reiterate: No, the man who shot at them was not right to do so. He should go to jail.

So it sounds like it is an American problem, which is why people are going "LOL AMERICA", because it's true. I have no fear of getting shot here in Australia just for stopping my car at the side of the road. I have no fear of someone stopping a car in front of my house. Especially on a Saturday night where there are plenty of non-criminal reasons for someone to be out late.

It sounds ludicrous to me to blame the victim for being shot at but apparently in America it's so bad that going out at night is equivalent to a Darwin award.

I live 20 minutes from where that Pokemon thing happened and it's probably the least surprising local news thing I've read all week. The only thing people in these parts love more than their guns is their right to "stand their ground," even if that means shooting at someone driving away.

A man fired a gun at two people driving away. What the fuck is this post even

popo

So it sounds like it is an American problem, which is why people are going "LOL AMERICA", because it's true. I have no fear of getting shot here in Australia just for stopping my car at the side of the road. I have no fear of someone stopping a car in front of my house. Especially on a Saturday night where there are plenty of non-criminal reasons for someone to be out late.

It sounds ludicrous to me to blame the victim for being shot at but apparently in America it's so bad that going out at night is equivalent to a Darwin award.

Yup. I understand if you don't like people using it as an excuse to bash america. This is GAF, you are pretty much expected to hate your own country unless it is Canada or Scotland.

That said. If your first thought when you see a strange car outside your house is fear. Or, as another poster suggested, your first thought when you encounter a trespasser is to beat them up, it ain't great.

KingKong

Yup. I understand if you don't like people using it as an excuse to bash america. This is GAF, you are pretty much expected to hate your own country unless it is Canada or Scotland.

That said. If your first thought when you see a strange car outside your house is fear. Or, as another poster suggested, your first thought when you encounter a trespasser is to beat them up, it ain't great.

thats a lot of peoples thoughts in most countries, the difference is that they're not allowed to own guns

BearPawB

Banned
Dangerous Golf is the most I can think of in recent years I've seen Giant Bomb try to like a game because of Criterion.

It just looks bad. It always looks bad. It should be open and shut.

I don't think they ever said the game looked/was anything other than bad

Regardless of what people's opinion's are on Florida man's handling of Pokémon Go players, Niantic needs to do something about situations like this. Maybe that means Pokémon don't spawn and gyms aren't open from 9pm to 6am or something.

Strax

Playing RDR, there is a reason I it finished it 2 in the month it came out. Damn it good.
However I've been having a strange issue I don't remember having when it came out. I can't seem to aim my gun while riding on a horse or riding a stage coach, almost every time John Marston dismounts.

Had to replay this mission 5 times because of it

I looked at the controls and it says only triangle dismounts. Its strange bug.

Regardless of what people's opinion's are on Florida man's handling of Pokémon Go players, Niantic needs to do something about situations like this. Maybe that means Pokémon don't spawn and gyms aren't open from 9pm to 6am or something.
That seems like a pretty scorched-earch solution for something that is not affecting like 98% of players, many of whom have stuff to do during the workday and can't commit time to the game until the evening / early morning.

Joeku

Playing RDR, there is a reason I it finished it 2 in the month it came out. Damn it good.
However I've been having a strange issue I don't remember having when it came out. I can't seem to aim my gun while riding on a horse or riding a stage coach, almost every time John Marston dismounts.

Had to replay this mission 5 times because of it

I looked at the controls and it says only triangle dismounts. Its strange bug.

Like, you press LT and nothing happens, or you press LT and he dismounts what he's riding?

If the former, that's probably a controller thing. If the latter, *shrug*

Joeku

It got hotter and messier. Now it hits 0fps for minutes at a time (with the latest patch). 1:40-ish is where it crescendos.

There are no words for this.

Been effectively unplayable on my PC since day 1 and I'm not sure why :(.

Framerate tanks seconds into loading the game. What a bummer. JC2 was GREAT!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's so disappointing to hear Just Cause 3 is so fucked. I was planning on playing it at some point. JC2 had exceptional performance on PC, too!

Sadly it's not that great anyway. The game just feels waaaaay too easy. There is really no challenge at all. I guess some people wanted this out of the game but I liked JC2 because on the higher difficulties it was moderately challenging without being actually hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom