• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

I am fine with people ripping on social media. Just be more succinct, like you guys.
It is weird that Dan of all people is complaining about social media stuff and smartphones when the simple solution is to just not use it.

But then he couldn't sell his shirts/brand.

Bw4COPA.gif

Hey VR is pretty cool guys. I know it's not (yet) all it was cracked up to be software-wise, but when it's good it's goooood. Had some really incredible moment tonight playing paintball in Rec Room (they have GOT to play it on VRodeo, and for more than 5 minutes) and an archery game/demo called QuiVr.

FStop7

Banned
2005 game tapes?

Soon... we're going to see the first Game Tapes of a Giant Bomb E3 livestream.

The snake will devour its own tail. The lamb will break the seventh seal.

Upstate NY?

No, Wisconsin. Apparently the market for retro games is so good nowadays that a store specifically targeted at very, very hardcore retro collectors can thrive. I went into that store and had a conversation with the guy at the counter about the VideoGamesPlus reprint of Infinite Space because they had a copy of the original printing. It was insane. It was like posting on GAF in person.

fuck, that sounds awful. I'm glad you made it out okay.

He was fixing an N64 while I talked to him. It was great. Okay, maybe the level of detail and knowledge was like gaf, but not the actual conversation, which was conducted by real humans and not meme-spewing snarklords. No, that happened at another store, where an incredibly disheveled customer kept asking everyone if they had seen some sort of ESPN sports creepypasta. I was very uncomfortable and only bought Hamtaro for Game Boy Color.

Then I ate at Red Lobster because I need the food I shovel into my gaping maw to reflect my internalized self-loathing, and the women in the booth next to us were talking about getting blisters from Mario Party for like 20 mintues. What the fuck is going on? Did I slide into The Wizard? Is this like when you see one ant and then you suddenly notice a shit-load of them because your focus shifted? Are games cool again? Are they art?

who is the lester bangs of game journalism

Salarians

He was fixing an N64 while I talked to him. It was great. Okay, maybe the level of detail and knowledge was like gaf, but not the actual conversation, which was conducted by real humans and not meme-spewing snarklords. No, that happened at another store, where an incredibly disheveled customer kept asking everyone if they had seen some sort of ESPN sports creepypasta. I was very uncomfortable and only bought Hamtaro for Game Boy Color.

Then I ate at Red Lobster because I need the food I shovel into my gaping maw to reflect my internalized self-loathing, and the women in the booth next to us were talking about getting blisters from Mario Party for like 20 mintues. What the fuck is going on? Did I slide into The Wizard? Is this like when you see one ant and then you suddenly notice a shit-load of them because your focus shifted? Are games cool again? Are they art?
tumblr_inline_oad642O8w51r76lqg_500.gif

Tubobutts

At the end of the Beastcast Dan said something about "having a party" over at GB West. I take that as 100% confirmation that Dan is going to GB East.

New hire speculation has to be 100% West coast.
He was talking about a Mario Party Party.

Unless it's another work.

I'm watching through the tapes now, and I can't help but notice and it's something Jeff pointed out, it seemed they had these big ideas when it came to the Internet and WiFi and few other things that just didn't pan out the way they describe it.

In, and this is me here kind of making a parallel just for the sake of making a parallel, in a way one could say they, kind of lied about some of that stuff. Was there a giant uproar about failed promises and such when the wii launch? You know in the same vein as all the no man sky stuff.

Peru

I'm watching through the tapes now, and I can't help but notice and it's something Jeff pointed out, it seemed they had these big ideas when it came to the Internet and WiFi and few other things that just didn't pan out the way they describe it.

In, and this is me here kind of making a parallel just for the sake of making a parallel, in a way one could say they, kind of lied about some of that stuff. Was there a giant uproar about failed promises and such when the wii launch? You know in the same vein as all the no man sky stuff.

No different from any other hardware launch where a couple of sales pitch ideas are pushed on stage to never really matter in the end.

Anjin M

Two things:

1) The idea of Danny moving east is crazy. I'm ready for Dan to go, but Danny too? Oh heavens.

2) Also, did Miyamoto inviting Tina Wood backstage read as exceptionally creepy to anyone else?

Two things:

1) The idea of Danny moving east is crazy. I'm ready for Dan to go, but Danny too? Oh heavens.

2) Also, did Miyamoto inviting Tina Wood backstage read as exceptionally creepy to anyone else?

Did you see Drew's face? He was the only one there that seemed to react to that. Then again, Jeff and Brad were there at that conference in person back then.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That's a situation I didn't think about, I hope they give the right team Thief and the freedom to make it faithful to the originals while also modernizing it like Hitman/Deus Ex have done. I would be great to have another really good Thief game.

Hitman has me finally convinced someone can design good enormous stealth levels again. They should get the IO team to work on another Thief

Hitman has me finally convinced someone can design good enormous stealth levels again. They should get the IO team to work on another Thief

I think it works for Hitman, because it seems the team approached it as 'How can we give the player as many options as possible to take out a target, and how much of a 'playground' can we make it for them.'

While, the latest Thief for example, it seemed the team approached it as 'How can we make a AAA game with awesome moments'. The team behind Hitman definitely has it down on how to make a fun game.

Lunar FC

How did I just find out about Dan's engagement now?
Was checking his twitter praying he was back in SF.

I wonder if Beast will put out a bunch of videos with Dan this week. It's honestly been a lot less than what I was anticipating.
That is GB's forte.

Tagyhag

I wonder if Beast will put out a bunch of videos with Dan this week. It's honestly been a lot less than what I was anticipating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom