• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Maiorum

I refuse to consume Playstation coverage from giantbomb.com because I desire fair and unbiased coverage.

Now excuse me while I read this review for Playstation hardware on PlaystationLifestyle.com

bumclot

Giant Bomb are deep in the pocket of MS!

PSVR thread and the guy who thinks GBeast are imbedding subliminal ads into their podcast has me not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

LiK

This was my choice from as soon as I found out this was going to be an option. I never owned a 360 so finally being able to play a HD version of Rez has got me hype!

yeah man, Rez HD was amazing and Rez Infinite is supposed to be even better. I really can't wait to play that new Area X too.

graboids

Got woozy playing Batman VR.

2891174-untitled-1.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
This post is mostly for Jeff and Brad after I heard them saying they had Achievement issues on PC but it's too long to post on Twitter and it might help other people too.

So I had the same exact problem with the achievement notifications not working on Windows 10. I checked my global notification settings in Windows and everything looked ok.

I found this fix that totally worked and now I get a pop-up with the sound every time I unlock an achievement in Forza.

Go to this Website: http://winaero.com/blog/fix-missing-notifications-in-windows-10/

And download the REG file using the "download it directly from Winareo" link. Run it and reboot your PC.

The site is for an issue with the Mail App but it worked for me with Forza too.

Also you might need to have the Xbox app installed on your PC? I'm not sure but I keep it running in the background just in case when I play Forza.

Once all VR uses a lighthouse like solution for tracking, these type of annoying tracking issues will go away. Rift tracking is pretty good with the camera but it still is inferior in both coverage and flexibility. Eventually, the lighthouses won't be needed and the tracking will be completely done within the headset.

bjork

Two weeks in a row of my email not making it on the bombcast. But an email about dan wiping his butt made it on. I need to up my game a little.

robotrock

Banned
Once all VR uses a lighthouse like solution for tracking, these type of annoying tracking issues will go away. Rift tracking is pretty good with the camera but it still is inferior in both coverage and flexibility. Eventually, the lighthouses won't be needed and the tracking will be completely done within the headset.

Seems like you're always gonna need some external solution like lighthouse/camera to get actual positional tracking

Strax

Two weeks in a row of my email not making it on the bombcast. But an email about dan wiping his butt made it on. I need to up my game a little.

oh please I've sent in maybe 25 e-mails in the last 3 years and none of them have been read.

Gurrry

Damn, I just got one of those VR headsets for phones last night for my birthday. I kinda wanted a PSVR but I know theyre all sold out, and quite honestly, I think id rather just go all in and get the Vive.

However, this looks like a decent option if I cant spend the 800 dollars. Hopefully some of these little issues get ironed out and the price goes down, then PSVR will be the most attractive offer.

Oh, and also get it working on PC.

FStop7

Banned
Is any mod cleaning up? I sometimes wonder why they do not slap on a few hands of some obvious cases.

What I've learned so far today is that Giant Bomb is part of a conspiracy, their studio lights are so powerful that they also cause Austin (another conspirator) to have PSVR issues, and that Jeff got nauseous because he is fat.

Your hardcore nexus of video game news has spoken.

Top Bottom