• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Zaph

50 posts on a GB gaming thread until an Easy Allies comparison was made.

Think that's a new record, things are improving.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I already wrote my sarcastic post about how they don't even like video games and are doing this 5 am voluntary livestream about new video game hardware, but it's just not worth it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was going to say Giant Bomb should rename their GOTY to 'game we hated the least' but then I realized some ranty european on youtube with a funny hat gimmick probably already has that on lock.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I was going to say Giant Bomb should rename their GOTY to 'game we hated the least' but then I realized some ranty european on youtube with a funny hat gimmick probably already has that on lock.

GB's "Old Game of the Year" should always be Jade Empire

I was actually expecting to start watching this and regret cancelling my preorder. So far I think I made the right decision. Think I'll just stick with my Vive.

Novocaine

I was hoping for a mario party stream. This sucks.

Maybe they'll play 6 in VR.
tW4BXW1.gif

LiK

okay, watching YouTube and rewinded to the start. i need to see this in action. sounds bad from the opening comments already.

This is maybe the third time on the podcast I've heard Dan say he can't disable Cortana on his PC. Is he just talking about right clicking the taskbar and selecting "hidden" or is this something else?

I'll catch up on the stream tomorrow, but the reaction so far makes me feels better about my Oculus Rift purchase.

LiK

Might cancel and also tell my sis to not buy it for her husband. I was gonna sell my bundle preorder to her for his bday but this looks bad so far. After watching Rift and Vive, this looks like shit so far.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This is maybe the third time on the podcast I've heard Dan say he can't disable Cortana on his PC. Is he just talking about right clicking the taskbar and selecting "hidden" or is this something else?

I'll catch up on the stream tomorrow, but the reaction so far makes me feels better about my Oculus Rift purchase.

The anniversary update made it so you can't hide the circle button any more. Or at least made it more complicated than it should be

Xater

These outside of community GB threads are great. It's just like people wanting to expose themselves as the biggest fanboys of whatever. A great way to make your ignore list grow.

These outside of community GB threads are great. It's just like people wanting to expose themselves as the biggest fanboys of whatever. A great way to make your ignore list grow.

special shout-out to the dude with a "PSVR Day One Ticket" avatar calling Jeff "GIANTBOMB ASSHOLE"

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The thing about GB is that they are super open about all of this. Like...that's pretty much what every outlet did to arrive at their review text or 5 minute video but they don't have hours of it on video. So they're opening themselves up for criticism, especially of people that want only the polished controlled PR fed to them.

Xater

Giant Bomb + Live stream + Sony hardware

It's like the perfect setup for gaf to lose its fucking mind

But I like Sony and I am not losing my mind.

Actually to be fair I usually say of myself that I hate all these companies equally.

Top Bottom