• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

oti

Banned
So, has anybody settled on who's going to make the GB livestream thread? If nobody has dibs on it, I'd like to make it same as the other VR threads especially since I'll be here when it starts however, I don't think I'll be able to see the entire stream live like the previous ones but we'll see.

If you guys have any suggestions for the title, shoot'em up here and whichever title that gets mostly agreed upon is the one I'll choose.

It's always Summer in PlayStation VR Nation

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It took me well over a year (on and off of course) but ive finally gone through the main non dlc story line in the witcher 3. I have to say it's been such a good ride, i should have really finished it earlier. I'm very inclined to read the books! I hope they're as good as what cdprojectred has put together.

It took me well over a year (on and off of course) but ive finally gone through the main non dlc story line in the witcher 3. I have to say it's been such a good ride, i should have really finished it earlier. I'm very inclined to read the books! I hope they're as good as what cdprojectred has put together.

I hate reading, but The Witcher 3 was so dang good, I got the audio books of them and man, it's super enjoyable. It fills in the character a whole lot more... too bad Geralt's voice actor wasn't able to lend the voice to the audiobooks, because man, that would have been icing on the cake. I suggest if you don't really want to sit down with physical copies of the books, the auidobooks are really good.

Jintor

I have to budget out my bullshit but I am planning to give one Daniel O'Dwyer some of my hard earned australia dollareydoos

So, I was watching Colin and Greg Live over at Kinda Funny on Monday and they were discussing Alexa Rey Corriea's announcement that she's leaving GameSpot. They mentioned how they've been privy to her plans for a while. Now, this is the interesting part. People have construed her words as saying that she's leaving games altogether. However, they kept stressing and repeating she only said media. Since they now what her plans are, that makes me think she's either going into PR or development. She also said she's staying in SF. Wonder if it's Ubisoft. Other than Danny, it seems if you leave GameSpot, you either go to Ubi or Twitch. Is there a Square Enix office in SF?

Zaph

Yup, I finally finished up the game and DLC's a couple weeks ago. What a great series, but I still think the first game was my favourite - they introduced the world so well in it.

Those two DLC's were really great though. If anything, I wish there was less content in The Witcher 3 and instead more of the questing brought up to the standard of those expansions.

So, I was watching Colin and Greg Live over at Kinda Funny on Monday and they were discussing Alexa Rey Corriea's announcement that she's leaving GameSpot. They mentioned how they've been privy to her plans for a while. Now, this is the interesting part. People have construed her words as saying that she's leaving games altogether. However, they kept stressing and repeating she only said media. Since they now what her plans are, that makes me think she's either going into PR or development. She also said she's staying in SF. Wonder if it's Ubisoft. Other than Danny, it seems if you leave GameSpot, you either go to Ubi or Twitch. Is there a Square Enix office in SF?

Isnt she writing a book about games?

Realistically she is probably leaving games media since its an extremely risky position to be in. Getting hired at a company is infinitely more prosperous.

Well, no shit. You could just assume that everybody at GameSpot has "get the fuck out of here" as their #1 priority and you'd probably be right.

GameSpot is just not built for "personalities", in my opinion. Even more so, now that they seem to be delving more and more into top ten lists on YouTube. When Alexa leaves, the only people I can name will be Erick Tay, Mary Kish, Rob Handlery, Peter Brown, and to some extent, Mike Mahardy. Anyone else is unknown to me. The only other person I know by name Eddie Makuch who does news for GameSpot (but lives in Connecticut or something). And the only reason I know his name is because when Kinda Funny reads news from GameSpot on Colin and Greg Live, and Eddie has a byline on said article, Greg says his name in the sort of way you would when a friend walks into a bar or something. Other than that, the rest of GameSpot is nameless to me.

Isnt she writing a book about games?

Realistically she is probably leaving games media since its an extremely risky position to be in. Getting hired at a company is infinitely more prosperous.

Not sure. Wouldn't that technically still be considered games media in a way?

I wonder if they will check out games that received VR patches like Hustle Kings (the free to play pool game). It got support last week. War Thunder is getting it too, but I'm not sure if it's already in. Drew should do that one.
She's out too? Woosh.

edit: yeah, breezy, about KH2

Yeah. She announced it on Monday on Twitter.

Gamespot seems like a pretty good stepping stone to get into video game companies proper and that's probably why no-one them likes them in the first place.

Xater

I am looking forward to more VR stream madness.

Still not going to buy any headset for now, but I continue to watch interested from the side lines.

It's always Summer in PlayStation VR Nation

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Should this be the title?

I stayed up all night and now I can't sleep to prepare for this stream... oh boy I'm gonna crash hard early through this thing.

Same here. I actually been doing paperwork and phone calls.etc so now I'm kind of exhausted but I want to watch for the first few hours then sleep and catch the rest later when I wake up. I'll be making the thread though so all is good.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Like I'm pretty sure they've gotten that question already.

Multiple times.

I'm 100% sure they talked about it. I remember Vinny not being a fan.

Edit: Why the hell do I remember that, but can't remember a simple formula I've been trying to remember for a week....
GB should do an "Economics" podcast, maybe then I'll finally be able to pass my tests.

Top Bottom