• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Vinter

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but to see some gaffers pull out the old "jaded and cynical" argument every time the crew isn't 100 % excited about a product/game is just crazy.

relief_md

Neo Member
You should have seen it in mid 2007 when the NPD threads were a thing and the PS3 was struggling while Wii/DS sales were off the charts. Followed by FF13 being announced as multi-platform.

Yeah.

9 years ago. When there was a white guy playing president.

People are getting real weird on GAF today. I can't even fathom caring about an electronics company that much.

People are always weird. The thing isn't even technically out yet and there is this rush to definitively decide that it's either the best thing ever or a complete flop piece of shit, and then use the impressions or opinions of reviewers or internet personalities to confirm their bias either way. It seems to be that way with any big release, be it software or hardware. People have these weird stakes on the line as to whether a product is good or not.

People are always weird. The thing isn't even technically out yet and there is this rush to definitively decide that it's either the best thing ever or a complete flop piece of shit, and then use the impressions or opinions of reviewers or internet personalities to confirm their bias either way. It seems to be that way with any big release, be it software or hardware. People have these weird stakes on the line as to whether a product is good or not.

I made the point that like 10% of the review units have been reported to have tracking issues and commented that that's a horrifying number if it's a representative sample and now I'm apparently responsible for the death of VR

counter point: all video game communities are bad when forced to defend their thing

Counter-counter point: No one should defend (or attack) something until its out to the public (in my opinion). I remember the night before PS4 was set to release there were a couple people who won PS4 via Taco Bell and were having issues with their consoles. For that night, at least, many people were convinced PS4 was going to end up like the initial 360's (especially coupled with some cryptic tweets from video game journalists at the time). That thread was quite entertaining, though, as we all tried to watch the guy set up his PS4 on Twitch. Though, I'll admit I was a little worried that my PS4 would have issues. 3 years later, it works amazingly (knock on wood).

Edit: Found that thread!! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715057

FStop7

Banned
The livestream's been over for hours but the thread is still going and hoo boy it's off the deep end.

I made the point that like 10% of the review units have been reported to have tracking issues and commented that that's a horrifying number if it's a representative sample and now I'm apparently responsible for the death of VR

How does it feel to be a MURDERER?

the notion that people feel "forced" to defend consumer electronics is The Problem.

Counter-counter point: No one should defend (or attack) something until its out to the public (in my opinion). I remember the night before PS4 was set to release there were a couple people who won PS4 via Taco Bell and were having issues with their consoles. For that night, at least, many people were convinced PS4 was going to end up like the initial 360's (especially coupled with some cryptic tweets from video game journalists at the time). That thread was quite entertaining, though, as we all tried to watch the guy set up his PS4 on Twitch. Though, I'll admit I was a little worried that my PS4 would have issues. 3 years later, it works amazingly (knock on wood).

i mean, i agree. these are more also-points

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Edit: Found that thread!! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715057

My Taco Bell PS4 is still working smooth as nacho cheese. *knocks on taco shell*

TraBuch

Banned
VR fanbase is still more tolerable than the Shenmue fanbase.

Nothing's quite as bad as the Aesop Rock fanbase, though, but that's a totally different discussion.

Best part of the VR streams is the live cam.

zu7jvuu.gif

I missed the first couple of hours of the stream this morning, but from what I can tell the PSVR seems like it's having some pretty bad issues. That's kind of a bummer. I'm sort of OK that I cancelled my pre-order months ago.

Gonna watch beginning of the stream now..

repeater

Well at least that person proved not to be completely insulated from facts.
giant bomb asshole

set up the VR all wrong

wait no he didn't

PsVr sucks
Jitteriness In play space
Giant Bomb Asshole.
Very good!

Top Bottom