• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I played 20 minutes of Doom 2 in VR a few months ago and I was covered in pre-motion sickness sweat and I knew about 1 more minute of it and I'd be puking my guts out and I never get motion sickness typically. I think I've gotten better VR legs now for those type of experiences but for an early experience, it's a really bad idea to play keyboard/mouse or controller first person shooters with traditional movement controls.

In theory developers could do a pseudo augmented reality option for their games. Say, you're looking at a giant screen, but all the hud elements are placed on the outside border.

FStop7

Banned
I watched about 30 mins of John Wick and it was like watching a human re-enactment of the various special kills from the 2004 Punisher game.

I can smell Jeff trying to push the Pro Doom narrative for GOTY against Overwatch with his "I don't know if people even play that that much anymore of if the numbers are good" comment.

I SEE YOU GERSTMANN.

#Doom2016GOTY

BearPawB

Banned
Ill admit, I was fighting the contrarian fight. But I see no scenario that Doom loses game of the year to any game that has already been released

Plesiades

I can smell Jeff trying to push the Pro Doom narrative for GOTY against Overwatch with his "I don't know if people even play that that much anymore of if the numbers are good" comment.

I SEE YOU GERSTMANN.

#Doom2016GOTY

Jeff just needs to bring up Roadhog's hook to end Overwatch's GOTY chances ;)

Top Bottom