• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

BTA

Vinny has always been really down about IRL guns. Remember how much he freaked out about the gun situation in Life is Strange?

I can't really see this as being down or overblown. I totally get not wanting to see that kind of imagery in your daily life. Particularly with the added context he's shared on Twitter regarding them having to do safety drills for the possibility of a shooter in the office.

I don't understand the logic of having the Endurance Run be daily. Now it's over, and it only lasted a month.

Doing an episode a week, or two a week at most, would fill in your schedule for the next half year.

I don't understand the logic of having the Endurance Run be daily. Now it's over, and it only lasted a month.

Doing an episode a week, or two a week at most, would fill in your schedule for the next half year.

I wanted them to do that too, but it's not in the tradition of the Endurance Run I suppose.

LiK

daily works so well. really enjoy having a new video to look forward to each day.

Shenmue 2 is a much longer game so expect an even longer ER with that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
He's always had interesting hangups about violence. He has his sleeping dogs sprees, but when he was in on the UFC quick looks he was disturbed pretty much the entire time.

That's bit really weird though. If you hit a dude with a car in Sleepy Dawgs he flies off into the nightsky, pirouetting and spinning. Many people (including me) just don't like "realistic" depiction of very graphic violence.

So....?

That would not be near as fun... especially with a slow paced game like Shenmue. You would literally go weeks with almost nothing happening. If they did that the episodes would definitely have to be longer, like 1.5-2 hours minimum.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That's bit really weird though. If you hit a dude with a car in Sleepy Dawgs he flies off into the nightsky, pirouetting and spinning. Many people (including me) just don't like "realistic" depiction of very graphic violence.

Sleeping Dogs was brutal. Smashing people's faces off of walls, throwing them on the ground, breaking knees, pushing heads into fanblades and throwing people on table saws. It really just seems like when Vinny's in control he doesn't look at it the same way as when somebody else is playing.

Not a judgement or anything, just an observation that's kind of hard to miss.

pizzacat

Banned
Jeff wasn't kidding about how the old gears characters introduce themselves lmaoo

That era of random Japanese devs want to make MMOs is the best
25484_full.jpg

I remember EGM having an article about what was supposed to be a Resident Evil MMO but got turned into Outbreak.
IORI!

They should have released one endurance run video per year. Then there would be a quarter century's worth of content! That's insane, they could basically stop working and be good for twenty years. Think about it!

LiK

They should have released one endurance run video per year. Then there would be a quarter century's worth of content! That's insane, they could basically stop working and be good for twenty years. Think about it!

Record all their stuff like those game shows for a few weeks and just release them throughout the year.

I did the leg break in every fight I could. Even for just the street fight tournament thing. Wei Shen don't fuck around.

IIRC that move didn't do much (or any) damage so you could just snap a guy's leg over and over again. It made everyone around you wince, too, which was amazing.

Sleepy Dogs is a good video game

FStop7

Banned
I thought D2D was still pretty big. I guess GOG, GMG, and Origin have eclipsed them. For a while they were the only digital distribution service I recognized after Steam, they had banner ads all over the place. It seemed like they had some sort of association with Gamestop/EBGames for a while, too. I thought they were owned by Gamestop, actually.

Top Bottom