• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

To be fair, East has had a month of content in the bank going out every day, and their output has still been dire.

I don't know how anyone can really make excuses for it anymore. They might as well have done it live daily as it hasn't freed up time to produce more content.

oti

Banned
When Dan is gone I am looking forward to there being exactly the same amount of GBWest premium content as there is now...

200w.gif

Have they actually addressed this in any way? They have to agree premium content is sparse, right? They just have to.

BTA

Continuing to listen to Jar Time... it sounds like Jeff's not certain where the first new hire would go, which is interesting. I guess if you're thinking long term, just having another guy in the West office might not be as important as getting someone who can do certain things.

Good to hear that subs are constantly increasing, in any case.
I fucked up and missed the sale so I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and resub at the full price soon.

Maiorum

Did they talk about the kotaku Star Citizen article on the podcasts? Maybe I missed it. I was looking forward to hearing what they had to say about the whole thing.

Curious to see how the Bombcast will fare after Dan leaves, maybe they'll try to have a guest in every week? It can already feel a bit sparse, Drew might as well not be there sometimes. Not that I blame him, I feel for the duder since he was more of a behind the scenes video producer before the drop in personnel in SF basically forced him to fill a permanent chair on the podcast.

bjork

Curious to see how the Bombcast will fare after Dan leaves, maybe they'll try to have a guest in every week? It can already feel a bit sparse, Drew might as well not be there sometimes. Not that I blame him, I feel for the duder since he was more of a behind the scenes video producer before the drop in personnel in SF basically forced him to fill a permanent chair on the podcast.

I would imagine that it'll be fine. I remember when they had Samantha Kalman on like 2y ago, Brad mentioned that they'd been wanting to do more revolving fourth chair stuff, so maybe this will be the time for that.

Also drew rules

I would imagine that it'll be fine. I remember when they had Samantha Kalman on like 2y ago, Brad mentioned that they'd been wanting to do more revolving fourth chair stuff, so maybe this will be the time for that.

Also drew rules

Ended up on the Extra Life 2014? videos the other day where he's sharing stuff from his Vietnam trip. Agreed.

edit: Now I need to go back and watch the Iceland travelogue, haven't watched that in years

klonere

Banned
Shit I told myself I'd wait till a sale to get Mafia 3 but now this thread and everything I've seen of it makes me want to buy it as soon as I get home.

Damn this new PC. I still have literally just started Witcher 3! I can't just go and buy another game...
and I still have to do EVE Online stuff

imBask

Banned
Shit I told myself I'd wait till a sale to get Mafia 3 but now this thread and everything I've seen of it makes me want to buy it as soon as I get home.

Damn this new PC. I still have literally just started Witcher 3! I can't just go and buy another game...

Mafia 3 looks good but it won't be as good as Witcher 3
because nothing will
so stay on track

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Lincoln is a Grade A+ Strong Style Hoss, friend

Maiorum

You might want to hold off on Mafia 3 for a week or two. The PC version doesn't look too great.

Ashby

A few episodes behind on Shemue and I laughed and laughed when Dan said something to the effect of, "Just some plain JPRG would be terrible for an Endurance Run!" Say what you will about Dan but the man knows what makes good content work.

bjork

Ended up on the Extra Life 2014? videos the other day where he's sharing stuff from his Vietnam trip. Agreed.

edit: Now I need to go back and watch the Iceland travelogue, haven't watched that in years

I like that his tastes are so different from the guys. People complain that he doesn't lend much about newer stuff, but how many different ways can you talk about the aiming in a CoD or whatever? He comes in and was like "I went surfing and some dude's leg broke. Also I played this flight game and now I'm gonna be a for-real pilot" and no one can really give him shit about any of that because they all know it's bad ass.

Plus, having gone back and listened to old episodes, he's a good sport when they openly talk shit about games he has a fondness for, and I like that too.

I like that his tastes are so different from the guys. People complain that he doesn't lend much about newer stuff, but how many different ways can you talk about the aiming in a CoD or whatever? He comes in and was like "I went surfing and some dude's leg broke. Also I played this flight game and now I'm gonna be a for-real pilot" and no one can really give him shit about any of that because they all know it's bad ass.

Plus, having gone back and listened to old episodes, he's a good sport when they openly talk shit about games he has a fondness for, and I like that too.

Totally. Hope him and Alexis are able to team back up for Extra Life next month

https://vid.me/LNTN

BTA

Also drew rules

I think guests are likely, since they went that route during Dan's month away. Would be interesting to see if they go for a more interview-ish format for those.

Drew does rule

oti

Banned
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/jar-time-w-jeff-10062016/2300-11630/ 31:00 onwards sounds a bit like Jeff is talking to some of us.

Still wonder if the web developers can add show pages at the same rate GB cancels them

The Netflix design would be a great idea. Text always seemed like wasted time on GB as I never read them. But this whole "we don't have time for premium content because new releases" undertone I'm not buying at all. We're waiting on consistent premium content for months now, not just a couple of weeks.

And man, where's that stupid Mario Party Party at? Bumms me out.

But this whole "we don't have time for premium content because new releases" undertone I'm not buying at all. We're waiting on consistent premium content for months now, not just a couple of weeks.

Yeah that's bullshit. They don't even do a lot of coverage for new games, it's usually a QL and one or maybe two of the guys playing it. A review sometimes.

I'd like to think there are loads of valid reasons for the content output being so poor but if Jeff said that (haven't watched it yet) then I have my doubts about that too.

SomberOwl

It will probably be fine. Dan barely talked for like a stretch of an hour this last podcast.

Maiorum

I actually think witnessing the Dad Vinny persona emerge has been hilarious. Watching Vinny flinch every time Alex shot someone in the Mafia 3 video was endearing.

Zaph

Tangentially related, but Tested had a hands-on with that new Rift game Lone Echo. They're calling it the best experience they've had in VR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggZvKL3pArc Looks fantastic

Really interested in seeing the 'second generation' of VR games, but it's now so obvious the tech utterly relies on highly accurate touch controllers and room scale.

Top Bottom