• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

kiguel182

What's the chance of Clash Royale getting into a GOTY list? I mean, it's probably one of the games they have talked about more this year.

Also, I reinstalled the game yesterday and gave them one euro. It felt bad.

Xeteh

What's the chance of Clash Royale getting into a GOTY list? I mean, it's probably one of the games they have talked about more this year.

Also, I reinstalled the game yesterday and gave them one euro. It felt bad.

I'd say low. Brad, Dan and Jason were hot and heavy on it for different periods but they all quit because of how pay-to-win it becomes. Its an awesome game but I quit for the very same reasons. I can see it getting mentioned in some mobile category and immediately dismissed.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Watching Danny play Ocarina of Time, spending 45 minutes to run around in Kokiri Village until he finally found the sword made me realise how perfect he would be for GB. He is just as bad as them. What a loss

Strax

Am I at a point now where I'm legit annoyed not to see Mario Party Party, Demo Derby or Game Tapes everytime I go to the website.

LiK

Man... I love Rorie but the constant dumb questions are really bugging me

I wouldn't say dumb but he seems to be on a different wavelength when he's on the live shows. It's like he's not paying attention to what's going on and just asks random questions he gets from the chatroom. I've noticed this for a while. Love him but sometimes I wonder if he should be the chatroom dude.

Strax

My mail about the Addams family casting

Gomez Addams played by Jamie Foxx
Morticia Addams played by Halle Berry
Pugsley Addams played by Ty Simpkins (Iron Man 3, Jurassic World, Insidious)
Wednesday Addams played by Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things)
Fester Addams played by Walton Goggins (The Shield, Justified)
Grandmama played by Margo Martindale (Justified, The Americans, BoJack Horseman)
Lurch played by David Morse, Scott Grimes, William Fichtner, Neal McDonough, Jere Burns, Donal Logue, Christopher Meloni, Lance Reddick, Michael Rapaport, Dylan McDermott, Josh Holloway etc. with no actor being on more than one scene but would always have the same massive height.
Thing and Cousin Itt played by Andy Serkis because it makes sense.

Directed by Edgar Wright.

The story/plot would be borrow from the cartoon show from 1992 in terms of characters and story.

Gomez and Morticia decide to move back to Happydale Heights into the family mansion after having spent over 10 years traveling the world after getting a message from Grandmama saying that the town is trying to kick her, Uncle Fester and Lurch out because of the condition of the mansion. After returning they find out this is the work of Norman Normanmeyer, a former classmate of Gomez and Morticia, who is their next door neighbor and the president of the homeowners association and has always hated the mansion and the family. In the end they win the town over with a song ala The Spring in Springfield from Bart After Dark.

Xater

Now that I have seen some extended play of RIGS the general good scores make less sense to me. It just looks so unremarkable.

LiK

Vinny, conventions are like the worst places to try and look for collectibles these days. Overpriced and usually a drag to carry around.

LiK

i still haven't played furi

i bet that's fucking sick as hell

It's a tough game. I got to the 3rd boss and wasn't in the mood to keep playing. Just haven't been in the mood for a hardcore character action game. Same with Hyper Light Drifter. Beat 3 bosses and kinda got burnt out from collecting crap to open the next door.

LiK

i fucking love character action.

even though i still haven't played a classic DmC or Ninja Gaiden lol.

DmC is surprsingly good. One of the few games that literally makes you use eveery damn button on your controller. No Ninja Gaiden? The hell dude.

Jintor

I mean I only fell into character action because my boss found a bunch of steelbook bayonetta collector's editions in a cupboard while we were cleaning out a room and gave me one

I love Furi so much. Luckily I spent a lot of the last year and a half getting into bullet hell shooters because Furi gets INTENSE with that stuff. Now at the point of beating every boss without game over on normal. Gonna go for the speedrun trophies soon.

repeater

I mean I only fell into character action because my boss found a bunch of steelbook bayonetta collector's editions in a cupboard while we were cleaning out a room and gave me one
Any copies of Sneak King?

I'm in the same boat as some of you: thinking Furi looks rad, got it from PS+, have not played it once.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Furi is actually really good? I remember the reactions to it being pretty mediocre. Did they patch it or something?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't there a character action game that got a big patch and improved a lot this year? Maybe I'm thinking of another game, but I thought it was Furi.

Wasn't there a character action game that got a big patch and improved a lot this year? Maybe I'm thinking of another game, but I thought it was Furi.

Furi had PS4 launch issues like bad screen tearing, overheating the PS4, and minor glitches which were improved (some light screen tearing still exists) with patching, but the gameplay hasn't really changed.

Top Bottom