• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Jason roasting Dan is pretty good. Not enough of that these days. But as to the types of games he plays and talks about, he never has anything interesting to say about them. Any time he talks about a game it boils down to "This game is good because it's fun" or the opposite, but stretched out for a lot longer.

I like Drew on the podcast though. Even though he sometimes struggles to articulate his thoughts on a game, I think he has good input and his stories are pretty much always amazing.

Hmm yeah sometimes, still like him on the podcast tho. He does know his fighting games and provides good updates on that scene every once in a while.

and now it's getting into "reeee leave my best friends alone" territory

He's not wrong that the same complaints seem to surface on a regular cycle, many of them from the same people going back years.

I mean, complain away, you've got the right if you've paid in your monies, but at a certain point you know what Giant Bomb is. It does seem like a great many people would be much happier with paying sporadically and taking in the meager amounts of premium content they've generated over the interval then plopping down for a year's worth and being disappointed when the same thing happens again.

kingocfs

More like "generate some content regularly between 7 members of staff and two offices" territory.

Unrealistic expectations, I know.

Remember when Austin left and said off hand how these guys are doing the work of 50 people or something like that? And how they had a ton of ideas that were extremely difficult to pull off because of this, let alone regularly?

Or that time Vinny had to come into this thread and explain how things are run because the fists were banging on the table so loud?

If you don't think you get $4 a month worth of pleasure out of this website, don't pay them, man. The whining that snowballs in this thread is rough.

mintyice

Let's be real frank, they're all paid well and it's not a hard job to do.

Wowwww

Another helpful reminder is that you'd have to be a real dummy to think you've figured out someone's work ethic and responsibilities because you listen to them on the Internet for a few hours a month. But I'll assume this was just an ironic shitpost and you're not actually that deluded.

I mean, complain away, you've got the right if you've paid in your monies, but at a certain point you know what Giant Bomb is. It does seem like a great many people would be much happier with paying sporadically and taking in the meager amounts of premium content they've generated over the interval then plopping down for a year's worth and being disappointed when the same thing happens again.

That's what I'm planning on doing when my subscription runs out next month, I don't care about UPF so there's really no point in shelling out the big bucks.

BF1 is looking damn good.

I'm everyone is looking forward to Dan moving out East at this point. Beastcrew being a man down has probably been rough.

I hope, for Vinny's sake, they also eventually hire a second video guy for Giant Beast. And then maybe another editorial guy. That way, each coast would have 2 video guys and 3 editorial guys (assuming GB West hires one next year).

Lunar FC

Sucks that they didn't get granted press badges for Austin. Was hoping for some interviews and shit. Now idk what we will get out of it.

Wait

Isnt drew going to his f1 thing today? Danny mentioned something about austin and f1

No mario party :(?

I think they recorded it yesterday, based on this tweet?

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/788539159145160704

Remember when Austin left and said off hand how these guys are doing the work of 50 people or something like that? And how they had a ton of ideas that were extremely difficult to pull off because of this, let alone regularly?

Or that time Vinny had to come into this thread and explain how things are run because the fists were banging on the table so loud?

If you don't think you get $4 a month worth of pleasure out of this website, don't pay them, man. The whining that snowballs in this thread is rough.

Agreed. This thread gets really hard to read frequently. You guys really think that they just don't feel like streaming themselves playing a game or something? I imagine they would love to ditch other responsibilities and do that more often.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The whole game is a ridiculous. It's just a WWI skin for a modern shooter. I was hoping the single-player would be a little different.

Meguro

Banned
I think criticizing their output (or lack thereof) and making some slight fun of it is totally acceptable.
Where it crosses the line for me is when people call them lazy and their jobs easy.
None of us have their jobs and assuming it's easy is just not a flattering look.

I still don't know why people think they just sit at home or in the office twiddling their thumbs and watching the money roll in.

Strax

He's not wrong that the same complaints seem to surface on a regular cycle, many of them from the same people going back years.

Here is the thing tho.

Since the first of June there have been 0 Mario Party Parties, 1 Game Tapes and 3 Demo Derbies. There have been more Powerbombcasts then MPPs and GTs combined in that time period. Those are the video they pushed on YouTube about a month ago to sell more subs. A big part of why I resubbed is them talking about doing all the MPP before Dan leaves. Now we are at point the biggest games of the year come out and then Game of the Year content so the running theory is they'll do it during Extra Life. which is free. Of course we don't know that will be the case but they've been selling people on content they barely made lately but hinting strongly they'll do more of it.

Zaph

I still don't know why people think they just sit at home or in the office twiddling their thumbs and watching the money roll in.

Not sure how you went from legitimate complaints about streams not being posted on the site and the massive lack of premium content, to assuming people think GB has contempt for their own audience.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty funny how Twitch pulls its game data from the GB database, but they never even set it up correctly on their own streams.

Top Bottom