• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

N6uNHo1.jpg

Here is the thing tho.

Since the first of June there have been 0 Mario Party Parties, 1 Game Tapes and 3 Demo Derbies. There have been more Powerbombcasts then MPPs and GTs combined in that time period. Those are the video they pushed on YouTube about a month ago to sell more subs. A big part of why I resubbed is them talking about doing all the MPP before Dan leaves. Now we are at point the biggest games of the year come out and then Game of the Year content so the running theory is they'll do it during Extra Life. which is free. Of course we don't know that will be the case but they've been selling people on content they barely made lately but hinting strongly they'll do more of it.

I'm sorry if you committed to a year sub purely on the back of one particular piece of content. I'm sure people in the thread would have advised you not to, as people understand that there are no guarantees when it comes to premium content. I'm not defending it or saying you don't have the right to complain, I'm saying that content droughts have been something that happens on and off for years, and its unlikely things are going to radically change.

bjork

My cereal information didn't make the bombcast. I can only assume my mail was submitted too late, and the earth will shake on next week's episode.

oti

Banned
Man, BF1 looks gorgeous.

I don't want to see a live streamed mass suicide.

#content

Here is the thing tho.

Since the first of June there have been 0 Mario Party Parties, 1 Game Tapes and 3 Demo Derbies. There have been more Powerbombcasts then MPPs and GTs combined in that time period. Those are the video they pushed on YouTube about a month ago to sell more subs. A big part of why I resubbed is them talking about doing all the MPP before Dan leaves. Now we are at point the biggest games of the year come out and then Game of the Year content so the running theory is they'll do it during Extra Life. which is free. Of course we don't know that will be the case but they've been selling people on content they barely made lately but hinting strongly they'll do more of it.

Exactly. I remember when I said something about them pushing YouTube more than premium and I got laughed at. Premium in the end always means added value and they value they have added in the last few months just isn't where it needs to be. There's no denying that. If they want to turn premium subs into tip jars that's fine, it just isn't really premium then.

I just hope there was a reason for the drought and that they will release premium content regularly again at some point. That ain't unreasonable in my eyes.

Daheza

I will take vinny solo streams over no streams.

It was actually quite funny. Hopefully we get more casual streams like this in the future.

Strax

I'm sorry if you committed to a year sub purely on the back of one particular piece of content. I'm sure people in the thread would have advised you not to, as people understand that there are no guarantees when it comes to premium content. I'm not defending it or saying you don't have the right to complain, I'm saying that content droughts have been something that happens on and off for years, and its unlikely things are going to radically change.

I didn't say it was purely because of one thing but if they had not put MPP, DD and GT on YouTube with a text basically reading "If you want more of this stuff, you should sub" maybe I would not have subbed based on the output before the Membership Sale. To me that was a "Sorry that our premium stuff has been lacking but we are working on it". Maybe it they meant that they have a back catalog of content and I misunderstood because of english not being my first language.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Exactly. I remember when I said something about them pushing YouTube more than premium and I got laughed at. Premium in the end always means added value and they value they have added in the last few months just isn't where it needs to be. There's no denying that. If they want to turn premium subs into tip jars that's fine, it just isn't really premium then.

I just hope there was a reason for the drought and that they will release premium content regularly again at some point. That ain't unreasonable in my eyes.

In all honesty, they need some sort of schedule. Not even something like "Demo Derby on the second Monday each month!" (though something like that sure wouldn't hurt) but at least something like "Every week on Monday there will be a Premium Video, whatever that'll be".

I personally don't mind it cause I don't have that much time anyway and I gladly pay 35€ for a year but I understand why people are frustrated. I also wish they would shoot more Quick Looks for some more obscure games. I think diving in the sea of obscure Steam games that get released every day could be fun (or maybe it'll be horrible, who knows)

daveo42

Banned
I expect FFXV to get a QL and a mention at GOTY just because it's a big game, but nothing of note beyond that. Maybe some coverage from the Community Spotlight, but not seeing that game in the cards for them. I do, however, expect to see a P5 ER with Vinny, Dan and Alex next year. That'll be great just for Dan's reactions to all thing anime.

I don't know why this reminds me of Giant Bomb: http://i.imgur.com/APG556I.gif

It even comes with a special surprise.

GuyKazama

They don't need a video guy or editor. They need a Project Manager to help them plan and maintain a schedule, as well as take budgeting and upper management meetings off their plate.

I still think they are going to be sucked into the blackhole that was GameSpot before any hires are made.

Oh wow, they announced, started, and ended a stream before I caught wind of it. I wouldn't have thought checking twitter every hour wasn't enough to keep up!

As much as I like impromptu stuff, I do wish the Upcoming schedule was more reliable.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, neither Vinny's nor the official GB twitter account even said anything. Maybe they actually do need a manager lol

Lunar FC

Oh wow, they announced, started, and ended a stream before I caught wind of it. I wouldn't have thought checking twitter every hour wasn't enough to keep up!

As much as I like impromptu stuff, I do wish the Upcoming schedule was more reliable.

It was a solo test stream, you didnt miss much.

It was a solo test stream, you didnt miss much.

I mean... it's literally the only non-bombcast video content so far this week, and honestly I thought it was fun as well.

And while I can give this a pass for being spontaneous, they've been planning whatever this thing today is for multiple days and it's not on the schedule.

I'm not saying I have much of a life but I've at least got enough shit to do that scheduling things in advance would be a nice consideration for the audience. I don't feel like blocking off my entire day in preparation for a stream that they could easily give a start time for.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Break out the itshappening.gif

Mario Party on the schedule AND we had a Vinny stream in the same day! What a time to be alive.

Top Bottom