• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

wCkymoV.png

Santar

Been a bit of a slow week, it's wednesday and the only content we've gotten since sunday is the bombcast and that mailbag from Vinny.
I know this comes up a lot of times but it still baffles me a bit that a website with seven employees can't seem to even get out a single bit of content a day, or even stick to a schedule for their premium shows.
Hopefully we get another endurance run, it was so nice to have something new to look forward to every day.

LiK

I still go to the dentist every 6 months. Haven't been to a doctor in years tho. I'll probably go to a new one next year. Hated my old family doctor. Gonna switch to the one my folks go see now. Heard he's very good.

I don't think his latest home streams ever did. You kinda have to follow him on Twitter to see it live.

That's stupid. They stay at home for the office to make content that doesn't even get uploaded to the website the content is supposedly for.

Not to mention why is the whole office taking Mondays off if only one person is streaming?

I know we're on the outside but I really do think it's plain bad time and project management that's crippling the content production.

Zaph

That's stupid. They stay at home for the office to make content that doesn't even get uploaded to the website the content is supposedly for.

Not to mention why is the whole office taking Mondays off if only one person is streaming?

I know we're on the outside but I really do think it's plain bad time and project management that's crippling the content production.

Home streams used to get archived, and still occasionally do, but Jeff's recent few, Brad's Recore stream and Rorie's WoW vids are all off-channel youtube

Mr. F

Banned
I feel this way most times Jason talks about any game on the bombcast tbh. I like the guy but he's just... not a good podcaster, and a terrible critic/commentator.

I tend to agree, not great at articulating or discussing things with any real depth, and if someone takes issue or brings up a criticism of something he admits to enjoying he just deflects with 'yeah well, I find it fun' or something instead of actually talking about it.

Exactly. And even if you don't like his contributions to game discussions, how can you not love the dynamic of his and Dan's relationship?

Pretty easily, the fake anger/bickering is cringey.

Home streams used to get archived, and still occasionally do, but Jeff's recent few, Brad's Recore stream and Rorie's WoW vids are all off-channel youtube

Which is fairly pointless when the whole point is creating content for the site, no?

If I didn't follow this thread how would I ever know this stuff exists.

Zaph

Which is fairly pointless when the whole point is creating content for the site, no?

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. At the very least post a story on the site for each one with the youtube embedded.

LiK

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. At the very least post a story on the site for each one with the youtube embedded.

Agree, I follow the news here cuz fuck knows where I can find some archived content without the diehards here.

oti

Banned
I'm starting to wonder whether they just don't want to do a lot of Premium content anymore. GB was founded on the idea that the duders could just do whatever they want without much obligation or pressure. I truly believe a schedule would help us A LOT but maybe it would be hell for them. I don't know. They seem to move away from premium content and yet as Jeff said they get new subs every day. I guess those subs came from big live streams and Mario Parties and maybe they'll move to a more Twitch style of Premium. As in subscribers get the chat and call-ins or something and the rest can just watch it for free. I don't know. It just doesn't make much sense to me and I find it frustrating and can't really defend it anymore.

I'm starting to wonder whether they just don't want to do a lot of Premium content anymore. GB was founded on the idea that the duders could just do whatever they want without much obligation or pressure. I truly believe a schedule would help us A LOT but maybe it would be hell for them. I don't know. They seem to move away from premium content and yet as Jeff said they get new subs every day. I guess those subs came from big live streams and Mario Parties and maybe they'll move to a more Twitch style of Premium. As in subscribers get the chat and call-ins or something and the rest can just watch it for free. I don't know. It just doesn't make much sense to me and I find it frustrating and can't really defend it anymore.

If Premium content is going to continue to dry up then it will be hard to justify the cost.

By backing Danny at £10/month I'm paying 3x more than I am for my GB Sub, but he shows a passion for creating content, and so far when he's not been doing documentary prep he's been streaming games on YouTube.

I love the Duders, but they need to show more commitment to creating content. There is no excuse.

Let's be real frank, they're all paid well and it's not a hard job to do.

Mr. F

Banned

I mean...it's a job.

I think the disconnect is frequently being told there's big stuff on the horizon or crazy ideas they have for content, with the implication or assumption being that they're simply hamstrung by time or resources. But having no indication of that ever progressing beyond 'yeah we're working on it, things are slow.'

I generally trust Jeff, considering how candid he is on tumblr and mixlr and other outlets, but it's gradually getting harder to justify as time goes on.

oti

Banned
I see this thread is getting into "GENERATE CONTENT NOW" territory again.

This thread is getting into "show some damn commitment for premium content again" territory and if that's unreasonable to you I don't know what to tell'cha. [vocal fry]

Top Bottom