• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

As always I'm rooting for Jeff. This is the one I feel it.

I'm sure there is something built into the code of every Mario Party game that makes sure Jeff loses every time:

int main
{
int Player;
int x=win;

if Player==Jeff
{
x=lose;
void screwOver();
Cout<<"Wahahahahaha";
return mini-game;
}
else
{
void GameOfSkill();
return Toad;
}
}

mintyice

Someone make a mpp bingo card...

'Dan tries to make a bet with another staffer who declines'
'Jeff loses a mini game and blames it on color blindness'

kiguel182

I'm sure there is something built into the code of every Mario Party game that makes sure Jeff loses every time:

int main
{

int x=win;

if Player==Jeff
{
x=lose;
Cout<<"Wahahahahaha";
return 0;
}
}

The programmer in my is dying with that int = win part. Code is a serious thing!

But Mario Party is rigged against Jeff I agree.

Teddified

Dan needs to loose so we can have a 3-3-3-0 going into the last MPP where Jeff wins and it's a tie in the end so Nobody Wins.

Make it a Work whatever that means.

We're still on track for the dream scenario, heading into MP 10 with Dan, Drew and Brad at 3 wins each, with Jeff taking the last game, truly no one wins.

edit: whoops

mpp.jpg

justjim89

I'm hoping for another Drew win.

Though if I'm being honest, the part where they spend 3 hours bitching about playing a game tens of thousands of people bought, played, and enjoyed willingly all while still on the clock is wearing a bit thin on me. Like, they don't need to pretend like they're having a great time if they're not, but the part where they act like it's so hard to do and takes so much out of them comes off as kinda melodramatic and whiny.

Lunar FC

Though if I'm being honest, the part where they spend 3 hours bitching about playing a game tens of thousands of people bought, played, and enjoyed willingly all while still on the clock is wearing a bit thin on me. Like, they don't need to pretend like they're having a great time if they're not, but the part where they act like it's so hard to do and takes so much out of them comes off as kinda melodramatic and whiny.

So you don't like basically the only draw of the show?

I can kind of get behind this sentiment, my favorite parts of six were the parts with the microphone because it seemed like they were kind of enjoying it a little bit. Also why I root for Drew, I feel like he's not hamming it up like Jeff and Brad tend to do, and he's not Dan.

Sadly, this is where I go dark on the thread. Won't watch this until tomorrow when I work from home (or call in sick to play Civ, not sure yet).

daveo42

Banned
It's time.

Well, they do take the game to the extreme by going for 50 turns instead of something a bit more manageable and maybe allows for a little less of the random bullshit that seems to appear in every Mario Party game. Part of it for me is how much Jeff and Dan play it up. I mean, Jeff straight up goes ham during these MPP. The rest is seeing the game itself, as I never plan on playing any of them.

Actual sour grapes seem to come specifically from Brad, which is to be expected in all things. Drew is just a deer in the headlights.

I really don't like that these announcements come at such a ridiculously short notice. Mario Party Party might be one of the most popular video content they have, and they notify us two hours before it happens? I can't keep staring at their websites or twitter accounts like this.

But I'm happy to be here for live Mario Party!

I've gotten to the point with their live player on mobile where I just wish they'd stream on YouTube regardless of if it's a Premium feature or not.

Most of the Mario Parties make it onto youtube anyway I dont even know why its behind a paywall anymore.

I guess they got to at least pretend to make premium content

Top Bottom