• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Volotaire

EVO 212 is indeed terrifying, like nearly every heatsink.

EDIT: Red labeled USB's are USB 3.1 bytheway.

EDIT2 : Oh, it seems not. They're 'super charge'.

Diancecht

This is a work of art.

artpmja6.png

styl3s

My SSDs are just sitting/dangling in my case.
I ended up taping mine to the inside of the case.

While everyone is talking about PC do good reasonably priced full tower cases with modular HDD/SDD's exist? I'm ordering my cpu/mb/cooling/ram, psu and case in the new few weeks and plan on putting multiple drives in over the course of a few months after and it would be nice to slide it in and be done.

While everyone is talking about PC do good reasonably priced full tower cases with modular HDD/SDD's exist? I'm ordering my cpu/mb/cooling/ram, psu and case in the new few weeks and plan on putting multiple drives in over the course of a few months after and it would be nice to slide it in and be done.

Yep, those cases are very common. Many don't have SSD slots though.

Volotaire

Do you mean drive bays that are slide in? Any good modern PC case will have them for 3.5 inch and a few for 2.5 inch. Some mATX cases also have additional places to exploit space. For example, the fractal design node 804 has a screw on SSD part at the bottom so you can have an extra drive at the bottom.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I remember going from my ancient Antec 300 case to a modern Phanteks and being blown away at how easy it was to have good cable management in a proper case like that.

My Antec was just a big jumble of wires and loose-hanging SSD's, but the new case came with dedicated locking mechanisms and smart cable management. It's so, so worth it.

I remember going from my ancient Antec 300 case to a modern Phanteks and being blown away at how easy it was to have good cable management in a proper case like that.

My Antec was just a big jumble of wires and loose-hanging SSD's, but the new case came with dedicated locking mechanisms and smart cable management. It's so, so worth it.

Yeah, the one I made back about 7 years ago had me mismanaging the grounding and having it shut down without warning; had to have it understood and fixed via professionals. That's been my only snafu of that calibur *knocks on wood*

Yeah, the one I made back about 7 years ago had me mismanaging the grounding and having it shut down without warning; had to have it understood and fixed via professionals. That's been my only snafu of that calibur *knocks on wood*
Since it worked fine after and no damage was done, you were probably 99% of the way there and the pros over-stated the seriousness of the problem. Probably just had a component loose or the standoffs weren't in right (causing the board to short against the case).

I didn't get an M2 SSD in my latest SSD purchase, but I just can't fathom needing better read or write speeds. Load times in games are almost nonexistent as it is.

Since it worked fine after and no damage was done, you were probably 99% of the way there and the pros over-stated the seriousness of the problem. Probably just had a component loose or the standoffs weren't in right (causing the board to short against the case).

Oh it was; just some wires touching things they shouldn't. They went to braiding with some actual talent and it ran just fine (and still does for my niece).

This looks like some sort of Satanic script on the NeoGaf dark theme.

Huh. Sadly, I didn't have time to fish thru my collection for a scan. I wonder why they did it that way.

Top Bottom