• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Thus far this PS4 Pro is exactly what every (sensible) person expected it to be. No real surprises. But hey Spider-Man and Horizon look dope.

kiguel182

Yeah I've barely touched my PS4. It was kind of a waste of money so far.

I use it a lot since it's my only gaming platform but I hate the software, the games are more expensive (and run badly sometimes) and I hate that I have no guarantees of forward compatibility. And their talk of "generations" doesn't help.

Also, every game is on PC these days and I only have a passing interest in the Sony exclusives.

I use it a lot since it's my only gaming platform but I hate the software, the games are more expensive (and run badly sometimes) and I hate that I have no guarantees of forward compatibility. And their talk of "generations" doesn't help.

Also, every game is on PC these days and I only have a passing interest in the Sony exclusives.

I'm mildly interested in Horizon and will probably get Ni No Kuni 2, but that's about it. Persona 5 is coming to PC, right?

"Call of Duty and Modern Warfare Remastered will support PS4 Pro on Day One!"

*pause for applause*

*crickets*

It's such a weird thing to point out and act as a selling point when almost every other messaging says every game should work. Especially going up to pro. Why even say this?

Vlaphor

I'm having trouble watching this on either Giantbomb or Twitch. On GB, the screen is shruken and Twitch keeps locking up.

Show more Spider-Man. Games also on PC aren't terribly appealing when I can do all this now.

Why? PC has had this stuff for years, and will have it going forward for forever with even better looking games. The library of games is vastly larger too.

"Everyone got their galejhorns equipped" just the way drew said that killed me

Maiorum

They haven't made a strong, concise case for this yet, like how MS did with Scorpio. They got too bogged down in technical details at the beginning. Better to leave that stuff for the mid show.

Why? PC has had this stuff for years, and will have it going forward for forever with even better looking games. The library of games is vastly larger too.

"Everyone got their galejhorns equipped" just the way drew said that killed me

That's what I'm saying. They're showing Tomb Raider and Deus Ex and games that will inevitably be better on PC. At least with exclusives, the advantage is an advantage.

I can't wait for people to start enjoying "4k" stuff on Netflix without realizing they actually have to pay more to get a 4K stream.

Oh really? Yikes. I don't think it's worth it right now. I'd need to pay more for Netflix and more for internet to get consistent 4K streams and then buy a new TV and PS4 all for a change that isn't exactly huge.

Top Bottom