• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

l5LNJWHh.png

Drews the only one doing it right...

I love how Jeff can now just be candid about the whole GameSpot incident."When I was fired..." In the past couple of years he's also told some really interesting stories around it.

Ashby

Their podcast summary was very accurate...

Hah!

It's not as bad as they say, no. Traffic is not great, but you don't have to live so far from downtown as they do in SF. Cost of living (I live very close to downtown) is noooowhere close to SF. Austin is fucking great.

Yeah I love it here. I've made a few trips to California for business and it seems like a nightmare.

Mostly. Except they didn't mention the competency level of the drivers here, which might lead to somebody driving off the roof of a parking garage and getting hung in the wires.

My girlfriend wants to move to Austin but she's okay with Minneapolis which is my first pick. Austin sounds dope but I sweat too much to live in Texas.

My girlfriend wants to move to Austin but she's okay with Minneapolis which is my first pick. Austin sounds dope but I sweat too much to live in Texas.

The heat is legitimately my least favorite part of Austin. When it's midnight and I'm wide awake because it's still 95 degrees I want to drive North until I hit snow.

Ashby

The heat is legitimately my least favorite part of Austin. When it's midnight and I'm wide awake because it's still 95 degrees I want to drive North until I hit snow.

Jesus, yeah thanks for the honesty because I wasn't 100% confident that it wasn't for me but that sounds so miserable. What do you do by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

Jesus, yeah thanks for the honesty because I wasn't 100% confident that it wasn't for me but that sounds so miserable. What do you do by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm being a bit dramatic, I bought a portable AC unit (like the one Jeff described on the Bombcast once) that is super efficient and has made the heat at night a non-issue. Still though, it's fucking hot here in the summer.

I work in IT, basically. More complicated than that, but IT in a general sense.

Top Bottom