• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hitman 50% off on Steam until November 23rd :)

I guess I'm the only one who feels kind of ripped off supporting the game while they put out the episodes then seeing this.

I'd understand if it was like 6 months after all the episodes came out but Hokaido just came out

FStop7

Banned
Going "full murder" in Watch Dogs 2 is very unrewarding. Spamming the gang hit ability really breaks the game. They should have put in a cooldown that can't be bypassed.

Also

50e.png

BearPawB

Banned
I guess I'm the only one who feels kind of ripped off supporting the game while they put out the episodes then seeing this.

I'd understand if it was like 6 months after all the episodes came out but Hokaido just came out

?? the game came out in like march.

There has been so much to do in each one of those missions, i actually feel worse for the people who are JUST buying it now. It is almost an overwhelming amount of content.
I bet most current buyers wont bother to see fully what each level has to offer

TraBuch

Banned

I mean, the same thing happens with TellTale games, don't they?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
?? the game came out in like march.

There has been so much to do in each one of those missions, i actually feel worse for the people who are JUST buying it now. It is almost an overwhelming amount of content.
I bet most current buyers wont bother to see fully what each level has to offer

The game did not come out in March. Paris came out in March.
I mean, the same thing happens with TellTale games, don't they?

Not this quickly.

Also Telltale games aren't usually full price like Hitman was

Zaph

Fair point, it just demonstrates how paying for content in advance (be it season pass, pre-order, early access, etc) is always anti-consumer.

Meneses

It's definitely bullshit.

Or should I say, another pile of bullshit dumped on the episodic adopters.

this is going to be the series where I get absolutely sick of Vinny doing voices, isn't it

didn't telltale teach you anything about buying seasons of games at launch

KingKong

I don't see what's so terrible about the game going on sale for black friday. It happens all the time, and people really should have expected it now that the full season is out

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I put 70 hours into Hitman. I don't feel ripped off at all.

Going "full murder" in Watch Dogs 2 is very unrewarding. Spamming the gang hit ability really breaks the game. They should have put in a cooldown that can't be bypassed.

Also

Please refrain from posting this hideous creature here. Poplio is fine tho

TraBuch

Banned
Think we'll get a Gilmore Girls podcast when the reboot comes out? I'm gonna say yes. I know how much the duders secretly love the show.

jaina

Lorelai - Jeff
Paris - Brad
Luke - Drew
Lane - Alex
Sookie - Vinny
Kirk - Dan
Jackson - Jason
Babette - Rorie
Rory -
Austin

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
this is going to be the series where I get absolutely sick of Vinny doing voices, isn't it

didn't telltale teach you anything about buying seasons of games at launch

Telltale is (or at least used to be) the worst with this. They've had games you could get for 50% off before episode 3 of 5 is even out. At least people who bought this early got to do the elusive targets.

FStop7

Banned
I just heard the phrase "it was a work AND a shoot" in my workplace.
I dont know how to feel

Do you have the power to fire the person who said that? If yes, then do so.

If no, then make it your 2017 goal to rise to a position within your workplace in which you can fire them.

Win/win.

I put 70 hours into Hitman. I don't feel ripped off at all.

The way I look at it is "do I feel like I got an extra $30 in value by having purchased Hitman at the start of the year rather than waiting until now?" And the answer to that is 100% yes.

Brashnir

You had the option to wait for the inevitable price drop. too.

ev0

immediately quit your job

Do you have the power to fire the person who said that? If yes, then do so.

If no, then make it your 2017 goal to rise to a position within your workplace in which you can fire them.

Win/win.

Lol, thanks for the laugh guys.
I'm trying to figure out who it was, dont think it was my department.
I must now try to rise through the ranks using politiking and/or nepotism

It reminded me of the time someone posted the smug laughing Seth Rollins gif in our slack chat and others asked who that was...and I dared not answer

Early buyers have had loads of extra content like elusive targets etc though.

And the luxury of getting the episodes as they come out and playing before those paying in the sale.

Don't see the issue here to be honest.

I remember the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass went on sale before any content had been released for it. That learned me to never buy one of those at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom