• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Is getting into Hitman this late worth the price point? I've missed a ton of elusive targets.

HITMAN (TM) is awesome. I've just started it a bit (done with Paris except the Mastery and Escalation stuff), and its amazing. The fact that I know I can play it in short bursts is what I like about it. Run in, do a couple murders, bounce out and continue on with life.

Sakwoff

Is getting into Hitman this late worth the price point? I've missed a ton of elusive targets.

There is a shit ton of stuff in this game. The elusive targets are a cool thing when you catch them, but absolutely not essential. The meat of the game is everything else.

oti

Banned
the content is here

wUzE4qX.png

omg

Pokémon on a console.
Rabbids X Mario.
GB content.

I should play Euro Jackpot this week.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You get in early, you pay more. That's how it works in games, tech, and just about everything, pretty much across the board. I'm not trying to be rude but I don't know why this would surprise you?

I don't get how you can't tell the difference betwen a sale 3-6 months down the road and a sale as soon as the season finishes?

I don't get how you can't tell the difference betwen a sale 3-6 months down the road and a sale as soon as the season finishes?

I don't get how you can't get that some of the content has been out for over 6 months. This isn't a difficult concept and you're literally the only one complaining about this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't get how you can't get that some of the content has been out for over 6 months. This isn't a difficult concept and you're literally the only one complaining about this.

'literallly the only one'

Fair point, it just demonstrates how paying for content in advance (be it season pass, pre-order, early access, etc) is always anti-consumer.

It's definitely bullshit.

Or should I say, another pile of bullshit dumped on the episodic adopters.

[–]SirFritz 1 point 4 hours ago
Not even a week since I bought the upgrade pack from GMG...
permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply
[–]daboss54320 1 point 2 hours ago
I just fucking bought the upgrade two days ago.
permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply

I can't argue with someone who only seems to see what they want to see. You're literally ignorant.

Outside of Busey, the elusive targets aren't 30 dollars worth of fun

In conjunction with the ability to be part of "the zeitgeist" 6 times over, I'd say it's pretty worth it to be honest.

Also the Summer Bonus Pack was only for the people who bought the full experience and that was pretty great.

Value is subjective obv but I don't think the devs/publishers are being dicks here given the way they've supported the game since March.

Strax

Hitman is Zeitgeist the Game this year, like Rocket League last year.
It was Overwatch but Hitman release sch. gives it the win.

hamchan

Hitman reducing the price at the very end of the season seems fair enough. Especially compared to Telltale who would put 50% off halfway through the season.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I paid $60 for Hitman up front and have 0 regrets, being part of it live was well we'll worth it

If I just upgraded a few weeks ago? I might be pissed

Man, I tweeted Alex the Rotten Tomatoes score of Live Free or Die Hard (an 82% by the way) because he said on the Beastcast that it was a bad movie. Now my Twitter account is a close to blowing up as it ever has. HAHAHA. Although, he was definitely spot on with A Good Day to Die Hard (14%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom