• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
I hated The Fountain so much.

He's not the biggest hack though, that title belongs to Iñárritu. They're in the same ballpark though.

HkVm5nw.png

bomma_man

I was a burgeoning film snob at 15, so I liked anything that was like, arty. Now I'm a full-blown film snob and I dislike things that TRY very hard to be arty but are actually just super obvious.

The Wrestler is his only movie that doesn't fall into that catagory imo, although I still enjoyed Black Swan.

Parham

Banned
Watching MPP8 right now. Couldn't Dan just buy the Legacy Collection to get the gold Mega Man amiibo? I see it in stock on Amazon and GameStop right now.

FStop7

Banned
I'm so glad Vinny played through the early Castlevanias and Alex the Mega Mans. Because they are both so BS and unfair at times there is no way I'll ever go back and replay them myself. I'm enjoying seeing them in their entirety and I appreciate the crew putting up with them for our entertainment.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm trying to setup Overcast on my iphone and for some reason the RSS feed url won't work? It says it can't find any podcast at that URL.

Trying the premium ones.

Edit: Switched to iCatcher and it's working now

My GB backalog is now like 30 hours long. I have to to cut a lot of this stuff to keep up in any meaningful way =(

Any of it Extra Life? Vinny's stream was pretty good, there were some decent bits in Drew and Alexis' (too much VR), but other than that you can skip the rest this year. Quite a snoozefest.

Strax

Aronofsky's the biggest hack in Hollywood. Requiem is overrated. Black Swan is overrated. The Fountain sucks. The Fighter is overrated. Noah is fucking garbage. Mother will probably suck. Never seen Pi but it probably sucks.

The Wrestler's pretty good, though.

The Fighter is good but he did not direct that.

Peru

Requiem is great. Liked Pi as a teen but maybe mostly for featuring Autechre on the soundtrack. Probably comes off a bit student-filmy now. Black Swan is probably overrated but still a good idea and a good look. Noah was bad. The Wrestler is solid.

He's no God but he hasn't pissed me off like INarritu either.

TheChits

Aronofsky's the biggest hack in Hollywood. Requiem is overrated. Black Swan is overrated. The Fountain sucks. The Fighter is overrated. Noah is fucking garbage. Mother will probably suck. Never seen Pi but it probably sucks.

The Wrestler's pretty good, though.

The Fountain is one of my favorite films, largely due to the incredible score. And The Wrestler is fantastic.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yeah, I remember that one taking longer than most of the other levels.

I got it finally. I am pretty sure I know that level better than the others. Bangkok, Colorado, and Hokkaido are left.

Also, getting level 20 helps so much with the elusive targets. I killed the recent chef one in less than a minute, unspotted. Piece of cake.

Strax

The Wrestler is the most middle of the road film festival movie I've seen. So much of it's acclaim clearly comes from Aronofsky's name and the parallels between Micky Rourke and the character he plays in the movie.

Yeah, my mistake. Think he was originally attached but dropped out?

Indeed.

By then Aronofsky had dropped out to work on MGM's RoboCop remake,[28] followed by Black Swan.[29] Wahlberg and Bale chose David O. Russell as Aronofsky's replacement. Wahlberg had also starred in Russell's Three Kings and I Heart Huckabees.[12] Aronofsky was given an executive producer credit for his contributions on The Fighter, and was enthusiastic to have Russell as the director

from wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom