• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The Wrestler is the most middle of the road film festival movie I've seen. So much of it's acclaim clearly comes from Aronofsky's name and the parallels between Micky Rourke and the character he plays in the movie.
Sounds like cheating to cast the perfect actor for your main part. How dare they

mechanical-rodeo-bull-2.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
Accounting makes the worst first impression i've ever seen.

What an atrocious brand of 'comedy'. Jesus H. Christ. It made me want to close the tab it was so bad.

daveo42

Banned
I need to play this VR Google Earth. I wonder if seeing the Earth in VR at distance is a similar enough experience to actually seeing it from orbit. If so, everyone should have a chance to see this to realize our insignificance in the universe.

Of course Dan would support New Balance.

I own two pair and wasn't aware of the controversy until Colbert talked about it last week. Now I'm considering burning both in protest.
They don't quite fit anymore, nor do I wear them often either.

BearPawB

Banned
Bob: "Fuck you mom!"
Bob's Mom: "Oh Bob you are so funny, you should make a game"
Bob: "thanks mom, maybe I will....you fuck! Hahahahaah"

My short story about the origins of Accounting

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well you aren't supposed to stay in that room for so long, that's why it became worse than intended.
It's sitting at a 97% rating on Steam right now, it's not that bad

repeater

I got a coupon for 43% off Titanfall 2 on European PSN. If anyone in this thread wants the code, PM me. Game is great, I'm playing on PC.

EDIT: Gone.

When they played Accounting on the Extra Life stream, I had it on in the background and they constant stream of yelling the F word over and over again was so annoying I just paused it for a bit then skipped to the next segment. I tried to get into Rick and Morty several times too, but that brand of humor isn't funny at all to me, just insanely juvenile and annoying.

FStop7

Banned
I watched around 2 minutes of Accounting during EL and got a pretty big laugh out of how manic that white blob character was. Anything more than that? Nope.

Strax

Sounds like cheating to cast the perfect actor for your main part. How dare they

My point is just because you had a drinking problem doesn't make it a auto good casting if you're cast someone who had a drinking problem. Micky Rourke was good in that movie, nothing more, but after have been on forums talking about sports and movies for over 10 years now it's clear many people, mostly from USA, put so much value in the story of the behind the scenes stuff like Lebron winning in Cleveland after having been hated there. I feel this was the case with Micky Rourke in The Wrestler.

daveo42

Banned
Seems like the room setup is off, at least based on Jeff's height in Accounting and VR Pinball.

Sad to see them kind of quickly bounce from Accounting as well. I've seen a long play of it (only about 15mins) and I found it quite hilarious start to finish.

Lunar FC

I own two pair and wasn't aware of the controversy until Colbert talked about it last week. Now I'm considering burning both in protest.
They don't quite fit anymore, nor do I wear them often either.

That'll show em!

I thought Accounting was alright in that awful sort of way.

BearPawB

Banned
To be fair I also don't get why anyone enjoys Rick and Morty. I didn't realize Accounting had relations to that guy. So that may explain my dislike.

I know people love it. I am sure it is me and not the show.

And in all honesty I can't think of a single cartoon comedy tv show that I enjoy outside of south park

93844b0344b8c33a4fb7737d9db7680d.jpg

TraBuch

Banned
To be fair I also don't get why anyone enjoys Rick and Morty. I didn't realize Accounting had relations to that guy. So that may explain my dislike.

I know people love it. I am sure it is me and not the show.

And in all honesty I can't think of a single cartoon comedy tv show that I enjoy outside of south park

93844b0344b8c33a4fb7737d9db7680d.jpg
Home Movies
Archer
Frisky Dingo
Harvey Birdman
Futurama
Clone High
Mission Hill
The Life and Times of Tim
Bojack Horseman
Courage The Cowardly Dog
Gravity Falls
The Boondocks

Tagyhag

Bah, of course Accounting gets messed up. Oh well, I assume Jeff wouldn't have liked it, expect for The Littlest Public Defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom