• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

Wolfenstein was alright but boring. Doom was alright at the start but soon became boring. Overwatch is bad. Haven't played Titanfall 2 yet.
it's probably gonna be cool for a while but boring

Johndoey

Banned
Yeah Overwatch is incredibly dull both to watch and play and all the character designs are middling except for Soldier 76 and Symmetra, really disappointing.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I also hate all the popular games. They are trash

I don't trust you with my Euros.

Oh my god, now that the dark theme is dead I could barely read what you quoted. Anyway, if you pledge at the 60 Eurodollar tier, you'll receive exclusive Beta Patches and Artwork! Think about it.
The game is about a woman who falls in love with 47 but sadly is unable to identify him cause he constantly changes disguises. So you have to go on dates with different people and find out if they are actually 47. There is a big plot twist that I won't spoil here though
all your dates were 47! OMG amIright?

Fantastapotamus

Watching those wolves just spawn in instantly made me not buy the DS DLC (that and I don't have time to replay 60% of the base game)

two replies and not a single one attempts to refute what I said

��

I could write paragraphs on how it's the most aesthetically cohesive game, with themes that tie perfectly into gameplay mechanics, but it would not be appreciated. Also it plays very differently from Souls due to the greater speed, regain mechanic and lack of turtling options.

Anyway everyone is wrong because Bloodborne, Wolfenstein and Overwatch are all great.

Watching those wolves just spawn in instantly turned made me not buy the DS DLC (that and I don't have time to replay 60% of the base game)

The DLC isn't that good but it takes like 2 hours, tops, to get to the DLC, assuming you know what you're doing. Assuming you're in NG+ of course because you can't really go in with a fresh character. Their guesstimate of it being at least halfway through the game is wildly off the mark, it's like 20%, maybe 25%, of the way through. You only have to beat two bosses to get to it.

Fantastapotamus

I'm just really tired of the From Software "Grim Fantasy world" aesthetic. The designs are still great but man if the next game from them also plays in a mostly-destroyed medieval fantasy world I'm out.

Meneses

I like popular games just fine, I mean, my favorites this year so far have been Hitman, Dark Souls III, Uncharted 4, Stardew Valley, The Witness... and only then comes something not that popular, Furi.

Still waiting for FF XV and Last Guardian to maybe get in that top list, but at this rate i'll only be able to play them when I go back home for Xmas :(

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I am loving Overwatch and I hate just about every FPS ever made. Not sure if I'd play it enough to bother buying it but I have had a blast with the free weekend.

oti

Banned

Oh my god, now that the dark theme is dead I could barely read what you quoted. Anyway, if you pledge at the 60 Eurodollar tier, you'll receive exclusive Beta Patches and Artwork! Think about it.
The game is about a woman who falls in love with 47 but sadly is unable to identify him cause he constantly changes disguises. So you have to go on dates with different people and find out if they are actually 47. There is a big plot twist that I won't spoil here though
all your dates were 47! OMG amIright?

You have convinced me. Take my Euroyens.
Dark theme works fine for me.

Joeku

I could write paragraphs on how it's the most aesthetically cohesive game, with themes that tie perfectly into gameplay mechanics, but it would not be appreciated. Also it plays very differently from Souls due to the greater speed, regain mechanic and lack of turtling options.

Anyway everyone is wrong because Bloodborne, Wolfenstein and Overwatch are all great.

What he said.

oti

Banned
Yeah Overwatch is incredibly dull both to watch and play and all the character designs are middling except for Soldier 76 and Symmetra, really disappointing.

image.php

Tagyhag

If Bloodborne gets a PC port, I'll stop pretending it's a bad game.

I wish that was the case for me.

It'd fix the annoying framepacing issues that I have with the game, but the style of combat would still be the same so I bet I still wouldn't enjoy it.

I'd try giving it another chance though.

Watching those wolves just spawn in instantly made me not buy the DS DLC (that and I don't have time to replay 60% of the base game)

If you're appropriately leveled and patient, that whole wolves part is really not a big deal. If you're under leveled and freaking out, that's a different story.

The real bullshit is the DLC boss.

ArjanN

I'm struggling to get level 20 in Marrakesh. I've played through all objectives and most discovery tasks and am still only at level 17. The other two maps didn't seem to take as long to get to 20.

Yeah, I remember that one taking longer than most of the other levels.

Johndoey

Banned
Browsing through the psn store and the ps4 is disappointing un-weeb.

PC has truly taken over as the one true weeb machine.

My copies of Sakura swim club and Monmusu Quest says PC was always the true weeb dream machine.
That and all dis Rider fanfiction.

AJLma

Are the wolves really supposed to jankily spawn in more wolves?

I've played the DLC a bunch, and never saw that happen once, they usually run in from somewhere I think.

Brad using the Brigand Axe that late in the game is really making it harder on himself.

Are the wolves really supposed to jankily spawn in more wolves?

I'd have to re-watch but I think it jumped in from the left, up the hill (off screen). It did look weird though for sure, maybe it glitched heh. Played through that area a bunch of times and never saw anything like that but weird jank is definitely possible!

When they howl it just causes all the other nearby wolves to come over and help. There are a finite number of wolves, they aren't spawning out of nothing haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom