• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Another banger of a Monday stream this week!

Dishonored QL made me want to play that game despite having heard mostly lukewarm things about it.

It's fantastic, especially if you like games that let you play with the AI. But I do wish they would change the style of the game.

Are we still tracking the whereabouts of Christian Thomson? Because he resurfaced.
Cx0NoiEXEAAD-0X.jpg
https://twitter.com/OutManOdd/status/800811453917884417

BearPawB

Banned
Then you have a lot to watch.

I don't know how we got from
"i don't like animated comedy"
to
"you have a lot to watch"

The shows on that list that I have heard of are ones i have actively disliked.

Except Archer... the bits I have seen of Archer have always made me laugh

TraBuch

Banned
I don't know how we got from
"i don't like animated comedy"
to
"you have a lot to watch"

The shows on that list that I have heard of are ones i have actively disliked.

Except Archer, the bits I have seen of Archer have always made me laugh
You didn't say you don't like animated comedy. You said outside of South Park (And now Archer), you haven't seen anything you've liked. But the fact that you like two of the more well-regarded cartoon comedies means that you'd probably enjoy other ones. Especially Frisky Dingo since it's from the same dude that made Archer.

BearPawB

Banned
You didn't say you don't like animated comedy. You said outside of South Park (And now Archer), you haven't seen anything you've liked. But the fact that you like two of the more well-regarded cartoon comedies means that you'd probably enjoy other ones. Especially Frisky Dingo since it's from the same dude that made Archer.

Even though I like south park...i haven't watched it in probably 5 seasons. And I have never seen a full episode of Archer. But like i said, the clips I have seen made me laugh.

I resisted watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for a long time because I don't really like comedies, but we started watching it in my office during lunch and it's really fantastic. I realize I'm super late to the train on this one.

popo

They don't even go in to the office Mondays anymore, and y'all thought moving the bombcast to Tuesdays was so they could live stream it.

oti

Banned
I'd really appreciate it if they started streaming anything from their homes on Monday. Whatever they want. I don't care about how professional the setup would be, webcam or not, just stream something.

I know the comparison isn't accurate but just look at the content EZA cranks out on a regular schedule.

Catvoca

Banned
Not enough people have watched The Life and Times of Tim. Honestly don't get it. Absolutely hilarious HBO cartoon.

That's a great show, very very dry humour.

Watch Party Down.

The Steve Guttenberg episode is like one of my favourite episodes of anything.

I feel betrayed.

Also the best animated comedy isn't half as good as the best live action comedy.

The first 10 seasons of the Simpsons beg to differ.

I'd really appreciate it if they started streaming anything from their homes on Monday. Whatever they want. I don't care about how professional the setup would be, webcam or not, just stream something.

I know the comparison isn't accurate but just look at the content EZA cranks out on a regular schedule.

I feel like them doing podcast stream, unprofessional Friday and whatever the East coast stuff does is more than enough for them. They have done extra streams here and there but there also are doing other content for the website too.

Bacon

Why does it seem like people have been talking about the Bombcast way less since they started streaming it?

It segments the audience. You have the crazy people that watch the bombcast live and talk about it as it's happening then you have the other people that listen to the archive and talk about it sporadically as they listen to it throughout the week or what not.

Is that time they played the mini-game where everyone got an item and Jeff got smooshed by a Thwomp the moment that best encapsulates Mario Party Party?

Curufinwe

Uncharted 4 almost doubling Gears 4 in first month NPD sales is very interesting considering even Giant Bomb is prone to repeating the Sony exclusives don't sell myth.

FStop7

Banned
Why does it seem like people have been talking about the Bombcast way less since they started streaming it?

It divides the audience and tbh it's my perception that there's been a general decline on GAF of interest for both the Bombcast and Beastcast over the past couple of months. Most of the comments are about bad emails or poop stories.

TraBuch

Banned
It divides the audience and tbh it's my perception that there's been a general decline on GAF of interest for both the Bombcast and Beastcast over the past couple of months.
I've never gotten the impression that the Beastcast was ever actually that popular.

oti

Banned
I feel like them doing podcast stream, unprofessional Friday and whatever the East coast stuff does is more than enough for them. They have done extra streams here and there but there also are doing other content for the website too.

Scrap the podcast stream. Who cares about that anyway.

popo

I suspect bombcast numbers have gone up if anything. I would be interested to hear, out of all those that were demanding it, how many people still watch it live - or download the video even, which seems even crazier.

TraBuch

Banned
Dan fatigue is a real thing. Calling it now, Bombcast and Beastcast popularity will both raise when Dan goes east. Dan gets some fresh voices to gross out and Bombcast gets to go back to the old days of taste testing energy drinks and Swedish candy and new DSi releases.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah if the bombcast live thing isn't working out they would have scrapped it already.

It's been shown before that neogaf isn't really a good indicator of popularity.

Zaph

Dan fatigue is a real thing. Calling it now, Bombcast and Beastcast popularity will both raise when Dan goes east. Dan gets some fresh voices to gross out and Bombcast gets to go back to the old days of taste testing energy drinks and Swedish candy and new DSi releases.

Maybe initially, but Dan is just not great on longform podcasts. He contributes in the beginning, will tell one story, then switch off for the rest of it.

kiguel182

I still love the Beascast but Austin made a big dent when he left. And Dan might bring some life there but the Austin times were golden. I'm still not over him leaving, the way his humor worked with Vinny and his different takes on subjects was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom