• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminaire

Man, just watched the latest vrodeo. That Google Earth stuff is pretty profound.

I haven't watched much of the VRODEO stuff (exept Handibot) because the motion makes me feel a bit...off....kinda sicky? Maybe it looks normal to Jeff but yikes. I'll have to look at the Google Earth stuff.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Btw, for those of you thinking this thread is a bit harsh on the guys, take a look at Kinda Funny's community.

This shit is tea and cake compared to Lord Of The Flies over there.
Is this about them not getting a Pro? I remember that there was some sort of protest from them. Which is funny since they have a Playstation show.

Something about Skyrim remastered selling more than Titanfall 2 hurts my soul abit. I was thinking about the opening cinematic earlier and that...made me feel things.

ciK1n77.gif

I suspect bombcast numbers have gone up if anything. I would be interested to hear, out of all those that were demanding it, how many people still watch it live - or download the video even, which seems even crazier.

I watched the first few live when I didn't have things to do but with my big travel coming up, I haven't been able to catch it live however, when everything settles down I'll be sure to catch it live again whenever I'm free.

Accounting makes the worst first impression i've ever seen.

What an atrocious brand of 'comedy'. Jesus H. Christ. It made me want to close the tab it was so bad.

I mean it started out alright but then...

18yh8oV.gif

Also, as for the Beastcast, I sent in my first ever e-mail. Doubt it will get read due to its length, but it continues their Die Hard discussion. In the e-mail, I explain that most of the movies have weird inspirations. Die Hard was based off of an unrelated book (which was a sequel to another book), Die Hard 2 was based off of yet another unrelated book, Die Hard With a Vengeance was a reworked screenplay of an unrelated movie, Live Free or Die Hard was based off of a Wired article on cyber security, and A Good Day to Die Hard was based on nothing, but was originally going to be titled Die Hard 24/7, leading many people to speculate if they were trying to make a Die Hard/24 cross-over featuring a team-up of John McClane and Jack Bauer. That would've been awesome!

Whenever someone talks about Die Hard With a Vengeance I get pissed off because they didn't use the alternate ending. it was deemed too dark.

Luminaire

Am I the only one here who pretty much listens to the beastcasts and bombcasts at least 3 times on repeat when they come out?

One and done for me.
I have like 17 other podcasts for my horrible commute, but I look forward to the bombcast and the beastcast the most. I'm a little saddened that the bombcast is no longer available when I get off work so I can listen on the drive home.

Mr. F

Banned
Maybe it's a me thing, but I've been finding Vinny more grating recently, mostly when he goes on tangents on the Beastcast. Him just shooting half-cocked references and ideas and then keeping the bits going way too long. I think he'd benefit from a host who'd rein him in every now and then. He's totally the Dad Joke guy now. Beastcast definitely isn't at full strength, that's for sure.

totp edit: I just don't get this feeling anymore like I used to, you know?

2787868-6567091954-iJykb.gif

Not a you thing, I wish he'd reign it in sometimes.

I think the problem, currently, is consistency. The Beastcast can still be amazing since Austin left, but then sometimes it doesn't hit the mark - Alex particularly seems to me to be all over the place at the moment. Then on the Bombcast you have Dan, Jason and Drew; all of whom can spark up and participate in amazing conversations, but can just as easily go 50+ minutes without a peep while Jeff and Brad have the same conversations over and over again.

I can see how that's probably only noticeable or even an issue for the more dedicated fans like us though - we listen to all their work, watch all their videos. They're just people, keeping it together through a series of bumps in the road and talking a hell of a lot to entertain folks. It's not always going to be top tier, which is fine.

I see your point, although I think Brad is a poor host compared to Jeff or even Vinny. It was a fine experiment but dude doesn't know how to keep a show moving for his life. Emails are almost always a wash/waste of time too.

Tubobutts

Vinny needs a Jeff G for his bits to work and Jeff B and Alex are no Jeff G

I want Jeff to be the bombcast host again so Brad can go back to sleeping/talking about bugs living in your ears.

Luminaire

Not a you thing, I wish he'd reign it in sometimes.

I see your point, although I think Brad is a poor host compared to Jeff or even Vinny. It was a fine experiment but dude doesn't know how to keep a show moving for his life. Emails are almost always a wash/waste of time too.

Brad has also gotten a bit...aggressive with things, like "Shut up, stop talking about it!" or "WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS ANYMORE" and it's a bit..I dunno, off. Like when he basically told everyone to shut up about the doritos codes things, the Stand Your Ground / Castle Doctrine stuff. He's seemed a bit sensitive as of late and it definitely makes things feel awkward...

kvothe

While I like the whole positivity vibe Beastcast has going on, I think it's leaning a bit too much into the "sincere life advice" side of things. It's beginning to drag the podcast down.

TraBuch

Banned
Panda Express is fine. It's not as good as your local Chinese place, but when you're on the way home and are feeling too lazy to cook something or order "actual" Chinese and waiting and you just wanna eat some junk, there's nothing wrong with picking up a plate with chow mein, orange chicken and teriyaki chicken.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
While I was trying to decide whether I wanted to buy Titanfall 2 or Overwatch, I failed to realize that the Titanfall 2 sales were much more fleeting. Oops.

Tagyhag

Panda Express is fine. It's not as good as your local Chinese place, but when you're on the way home and are feeling too lazy to cook something or order "actual" Chinese and waiting and you just wanna eat some junk, there's nothing wrong with picking up a plate with chow mein, orange chicken and teriyaki chicken.

So true. It's no Szechuan cuisine, but you're not always in the mood for that.

I like Vinny, but the first episode of Blue Bombin' being the Vinny Caravella Improv Corner (like a lot of Beast content is) sapped me of all the excitement I had for the series.

Dude needs to chill. I'm already sick of the Robot Master impressions, and we have like 72 left to go.

You, however, are the Good Boy who is always right.

there is only one Good Boy here

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah, mine too.

Chinese Muslim cuisine close second.

I always find it amusing that people dismiss chinese american food as not being "pure" chinese food though. Like, chinese people have been everywhere and incorporated local cuisine into the stuff we cook throughout history. South east asian chinese food is goddamn delicious.

I mean chinese american is shit, but basing it on a "purity" test is so fucking dumb.

neshcom

Banned
It doesn't make any damn sense, but I've started listening to Bombcast more since they started doing video versions--even if I have to jump past ads. Since I took my podcasts off iTunes, it's one of the few easy long-form shows I can pull up easily. Plus, it saves my position (it's wild audio posts don't do this still).

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald is so good, it's only natural Accounting has lackluster writing. Accounting does succeed at being uniquely physical, but really gives up the ghost on the thing Crowsx3 and Roiland should be stronger on: writing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I had Uyghur food once. It's not great.

I like quite a number ughyur cuisine, but I tend to separate it out because I'm honestly not sure if they consider themselves chinese. It's a pretty sensitive topic in which I'm not too nuanced on. Still though, dumb cumin on lamb and I'll eat it all day everyday.

Other chinese islamic cuisines are pretty good though.

pizzacat

Banned
Vinny needs a Jeff G for his bits to work and Jeff B and Alex are no Jeff G

I want Jeff to be the bombcast host again so Brad can go back to sleeping/talking about bugs living in your ears.
Make this the OT title and smoke it

send Vinny to la

Send Dan and Jason to ny

Send Brad to back to the lab he's not ready

Also fuck this positivity vibe the beastcast has, this podcast isn't for flowers

pizzacat

Banned
Yeah these brands in a game series where every brand is a chocobo joke is really making me question how much have they lost in this games development tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom