• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's weird to ding Vinny for always wanting to liven things up during a stream or podcast. Like, yeah, sometimes a bit goes overboard, but I admire his dedication to remaining high-spirited and positive during otherwise mundane streams. And his goofy charm makes me smile way, way more often than it makes me cringe or whatever. Loved tuning into the Beastcast on Friday mornings to have his cheery outlook on everything distract from an otherwise soul-crushing workday.

They have Colin, so I'm not surprised, other than at the fact that people stuck around for this long with him there in the first place.

Nothing gives me more joy than opening a video and seeing he isnt at the table. His pseudo intilectualism and jingoism bothers me to no end. He's like bizarro Dan.

Binary Domain did it first

aEAtCdU.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's weird to ding Vinny for always wanting to liven things up during a stream or podcast. Like, yeah, sometimes a bit goes overboard, but I admire his dedication to remaining high-spirited and positive during otherwise mundane streams. And his goofy charm makes me smile way, way more often than it makes me cringe or whatever. Loved tuning into the Beastcast on Friday mornings to have his cheery outlook on everything distract from an otherwise soul-crushing workday.
Yep, love the positive vibes

Meneses

I totally get why people aren't enjoying the Beastcast as much, but that's probably the reason why I enjoy it more, now.

I take the Bombcast as my source of videogame commentary with the occasional rants / Dan-isms / weird emails, and then the Beastcast as more of a relaxed-conversation-type-thing with some videogames mixed in. I love listening to it at the end of the week.

I'm also probably just a Vinny stan.

But the undisputed truth is that Vinny doesn't have the same chemistry he had with El Jefe with anyone else, and that's not really a knock on anyone - and I think their dynamic in NY is fine.

In the end, the duders are big boys and they can take valid criticism just fine. I can't speak for them but I imagine they do pay some attention to this kind of stuff - but at the end of the day they're still mostly gonna do whatever they feel like, and that's a big part of why people like them.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is videos games, they're not supposed to make you happy.
I've fallen into the jaded rabbit hole, but I atleast try to keep it positive since it's still just a hobby. And it's actually not that easy to find gaming outlets that have that vibe but are also seasoned veterans.

I don't like how he always has to play devils avocado. After a point just seems fake to me. Like he is doing it just to do it and not that he believes that opposing view.

patapuf

I don't like how he always has to play devils avocado. After a point just seems fake to me. Like he is doing it just to do it and not that he believes that opposing view.

That's the point isn't it?

I personally find it more interesting to throw a few counterpoints in a discussion rather than everyone nodding and it stopping in 2 minutes. YMMV of course.

Santar

I looove all Vinnys voices, tangents and stories! He always make me laugh. Some of the "bits" on the beastcast are classics to me like "song of the deep at gamestop" and "the giant boulder team"
Don't listen to the naysayers Vinny, just keep on being you!

Tubobutts

What if instead of the beastcast it was Vinny and friends playing some sort of Tabletop pen and paper rpg? They could call it Vinny's friends at the Tabletop.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh and the corrections segment is genius and the Bombcast should adopt it. It's not just about correcting some wrong info, but it's also good for coming back to a topic and filling gaps and having another take added to it.

What if instead of the beastcast it was Vinny and friends playing some sort of Tabletop pen and paper rpg? They could call it Vinny's friends at the Tabletop.
Please, no.

Oh and the corrections segment is genius and the Bombcast should adopt it. It's not just about correcting some wrong info, but it's also good for coming back to a topic and filling gaps and having another take added to it.

The corrections segment is good shit since it's basically those "let's teach you goofy shit about last week's subject matter" emails the Bombcast gets every once in a while, but every week.

derFeef

It's also good for Bakalar not willing to admit that he is wrong. Instead he teaches you about some other topic (that he also does not know much about) to distract from his mistakes.

chogidogs

GB unplugged only works if Dave and Vinny are there trying to out crazy each other. And Rorie being passive-aggressive to Ian about the rules.

I just want to mention that Brad needed the Hitman developers to teach him basic mechanics after 7 months of playing which most people figured out in the tutorial and that's funny.

Bowlie

Banned
I just want to mention that Brad needed the Hitman developers to teach him basic mechanics after 7 months of playing which most people figured out in the tutorial and that's funny.

after 7 months of playing one hour every two weeks or so, having to relearn things every time

derFeef

Eh, they approached it a different way and mainly only played it during the videos. It's not that they learned him huge things he did not know much about. This game can be played many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom