• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
I played Binary Domain and got to the mech part where you're in a mech shooting other mechs or tanks or something, I forget, and ground troops and I kept getting blown up so I said fuck it and stopped intending to get back to it later and never touched the game again.

LiK

I played Binary Domain and got to the mech part where you're in a mech shooting other mechs or tanks or something, I forget, and ground troops and I kept getting blown up so I said fuck it and stopped intending to get back to it later and never touched the game again.

you should go back.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I often wonder if the setting and characters of a game could possibly turn me off of it more than Final Fantasy 15 and the answer is no, god no, everything about that game is unappealing.

Johndoey

Banned
The fantasy middle America setting and concept of the road trip is great. Everything else turns me off.

I've said it before but it would be so much more interesting if it was a low key road trip, instead of the whole kingdom invasion deal.

I'm into the setting of FFXV, but yes, everything about the characters I find unappealing. Thinking about it, I can say the same about Watch Dogs 2.

2901044-cp_smallradiosbigtelevisions_ql.00_06_21_45.still002.jpg

Quick Look: Small Radios Big Television
The radios may be small but the ideas are big, man! Just watch out for those magnets.

Watching the dishonored 2 quick look, fuck getting the itch to play the new one. Hoping for a sale.

Need to finish the last dishonored 1 dlc first though

FStop7

Banned
Are Shin Megami Tensei games just Pokémon for teens?

I was watching the Sun/Moon QL and it hit me that the demon/persona collection, fusing, etc... It's just a slightly more complex Pokémon.

I don't know how I feel about this.

And Vinny Wept

The Day the Caravella Cried

I guess I'm not too surprised that Sleeping Dogs 2 was such a tough sell to publish. Square-Enix lucked out with the first game; they bought something that was nearly complete and just had to pay for the finishing touches, QA, and marketing. And it turned out to be a surprise hit, both critically and sales-wise. Even with that reception, I guess they would still be hesitant to fully fund a sequel, since their risk exposure would be much greater than the first game.

FluxWaveZ

I was watching the Sun/Moon QL and it hit me that the demon/persona collection, fusing, etc... It's just a slightly more complex Pokémon.

SMT predates Pokemon, though, so it'd be the opposite.

Pokemon directly takes from SMT and other RPGs that predate it.

the early 90s is a whole mess of monster-catching JRPGs, which obviously exploded into an even bigger mess after Pokemon showed up and changed the world

Pokemon is still the best though. The best designs, the best battle system. Love me some SMT but it's more than the sum of its parts.

pizzacat

Banned
the early 90s is a whole mess of monster-catching JRPGs, which obviously exploded into an even bigger mess after Pokemon showed up and changed the world

Pokemon is still the best though. The best designs, the best battle system. Love me some SMT but it's more than the sum of its parts.
The SMT designs destroy any Pokemon ever,

Also digimon cyber sleuth is the best Pokemon game ever made

Johndoey

Banned
The SMT games have (occasional) penis monsters and great hairdos. It's the best series.
--
Tamers was the best Digimon anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom