• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice of Will Smith to stop by on the Bombcast. Wonder why he stopped by so soon after the last visit.

745ca059e1ceefbd033ecc5274eb4c7b.png

Strax

The amount of guests this year on the Bombcast has been staggering.

Edit: hold up, did Jeff say his former roommate of many years died?

Megasoum

Banned
Sigh... I can't wait for them to switch the live player to the new beta player...

I'm getting sub 60fps in Hitman while watching the Bombcast.

FStop7

Banned
I didn't realize that SMT was older than Pokemon. I've played SMT: DS: Soul Hackers, SMT4, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 and P4 Golden.

Come to think of it, I should go back and try to finish Soul Hackers.

I want a noclip documentary about IO bouncing back from Absolution and making Hitman 2016.

I reinstalled Absolution after spending a lot of time with Hitman, to see if I could finally finish it. Couldn't do it. Really is remarkable how they went from the worst game in the series to the best.

Next, do a proper Thief game. And another Tomb Raider about platforming and puzzles.

justjim89

I reinstalled Absolution after spending a lot of time with Hitman, to see if I could finally finish it. Couldn't do it. Really is remarkable how they went from the worst game in the series to the best.

Next, do a proper Thief game. And another Tomb Raider about platforming and puzzles.

God, I need them to try Thief again. Every now and then, I think about reinstalling Thi4f and finishing it, since I was 30 hours in and near the end, but I just can't. Trying so hard to love that game broke me.

Didn't Absolution sell a bunch and this new one not that much?

It's probably sold more than Hitman 2016 has at this point, but the difference in fan and critical reception is night and day, and I think they see that.

This was all I kept thinking about while playing Rise of the Tomb Raider.

That would be awesome, but probably not very popular with the masses.

Most of the older Tomb Raider games were already globe trotting adventures that could fit the lower budget episodic model. I don't know how you'd work elusive targets and types of replayability to the formula, but they can figure something out.

I keep hoping positive word of mouth will push the full release to sell a lot more, but yeah it's a troubling number. Here's hoping they stay the course.

The Steam page has it listed as Mixed, primarily due to the DRM. Regardless of the reason, though, SE could see poor sales and mixed reception as a sign to go in a different direction. Fortunately, Season 2 has already been confirmed.

Maiorum

There's probably a significant number of people who looked at "episodic" and NOPEd out. Now that the whole package is out and the steam sale is about to start, I could see it having a long tail.

Tagyhag

There's probably a significant number of people who looked at "episodic" and NOPEd out. Now that the whole package is out and the steam sale is about to start, I could see it having a long tail.

Nah people don't mind that, they mind online DRM for a single player game.

That's a HUGE no-no on the PC space. No matter how good the game is, people will get angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom