• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game review section of the last Beastcast is so damn good!

It's weird though that after having a steady income, I stopped caring for reviews on the whole and just bought whatever interested me in the slightest. I only read reviews now to see what the person I care about thought about said game. I assume I'm not alone in this.

It's weird though that after having a steady income, I stopped caring for reviews on the whole and just bought whatever interested me in the slightest. I only read reviews now to see what the person I care about thought about said game. I assume I'm not alone in this.

Yep, right there with you. At this point I know what I'm going to like more than any critic or review aggregate. Talk on podcasts and Quick Looks are far more influential in my purchasing decisions.

hamchan

Same. Now I just buy everything :(

^Also sad about Swery. That guy was a mad man who made interesting, memorable games. Hope he gets better and comes back to development eventually.

Meguro

Banned
already having pretty lengthy waits to find games on Titanfall 2 online

RIP
I saw a bunch of people say this even on saturday but I get into games instantly.
Maybe EU likes Titanfall more?

Also reading the last few pages and uff.
I remember what a visceral reaction I had to the passing of Ryan and the tribute Bombcast.
I'm still surprised just how much it affected me.

WDAiP7Eh.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

These are superhero origin stories.

H.pro from, or formerly XSEED has some crazy stories are well.

Drew is totally me, except he is successful. Last two years of high school was me making my own documentaries, and helping production of others.

I was a member of the IDA (International Documentary Association). Our class in high school went to to the documentary gala of the Oscars. I met Alex Gibney there, and also Mario Van Peebles. Morgan Spurlock is a bit of a jerk, and fucking Micheal Moore promised the prof he'd do a doc seminar but that promise never revealed itself.

Editing and dealing with digital videotapes and bugs is hell. Even rendering simple wipes took a ton of time. We were there like after school for many hours.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll give up on finishing Mafia 3 because of all the 'busy work' missions but i'll then go and spend 5 hours straight playing Farm Simulator.

I have no idea what my taste in gaming is anymore.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They changed the Youtube banner again. That channel has seen more change recently than in years prior. Also, their last 8 uploads are atleast 50 minutes long. With some bangers like the Civ VI QL at 1h 38min.

repeater

All this hype is getting me really curious about Titanfall 2. Problem is I'm not good at twitchy multiplayer shooters and tend to have a lot more fun with the ones that emphasize teamplay and enable classes that can be useful without racking up thousands of n0sc0pe kills (e.g. Overwatch, Killzone series in general). I remember when TF1 came out there was a lot of talk of how'd they made it reasonably accessible for noobs by introducing the creeps and that autoaiming gun etc. I haven't really heard the same kind of things abotu the sequel. How is Titanfall 2 about these things?

robotrock

Banned
All this hype is getting me really curious about Titanfall 2. Problem is I'm not good at twitchy multiplayer shooters and tend to have a lot more fun with the ones that emphasize teamplay and enable classes that can be useful without racking up thousands of n0sc0pe kills (e.g. Overwatch, Killzone series in general). I remember when TF1 came out there was a lot of talk of how'd they made it reasonably accessible for noobs by introducing the creeps and that autoaiming gun etc. I haven't really heard the same kind of things abotu the sequel. How is Titanfall 2 about these things?

The autoaiming gun isn't front and center anymore as it's kind of like a kill streak reward now.

Creeps are still around. I'm pretty terrible at the multiplayer but I have a great time traversing the map and shooting the AI

Is the concept of a washing machine without a dryer really so foreign to Americans? No one has a dryer in Finland, we just hang our clothes to dry.

Is the concept of a washing machine without a dryer really so foreign to Americans? No one has a dryer in Finland, we just hang our clothes to dry.
Many people don't have room to hang clothes to dry unless they're hanging them in their living room. I'm sure there are plenty of rural Americans who hang their clothes though.

Many people don't have room to hang clothes to dry unless they're hanging them in their living room. I'm sure there are plenty of rural Americans who hang their clothes though.

Well people just hang them wherever they fit. It's not at all uncommon to see one of these in a living room, though usually you can fit one in the bathroom:
V71wTSE.jpg

blakep267

I mean kinda but also if a game is completely broken, I hope that a review will mention that. Something like Recore. I was interested in it. But it had a ton of issues. If it were a $60 game I wouldn't have bought it( I ended up getting it for $20 and thought it was worth it for $20)

I am terrible at twitchy shooters but holding my own.

Once you get into the titan you have to think more about what abilities and approach to take, adding a layer to your standard shooter.

Teamwork can be a thing but it's not as structured as Battlefield/Overwatch.If you had a team you knew you could easily use teamwork to mop up as each titan (and even pilot type) is pretty unique.

The modes I am playing also don't show your k/d ratio. It's just points and kills, so good performance is objective based.

There are definitely still traditional CoD elements and frustrating kills but I have been having more fun with this than any other multiplayer for years.

The levelling system makes everything pretty addictive too, it has a "one more match" feeling.

repeater

I am terrible at twitchy shooters but holding my own.

Once you get into the titan you have to think more about what abilities and approach to take, adding a layer to your standard shooter.

Teamwork can be a thing but it's not as structured as Battlefield/Overwatch.If you had a team you knew you could easily use teamwork to mop up as each titan (and even pilot type) is pretty unique.

The modes I am playing also don't show your k/d ratio. It's just points and kills, so good performance is objective based.

There are definitely still traditional CoD elements and frustrating kills but I have been having more fun with this than any other multiplayer for years.

The levelling system makes everything pretty addictive too, it has a "one more match" feeling.
Thanks.. Hmm, ehm, errrm, hmmm.. Really tempted.

Oh shit, Austin just gave a HUGE middle finger to the Giant Bomb community on stream right now!

He refused to play Velvet Sundown as one of their two remaining games on stream.

I mean kinda but also if a game is completely broken, I hope that a review will mention that. Something like Recore. I was interested in it. But it had a ton of issues. If it were a $60 game I wouldn't have bought it( I ended up getting it for $20 and thought it was worth it for $20)

I got it at 60$ and enjoyed the first half a bunch, second half, not so much. I got it early just so I could be done with it before other games come out since I was interested in playing it. I have played way worse games than Recore that's for sure. (Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard comes to mind at the moment if we were to go last gen)

The most surprising thing about Recore though is that it's a first party game which is why it's mind boggling that it is the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom