• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.. Hmm, ehm, errrm, hmmm.. Really tempted.

Oh shit, Austin just gave a HUGE middle finger to the Giant Bomb community on stream right now!

He refused to play Velvet Sundown as one of their two remaining games on stream.

If you don't pull the trigger at least keep an eye out for price drop or second hand copy. The campaign is absolutely superb. The last hour is potentially the best climax to a shooter campaign ever.

There is a few contenders for moment of the year and the robot is best new character material.

repeater

If you don't pull the trigger at least keep an eye out for price drop or second hand copy. The campaign is absolutely superb. The last hour is potentially the best climax to a shooter campaign ever.

There is a few contenders for moment of the year and the robot is best new character material.
I am pretty sure the game will drop in price pretty quickly. But the problem is that it will lose players in MP at the same rate. I feel like now is probably the time to be playing it in MP, especially if like me you're not great at these kinds of shooters.

The early sales news is disappointing. Proof that despite constant bellyaching about day 1 patches and paid DLC, consumers don't give a FUCK. (Day 1 patch was 88mb, free DLC forever).

Meguro

Banned
I really hope Titanfall 2 does a Rainbow Six: Siege and gets a steady playerbase due to great free updates and the likes.
It's kinda amazing what turnaround that game has had.

The early sales news is disappointing. Proof that despite constant bellyaching about day 1 patches and paid DLC, consumers don't give a FUCK. (Day 1 patch was 88mb, free DLC forever).

I think it kind of caught everyone by surprise honestly. Especially since it's coming out between BF1 & COD with Dishonered 2 coming out in like a week and a half. Most people have just enough to spend on games but not more.

The real question is if it'll have legs or not which I suspect it will as long as the developer keeps supporting it. Best thing about it is that they have fantastic servers from what I'm reading.

I really hope Titanfall 2 does a Rainbow Six: Siege and gets a steady playerbase due to great free updates and the likes.
It's kinda amazing what turnaround that game has had.

I still play and enjoy Siege from time to time, the developer support is inspired to be honest.

Zaph

If EA's fuckery kills Respawn/Titanfall, it'll be one of the worst closures in modern gaming history.

It feels like we've only just begun to see what those guys are capable of.

Goddamn Titanfall 2 🔥🔥🔥

Ein Bear

I've been caught out by hype-whiplash on Titanfall 2.

Was a huge fan of the first game, but then that beta came out and everyone hated it. So I bought Battlefield instead. Now everyone keeps saying how awesome TF2 is and I'm annoyed at myself for not just going with that game in the first place. I'm not even enjoying BF1 at all.

Should I buy and play Titanfall 2 now then, before the community is gone completely?

Then again, people complained about the first game's PC player base, but I never once had issues finding a game even long after launch.

Meguro

Banned
Should I buy and play Titanfall 2 now then, before the community is gone completely?

Then again, people complained about the first game's PC player base, but I never once had issues finding a game even long after launch.

I think the issues are that every gamemode but the "main" one will be dead a month after the game is out.
Which is a real shame cause Last Titan Standing is fantastic.

Strax

Well people just hang them wherever they fit. It's not at all uncommon to see one of these in a living room, though usually you can fit one in the bathroom:
V71wTSE.jpg

I have one of these things in my living room when I don't have guests over and also have a dryer. Not all clothes should be dried in a dryer, its ruins some fabrics.

The single player is worth it on its own. I haven't enjoyed a FPS campain this much since MW2.

I think the issues are that every gamemode but the "main" one will be dead a month after the game is out.
Which is a real shame cause Last Titan Standing is fantastic.
Last Titan Standing was in the first game. I hated it. I had more fun in the no-Titans mode.
The single player is worth it on its own. I haven't enjoyed a FPS campain this much since MW2.
Awesome! I think I will pick it up.

The BF1 campaign starts strong, but really falls off in some of the stories. Zaph was right.

kiguel182

Titanfall 2 looks really good but I spend my multiplayer game money on Battlefield (and I'm loving it).

I'll probably get it once I see a good sale on it but yeah, not right now.

Ein Bear

Looking forward to watching that when I get home from work.

Have to say, I'm really impressed at how quickly Danny's got this put together. Only feels like a couple of weeks ago that he announced the whole idea, I'm used to these sorts of crowdfunding things to get dragged out for an eternity.

Launching the week in between Battlefield and CoD might be one of the worst release date decisions I've ever seen.

I didn't think it would be that bad, but filtering for my personal bias of having zero interest in CoD or BF1, yeah, I guess it wasn't too smart. Still, Titanfall is a known name at this point, I wouldn't have expected it to do remotely as poorly as it did. Such a shame.

Ein Bear

It was a gif of Battlefield 1 where the player burns soldiers in a bunker with a flamethrower. They used the hashtag #justWW1things

To add to this, they also used the caption "When you're too hot for the club"

EA should really stop using twitter for BF1 at this point.

SomberOwl

I wonder what the long term plan is for many people on Patreon. Is Patreon just a platform to help launch something then eventually get off it? How does one get off of Patreon? I mean can Patreon really be a long term solution? Wont people eventually drift elsewhere with their dollars?

I can see something like Danny's thing if it goes well maybe being picked up by some online network or something and he can get off Patreon that way.

But what about other people on Patreon? What happens if the Patreons go away? What happens if all their funding dries up? Could someone say something out of line and lose all of their funding? I mean how long are people wiling to support something / someone? What would happen to Kinda Funny and other similar things if they lost a lot of their supporters over something someone said or just a slow loss of interest?

Does everyone on Patreon have a contingency plan?

Can someone explain Patreon to me?

Patreon is just the logical conclusion of Giant Bomb's subscription service. GB has said the subs have kept them going, and IIRC it was what led to the CBSi purchase; for others with unique ambition/talents and some mindshare, Patreon makes a lot of sense.

Like, without Patreon Danny's Noclip could (probably) never happen--the very best case scenario would be him getting picked up by a publisher and pumping out advertorial documentaries for the pub's games. Otherwise it just wouldn't make sense, money-wise..
It was a gif of Battlefield 1 where the player burns soldiers in a bunker with a flamethrower. They used the hashtag #justWW1things

That's, uh... orders of magnitude worse than I was expecting. I'm sorry for asking now.

I really wonder what orders marketing people get sometimes. Because, like... ohmygod.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The result of combining a dank meme PR strategy and one of the greatest tragedies in human history in video game form. #justEAthings

Not enough resistance when it comes to tweeting. When there are tens, hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars involved in a marketing campaign, usually someone along the line says this is bad. When it's a tweet, all those heinously tone deaf ideas apparently do not get the same vetting.

Mr. F

Banned
Maaan the hype around TF2 makes me wish I liked shooters more. I feel a lot of the crew's goty contenders are going to leave me in the cold (i.e. mostly indifferent to games they've been super hyped on this year).

But at least owlboy is out tomorrow, yay.
...anyone?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Maaan the hype around TF2 makes me wish I liked shooters more. I feel a lot of the crew's goty contenders are going to leave me in the cold (i.e. mostly indifferent to games they've been super hyped on this year).

But at least owlboy is out tomorrow, yay.
...anyone?

All I've seen of Owlboy was about ten minutes on the Waypoint stream, but it looked amazing.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Vanished tweet.

What was it, on a scale of onesie to doritos 'n' dew?

It said "Weekend goals #justWW1 things" showing a gif a guy with a flamethrower mowing down enemies soldiers with the tagline "When you're too hot for the club"
I can't deal with the fact that anybody thought this is a good thing. How does this even happen.

Edit: Oh, they had another one too
CwGxcVFWAAEnrYJ.jpg

Really respectful.

Catvoca

Banned
It said "Weekend goals #justWW1 things" showing a gif a guy with a flamethrower mowing down enemies soldiers with the tagline "When you're too hot for the club"
I can't deal with the fact that anybody thought this is a good thing. How does this even happen.

Edit: Oh, they had another one too
CwGxcVFWAAEnrYJ.jpg

Really respectful.

I don't think it's just their twitter, the whole game really struggles from the tonal shift between the solemn "here are facts about the war that we're trying to honour" and "here's goofy videogame bullshit".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom