• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rorie still getting people shook lol.

Dude's great since he has own weird opinions (that "Dark Shower" bit is still one of the greatest off topic shifts in recent memory)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Gin Tonic is disgusting, no wonder JV threw up.
Rorie is not disgusting, he is amazing and you are a terrible person for not liking him

KingKong

I really wish Brad would stop shutting down any kind of tangent on the Bombcast. The difference between it and the Beastcast is startling

Peru

Beastcast is a better listen looking past what they're talking about. The characters come into their own better. Only very rarely does it end up being a long series of sidetracks. I enjoy both shows but a regular Bombcast is 'just' "this is what I played the last week' where the Beastcast explores both games and the lives around games in a more substantial way. Of course there are awesome Bombcast episodes too.

Mr. F

Banned
Speaking of Beastcast I hope Austin comes back for a holiday episode, Fiasco last year was pretty great (minus pat baer).

KingKong

also this No Mans Sky discussion is baffling. they straight up lied to people then dropped off the face of the earth and Jeff is acting like it doesnt matter because some people are taking it too far

robotrock

Banned
Speaking of Beastcast I hope Austin comes back for a holiday episode, Fiasco last year was pretty great (minus pat baer).

Pat Baer was fine on that. I would welcome him back on it this year.

My only Pat Baer problem is that Beastcast he did a few months ago when he went on for 10+ minutes about how great Giant Bomb Premium was

TraBuch

Banned
Austin was the worst part of Fiasco. He really dominated the entire game. People started talking and he had an annoying habit of cutting in. Does the same on his D&D podcast which really turned me off of it a few episodes in.

Mr. F

Banned
Pat Baer was fine on that. I would welcome him back on it this year.

My only Pat Baer problem is that Beastcast he did a few months ago when he went on for 10+ minutes about how great Giant Bomb Premium was

That encapsulates my general problem with him in that he's dull as bricks to listen to and takes forever to convey anything.

Austin was the worst part of Fiasco. He really dominated the entire game. People started talking and he had an annoying habit of cutting in. Does the same on his D&D podcast which really turned me off of it a few episodes in.

He has that habit on his Waypoint podcast too. I think he has a ways to go in learning to be a good host, sometimes I forget Danielle is even part of the podcast after it kind of inevitably devolves into a Patrick and Austin monologue show.

Meguro

Banned
It makes sense for Friends at the Table since he's the GM there and has to do a lot of heavy lifting in regards to setting up stuff and reacting to stuff.

robotrock

Banned
He has that habit on his Waypoint podcast too. I think he has a ways to go in learning to be a good host, sometimes I forget Danielle is even part of the podcast after it kind of inevitably devolves into a Patrick and Austin monologue show.

IMO they could use a Brad to moderate the discussions

Yeah because the Bombcast is listenable and the Beastcast isn't

beat me to it

5DsOPcl.gif

also this No Mans Sky discussion is baffling. they straight up lied to people then dropped off the face of the earth and Jeff is acting like it doesnt matter because some people are taking it too far

There's a common tendency, especially online, to judge stuff like this by the worst people on a side. And I can see where that comes from (especially in light of people going "not all gamergaters"), but it can be frustrating. Like you can't call out Hello Games and Sony for lying about NMS without being labeled "one of those people".

Same. I honestly wish I could just put tape on my monitor in the place where he usually sits on the couch for UPF, and I would also pay to be able to bleep out his talking on podcasts with silence. I'm sure he's awesome in real life but I can't stand it when he opens his mouth.

You're not alone, friend;

Brad is a great podcast host.

Rorie is odd, but awesome because of it.

Will can seem callous on twitter sometimes but I've enjoyed his podcast guest spots.

Alex rules.

Dany

Banned
Everyone on this website sucks.

I don't know why I bother to sit and watch/listen to any content since I hate everyone for trivial reasons.

strafer

Man that Planet Coaster looks really cool. Haven't really played a game like it since Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.

Those two games are my favorite of all time. Had a lot of fun with those.

Strax

I was really shocked when Jeff didn't tell the guys that McD brings the McRib back when pork prices are low when McRib was brought up during the lastest podcast. Jeff tell that on some kind of content happens at least 2-3 times a year.

lol

I didn't finish the podcast. Of course he tells them.

Dineren

Banned
Have they mentioned any possibility of a livestream today? I can't remember if they usually do one on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving or not.

TraBuch

Banned
Was it bugging the hell out of anyone else in the DQ Builders QL when Brad kept ignoring an open wall in his little town? Like even when he was filling in a part of the wall that got broken, he kept ignoring one specific spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom