• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Was it bugging the hell out of anyone else in the DQ Builders QL when Brad kept ignoring an open wall in his little town? Like even when he was filling in a part of the wall that got broken, he kept ignoring one specific spot.
Maybe that was a political statement, too

edit: GB never looked as Seasons After Fall, right? I wonder why, it looks so good.

Meneses

Stardew Valley is great.

Right now, for me, Beastcast is a more fun listen than Bombcast.

I didn't like Fiasco - or RP stuff in general.

I generally like Brad as host but he does cut some stuff too short.

I think this covers all the hot topics from the last little while.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I have no idea why, but the Cosmic Cow scene in the Planet Coaster QL actually broke me. My head hurt because I laughed so hard, and I really don't understand why

TraBuch

Banned
Hey Yakuza people, are the Yakuza 5 load times better than Yakuza 4's? Because it's really bugging me. Especially this part where I have to run the hostess club. It's taking foreveeeeeer.

jaina

I just got a new survey on the site (giantbomb.com)

edit: ugh, it's an old one. You might know it. Questions like "I go to the site for [-] video reviews [-] Use the game achievement feeds ...".

edit2: haha, but the PS4 Pro, Slim or XBO S can be selected as "system I own"

oBloYSx.gif

imBask

Banned
The guy who writes manuals on how to fly video game planes?

That's the Drew Conundrum™

can fly a plane and survive in the woods for weeks with just a toothpick
but dies 100 times against the Shagohod because he doesn't understand that you need to shoot the very obvious glowing part

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay I was going to hold off until I saw if they beefed up some of the management challenge, but I think I might need to buy Planet Coaster...

repeater

I doubt Paul voted for Trump. I remember his calling Jeff and Dan when they were driving to E3 last year, and he came out hard against the Republicans for spewing intolerant and anti-science bullshit.
Little known fact: Paul Ryckert is the founder of the alt-right movement.

ZkxcpUT.jpg

Also, a huge fan of Charles Manson.

repeater

His whole Twitter feed is full of Trump bashing.
Yup. Despite people (even in this thread) regularly panicking about Dan's worldview, just paying casual attention to e.g. the Ryckert Christmas podcasts should make it evident that the Ryckerts are thorougly decent people.

EDIT: Well I mean as long as you can get past the wrestling and swimsuit issue flogging, that is.

Yup. Despite people (even in this thread) regularly panicking about Dan's worldview, just paying casual attention to e.g. the Ryckert Christmas podcasts should make it evident that the Ryckerts are thorougly decent people.

hey man, there's nothing wrong with making mere educated guesses about what a person thinks politically based entirely on where they live or how they come across on a handful of podcasts and videos

Mr. F

Banned
I wish I liked Stardew more than I did, I gave it a few hours but like Drew I found it super slow and boring and I couldn't get a sense whether or not I was doing decently

pizzacat

Banned
hey man, there's nothing wrong with making mere educated guesses about what a person thinks politically based entirely on where they live or how they come across on a handful of podcasts and videos
I bet Jeff didn't pick popplio and bought the shirt to repent his sins.

i don't even think he owns a copy of sun or moon at his disposal anyway

Brashnir

I wish I liked Stardew more than I did, I gave it a few hours but like Drew I found it super slow and boring and I couldn't get a sense whether or not I was doing decently

There's no real resistance in the game at all. It's just click stuff, get stuff. You can set tings up more efficiently to get more stuff per click, but at the end of the day, it hardly even matters. Pretty much every action you do pays off in some way or another, unless you die in the mines, I guess. Occasionally you'll want specific stuff, so you click on specific things to get it.

It's an exercise in giving the player a ton of options, and making them feel good about whichever one they pick. The only real point of friction is the limit of time in a day, but that only really manifests in some fairly minor ways, since there's always more days.

Catvoca

Banned
Yeah, I was initially a little overwhelmed and worried I might be playing Stardew "wrong" but once I realised it kinda let's you do whatever with few negative consequences I started to enjoy it a lot more.

Still waiting on that PS4 port to start a new playthrough

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I bought Abzû on Steam and by god that game is beautiful. If that game doesn't win "best looking" (or whatever they call it) this year the system is actually rigged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom