• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

100kbs is considered good? Like, in Sidney or rural areas?

EDIT: I could download games super fast IF PSN ALLOWED IT. Sony needs to step their game up.

Jintor

Lol you just reminded me of the time AusGAF sydney had an offline meetup and the hotel/bar we went to reserved a table for "Sid Gaffe"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also yeah Steam downloads for me always cap out at around 3.6 despite my download speed being way higher than that so I wouldn't really gain much. I mena it would go up but nowhere near what it should be.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, where are you jintor where 100kbs is considered good? I'm not in NBN but on my plan I still regularly get 2MBs/S.

kiguel182

Steam caps at 8mb for me, which is not bad if I'm on Wifi since Wifi speeds aren't great in my house.

PSN sometimes is just crazy slow. Altought I found having stuff downloading in rest mode is much better.

EDIT: In here you can have 100 up/100 down with TV + phone for 45 euros. That's pretty great. If you don't want TV is 35 per month so not worth to not have it I guess. I don't know if this is the best plan, it isn't mine it's just one I've found in a quick google search.

oti

Banned
Started playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions again after taking a break for Pokémon after 20h. Man, I have a really tough time to get back into this game. And seeing how HLTB is telling me I'm not even halfway through the game...

Joeku

I know he sort of does his own thing, but I feel like Chris Franklin (Campster/Errant Signal) would fit in well at Waypoint. Watch a video of him not reading a script and he's pretty good, too.

100kbs is considered good? Like, in Sidney or rural areas?

EDIT: I could download games super fast IF PSN ALLOWED IT. Sony needs to step their game up.

Is the WiFi reciever on the PS4 a giant piece of shit? I had to take mine off ethernet for a while, and the thing won't even load the store. It went from like 25 MB/s on ethernet to less than 1 on wireless. And yeah, unlike Steam it never comes close to taking advantage of my bandwidth.

strafer

lol, when the cat is away the people are dancing on the tables...I see hoe this goes.

just because Austin doesnt work for Giantbomb anymore he sucks? nooo, Austin will forever be awesome.

you guys are wired.

daveo42

Banned
Still loving Austin in all of his various forms. Not sure why people are falling off with him. He's a joy on both Waypoint and the Beastcast.

Speaking of, I totally hope we get another RP game for Christmas.

kiguel182

Still loving Austin in all of his various forms. Not sure why people are falling off with him. He's a joy on both Waypoint and the Beastcast.

I would love if they did that. That game of Fiasco was so much fun.

Meneses

While I though Austin was fine at GB, I wasn't as big of a fan as most people here, so i'm not really falling off, I just don't miss him now that he's not on Giant Bomb and don't feel any desire to follow him.

Wensih

Someone else in this thread pointed it out, but Waypoint Radio probably due to the long distance format feels like each person takes a turn to get up on a soap box and do a spiel on the same topic, usually with Austin dominating the conversation and taking the lead and having a long winded albeit well argued monologue and then Patrick and Danielle stepping up to the box and having a shorter, "yeah you're totally right Austin, what you said," before they move onto the next topic.

It's not the political nature of Waypoint or trying to apply critical theory to games that I find to be a problem, it's just that it doesn't feel like a conversation, mostly repetition of the same idea the first person says 2 more times before moving onto the next topic.

Brashnir

Someone else in this thread pointed it out, but Waypoint Radio probably due to the long distance format feels like each person takes a turn to get up on a soap box and do a spiel on the same topic, usually with Austin dominating the conversation and taking the lead and having a long winded albeit well argued monologue and then Patrick and Danielle stepping up to the box and having a shorter, "yeah you're totally right Austin, what you said," before they move onto the next topic.

It's not the political nature of Waypoint or trying to apply critical theory to games that I find to be a problem, it's just that it doesn't feel like a conversation, mostly repetition of the same idea the first person says 2 more times before moving onto the next topic.

Conflict is entertainment. Entertainment is conflict.

Wensih

Conflict is entertainment. Entertainment is conflict.

It's not even necessarily about entertainment. Offering a different opinion or a new perspective on the issue allows for discussion, evolution of ideas, and insight on the topic. If everyone says the same thing you don't really learn anything.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Very well put! I still like it enough to listen to pretty much all of them, though lol

imBask

Banned

Yeah you're totally right Minishdriveby, what you said

no sarcasm

Catvoca

Banned

I enjoy the show well enough but yeah, I can't argue with this. I'm hoping they'll work some of the kinks out and it'll get a bit better since it sounds like they're aware of how stilted the conversation can be, but as it stands it's more of an occasional/if I have the time podcast rather than a must listen.

daveo42

Banned

I get that in terms of the format, which could be adjusted to give a larger variety of opinions and viewpoints as opposed to covering the same topic. Something similar to what Patrick did on Match 3 would be a nice middle ground if they needed to keep it to an hour or less. Each person bringing something different to the table over the course of an hour instead of a common topic or set of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom