• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
Should i pick up god eater on the steam sale?
I have bounced off every monster hunter game pretty hard. (does god eater have "collecting/mining" quests? or is it JUST combat. If it is just combat....

£12, awesome.

Since it required a US address I used the CBSi office. Seemed fitting.

Edit: It won't accept my card or PayPal account details :'( No bargain for me... Anyone wanna buy an extra code and I can PayPal you?

Teddified

Well I grabbed it and now I only have $8 in my account, wasn't planning on buying any games this black Friday since FFXV is out soon.

oti

Banned
Darksiders is maybe the only game I can't bring myself to play, even though I love Zelda, because it's so fuck off ugly.

It's super ugly. But I still enjoyed it when I played it on PS3 via PS+ (I think?).

Played a couple of hours of Darksiders 2 and lost interest immediately.

Started a lethal Corvo run after doing Emily low chaos. After really enjoying my time with Emily (barring one or two missions), I've got to say I'm really not feeling it. Part of it is due to having to once again slowly acquire all of the powers that make the game fun for me in the first place, another is those powers not being as fun as Emily's, and finally I just don't really think combat is all that fun. I can't come up with imaginative lethal solutions to encounters without it all ending in a clumsy four-way brawl between two dudes taking turns slashing at me and another kind of awkwardly shooting at me every now and then. I think my biggest problem, though, is that I'd much rather have a mix of Corvo and Emily's powers. Corvo's blink is better than Far Reach, Domino is one of the coolest powers ever, Possession and Time Bending are cool, Shadow Crawl and Doppelgänger are neat...I just kind of want one character that does all of that instead of having the sets siloed off from one another. Like, yeah, I get that balancing is a thing, but you end up stupidly overpowered by the end of the game anyways so I don't see what the problem would be.

The level design is still really, really good and there are a ton of things about the game I like, but none of them are really popping out during this run. I want to approach situations in more nuanced ways than stabbing everyone, but for some reason the lethal toolset I have at my disposal feels really limited right now, and as a result I kind of just end up fumbling my way through most encounters.

Point is, I don't see the guys being into it if they weren't into D1.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm almost done with my attempt to listen to all Bombcasts in reverse order, but the oldest one I see in Overcast is 2009/01/13. Is that really the first one or do I have to do something else to keep listening?

Started a lethal Corvo run after doing Emily low chaos. After really enjoying my time with Emily (barring one or two missions), I've got to say I'm really not feeling it. Part of it is due to having to once again slowly acquire all of the powers that make the game fun for me in the first place, another is those powers not being as fun as Emily's, and finally I just don't really think combat is all that fun. I can't come up with imaginative lethal solutions to encounters without it all ending in a clumsy four-way brawl between two dudes taking turns slashing at me and another kind of awkwardly shooting at me every now and then. I think my biggest problem, though, is that I'd much rather have a mix of Corvo and Emily's powers. Corvo's blink is better than Far Reach, Domino is one of the coolest powers ever, Possession and Time Bending are cool, Shadow Crawl and Doppelgänger are neat...I just kind of want one character that does all of that instead of having the sets siloed off from one another. Like, yeah, I get that balancing is a thing, but you end up stupidly overpowered by the end of the game anyways so I don't see what the problem would be.

The level design is still really, really good and there are a ton of things about the game I like, but none of them are really popping out during this run. I want to approach situations in more nuanced ways than stabbing everyone, but for some reason the lethal toolset I have at my disposal feels really limited right now, and as a result I kind of just end up fumbling my way through most encounters.

Point is, I don't see the guys being into it if they weren't into D1.

It's not how I'd ever play it myself, but there are some crazy videos of the first game played lethally. You just have to play it like a fucking ninja: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKyT19o-Nl8

I think I'll start playing the game this weekend. Non-lethal/ghost playthrough with Emily, of course.

Hitman Season 1 price mistake ($15 PC/Steam):
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/hitman-full-experience/123742

gogogo

Edit: And the Upgrade Pack for $12.49, if you already have episode 1.

not bad for $15
0SqmcaYl.png

i would have not seen deal thanks

Jintor

yeah aussie internet really puts the kibosh on any internet fame plans unless i move into the NBN bubble

i'm actually amazed most realtors don't seem to have realised that they could slap another couple grand on any houses/apartos inside the bubble, but sydney prices are already fucking insane, so i hope they never figure it out

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We're getting Google Fiber next year but I don't really know what I would gain from it. With my current internet I can do everything I intend on doing with no issue. I guess I could download games in 2 seconds?

But it's still going to be cheaper and 10x faster htan my current ISP
just finished, can confirm it's a good beastcast

Vinny's bits/voices kept to a minimum
but he eats mayo directly from the jar ��

Wacky youtuber Vinny as usual

Fiber is rad. I can download any game in a matter of minutes. My dedicated SSD for games broke so I have to keep juggling games on and off my system drive SSD, but with fiber download speeds it's barely an inconvenience.

Jintor

yeah i lived in a rural-ass village in japan literally about a block from a valley which was rice fields as far as the eye could see and my internet was still at least 20 times faster than here in suburban australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom