• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

I got a good chuckle out of Jeff's proudness at not playing AC Revelations. It's just as good and very similar to Brotherhood. The new modes it introduced that weren't great were also optional.

Lunar FC

I've now learned from last weeks beastcast that a "4X game" is a genre and not some developer.

Edit: Is this Dying Light: The Following the only version of the game I can get on steam?

I used to listen to it. It's weirdly preachy for a comedy show and not in a super constructive way. Like an uncomfortable way. Good guests on that episode, though.

Yeah. Obviously, we all love Dan, but Jared Petty has got to be one of the nicest, most likeable, guys in the industry. If you haven't given his Pockets Full of Soup podcast a chance, it's such a good listen. Such heartfelt stuff. Being a Kinda Funny fan, I listened to the Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty episodes and they both hit hard emotionally (Greg's episode for his cancer experience and Colin's episode for his love and appreciation of his family and the nostalgia built around that). I know a lot of people greatly dislike Colin. I feel his episode was a window into the "real" Colin, rather than his internet persona. Worth a listen.

Something featuring Arthur Gies is preachy? No way!

Wrong podcast? Isn't that Rebel FM? The hosts of Comedy Button are (at least in this episode) Max Scoville (IGN), Brian Altano (IGN), and Scott Bromley (former IGN, now works at LuscasFilm).

Edit- The other hosts are Anthony Gallegos (former IGN) and Ryan Scott

Anjin M

I had fun with the Comedy Button for a while, but Scott Bromley began to wear on me.
I don't listen much any more, but I put on a Comedy Button podcast the day I was fired and ended up laughing the entire way home. When they are on, they can be pretty funny.
I'm going to buy God Eater on steam thanks to Jason.
Not sure how that's the conclusion you came to after watching him play. :)

Xyrmellon

I know he reads this, and I really enjoy all the Giantbomb guys, but Dan just went on Periscope drunk, again. It's really not endearing or funny.

robotrock

Banned
I got a good chuckle out of Jeff's proudness at not playing AC Revelations. It's just as good and very similar to Brotherhood. The new modes it introduced that weren't great were also optional.
It's been a while, but I remember it feeling not as good as Brotherhood. And that tower defense stuff sucked

Maiorum

congrats

probably my personal "most disappointing" game of the year

Yeah. Really a bummer of a game.

It's bad.

It just became something I didn't expect- or particularly like- halfway through. If the second half had been more like the first half, and they'd thrown another half or two in there, I'd probably have more positive feelings about it. Did the guys talk about it in a bombcast earlier in the year?

oti

Banned
Loved Jason's God Eater stream. A game I would never play but watching him play it was cool. Those kind of games generally don't get that exposure on GB (which is totally fine) but still pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom