• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
Already got Guilty Gear!

I recommend it to all.
I bought Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and ReCore on sale

together maybe they can be a fun time

Catalyst gets pretty fun about halfway through. Some really cool bits near the ending too.

Just bought Recore as well, seems alright so far.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
back to back games featuring frustratingly boring and pointless open worlds.

i say play both, but back to back /together is asking for trouble.

I'm gonna play WD2 on PC before either of them either way. Just figured they wouldn't get much lower than 15 bucks anytime soon
Has the new No Man's Sky patch saved it from being the Most Disappointing Game of 2016?

They're not going to put any more time into it so no.

FluxWaveZ

How is that game, really? Austin is not exactly your go-to fighting game guy.

All I honestly know is what I saw from the Quick Look. But how a fighting game actually looks is too important for me to want to bother with one that has the Nitroplus Blasterz "style."

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What's the point of building a home base in NMS?
"Here is this game with 80 quantrillion planets. Always remember to come back to this one to.....pick up your plants?"

patapuf

How is that game, really? Austin is not exactly your go-to fighting game guy.

It looks like a competent anime fighter but no clue if it holds up longterm.

It's more than a pure joke game but if you don't like the angle i'm not sure it's worth it.

it's very hard to not read these in Dishonored's "heart" voice

Alex's voice also fits with the creepydex entries.
Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.

(The above is even creepier when paired with Gengar's Moon entry)
It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans.

Drifloon!
If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound.

Scizzy

What's the point of building a home base in NMS?
"Here is this game with 80 quantrillion planets. Always remember to come back to this one to.....pick up your plants?"

It probably says a lot about the game that the most fun I had was when I just stuck around a few planets and walked for a while. Granted, that says a lot about how rough the space travel was, but I can see how having a base would have enriched those experiences further.

I should get to finishing all 2016 games I care about spoiler-wise so I can maybe listen to all of the GoTY casts immediately for once instead of having to skip half the categories.

oti

Banned
I should get to finishing all 2016 games I care about spoiler-wise so I can maybe listen to all of the GoTY casts immediately for once instead of having to skip half the categories.

What would those be? I'm wondering the same as I too usual skip half the categories come GOTY.

What are the story games of 2016?

jaina

What would those be? I'm wondering the same as I too usual skip half the categories come GOTY.

What are the story games of 2016?
stories/moments they will "spoil":
DOOM
Titanfall 2
The Witness
Uncharted 4
Superhot
Zero Time Dilemma
Dishonored 2 (Jason)
Firewatch
Gears of War 4
Infinite Warfare
Mafia 3
Inside
Dark Souls 3
Virginia?

the ones I'll try to get to in case they accidentally played them:
Oxenfree

Obviously I do not care about spoilers in most of them.

edit: Forgot about the center of the universe in No Man's Sky.

oti

Banned
stories/moments they will "spoil":
DOOM
Titanfall 2
The Witness
Uncharted 4
Superhot
Zero Time Dilemma
Dishonored 2 (Jason)
Firewatch
Gears of War 4
Infinite Warfare
Mafia 3
Inside
Dark Souls 3
Virginia?

the ones I'll try to get to in case they accidentally played them:
Oxenfree

Obviously I do not care about spoilers in most of them.

Thanks for the list. Haven't played a lot of these games bit I don't care. Man, I still don't know the twist in MGS V lol. I really have to watch Metal Gear Scanlon and the LiS playthrough.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Finally playing Hitman all weekend and watching the last few hitman videos, Brad really needs to rely more on his vision and stop throwing shit. the few seconds he takes to line up a throw leads to his downfall way more than anything else he does. using the heatmap vision more would also be beneficial, but it's like someone took the button off his controller and he just doesn't go for it.

I legit forgot that Overwatch had music. I turned it off to listen to scant seconds of Bombcasts between rounds...
It's best soundtrack as a whole, right? Not best song?

The whole group only ever listens to one song, so it's best song by default.

My prediction is that Sogno Di Valore takes it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom