• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know the consensus is that this year's Mirror's Edge wasn't spectacular, but for someone who enjoyed the mechanics of the first game is it worth playing?

So I know the consensus is that this year's Mirror's Edge wasn't spectacular, but for someone who enjoyed the mechanics of the first game is it worth playing?

For 20 bucks on amazon? definitely.

I didn't find the open world particularly interesting, but the "levels" in it I thought were as good as the original.

Jintor

Speaking of which the Giant Bomb tumblr community is super dead. The McElroys are the hot shit now.

the thing is the mcelroys got that adventure zone which means they got 3 great characters + griffin's cavalcade of npcs for artists to latch onto, which creates its own critical mass

Strax

You got me. Perfect examples. And hey, if he hurled personal jabs at other individual human beings on Twitter, then that makes it fine if he did it to that Marc dude.

Nickleback sucks is a statement on the quality of the band. "I hate his personality" is a lot more personal and specific. I'm not sure if I'm talking to a robot.

Why the fuck are you including things like DOTA? There's a difference between a person and a product.

Edit: You know what, you're right. He also only said "he's terrible" not that he hated him. It's totally different. You win. I'm leaving this conversation so everyone can talk about Sonic shuffle or whatever.

Do you know what marc maron does? His personality is part of his work. I'm sure Dan knows that seeing that he does the same thing and people call him terrible all the time.

100% this.

If people wanna call Dan a dickhead for saying someone sucks I totally get it but my point is Dan does this all the time, and Jeff too, on so many kinds of GB content that throwing a fit about this makes no sense to me. One of the most beloved bits from Demo Derby is Jeff making fun of a LucasArts (I think) employee based on his looks, for like 3-4 mins.

Tubobutts

the thing is the mcelroys got that adventure zone which means they got 3 great characters + griffin's cavalcade of npcs for artists to latch onto, which creates its own critical mass
If only GiantBomb.Com had a series where they played some sort of Tabletop role playing game with memorable characters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, after playing the tutorial of hitman and going back to the unfinished where they played the tutorial.

They made it seem waaaaaaay harder than it actually is haha.

jaina

Also sorta unrelated, but if I have the pro version the pro patch would automatically apply right?

yes, you'll get the PS4P rendering.
the software is the same (and patches take up space on regular PS4).
but if there are multiple modes you might want to check the settings for your preferred one.

What software is Jeff using here? When browsing through the various retro console libraries.
Retroarch. Not sure which GUI but looks pretty default.
setting it up can take a few more minutes than other emu.

robotrock

Banned
Watching the Gears 4 GBE Playdate and the commentary from Vinny and Alex is great. Kinda surprised at how much they're struggling on Normal tho. Wasn't too hard on Hardcore. Wish they completed the rest of the game on stream. Wanna see their reactions to the rest of it.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that stream. Would love to see them play more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Neo Geo Pocket game Jeff played was a real asshole simulator

All that little Bee guy wanted to do was build his blocks, look at the pretty girl and sleep. and your goal is to ruin his day and pick on him. He already had a damn cold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Neo Geo Pocket was so cool. I played so much Sonic Pocket Adventure and the SNK card game

tumblr_melk8kv3eO1ripm1lo1_500.jpg

repeater

That No Man's Sky update looks pretty hefty. This changes EVERYTHING for GB's GOTY deliberations.

Not really. But I now kinda look forward to pick up this game for cheap in about a year's time and maybe having a more interesting experience than early adopters.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Thank god I can always rely on GB to cover video pinball, the most exciting video game genre to watch other people play.

Peru

Thank god I can always rely on GB to cover video pinball, the most exciting video game genre to watch other people play.

You're joking, but I dig that content. I'm probably not going to buy it myself, but I like looking at pinball machines and hearing about the details and history from someone who cares.

Catvoca

Banned
I finished the Titanfall 2 campaign and immediately started it again on a higher difficulty. It really is as good as Jeff was making it out to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I spent a long time today watching videos and reading articles about Valve and their current competitive game.s

It is insane how much money they make doing so little. Like it's crazy that Valve is this revered company when they leave games like TF2 to stagnate with no developer interaction and not even a clue of WHO is heading up TF2 development. They make tons of money off it still but have no desire to mandate it becuase it's not 'the fun new thing' based on their workplace mentality. Their updates consist of shit the communtiy made, not thing they put out. Which they've coasted on for years. CS:Go is handled by another developer entirely. I haven't looked too into DOTA 2 but it seems to be all Icefrog on the balancing end with the communtiy heading up a lot of the cosmetics. Again.

Meanwhile other developers get called lazy because they reused assets one time in a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom