• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

I don't know your PayPal yet but I'll send like a hundo or 2 if you say this about brad
RemorsefulFlamboyantGordonsetter.gif

It... was a joke :(

Ah. Speaking of state (as an adjective) I remember playing Scattergories with my family and state was the category. Thinking I was being smart, I started listing states (state of mind, state of clarity, etc.). No one let me earn a single point, saying that was not the proper usage of the category. I'm still angry about that, as it was within the rules (it did not specify that there could only be one interpretation of the category). No matter how much I plead my case, no one would hear it.

Anjin M

If anyone wants to post a top ten before I tabulate the results, post now or forever hold your peace.

Done now. Results below.

Salarians

If anyone wants to post a top ten before I tabulate the results, post now or forever hold your peace.
based on what I've played, right now, it'd be

Overwatch
Uncharted 4
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
The Witness
The Witcher 3
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Hitman
Abzu
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Pokemon Sun

but this list could be very different in another few weeks

I was gonna rank the gb staff but then I thought that was kinda dumb
1. Jeff
1. Vinny
1. Brad
1. Drew
1. Alex
1. Jason
7. Dan

In no particular order:

Picross 3D Round 2
Furi
Pokemon Sun
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Bravely Second
Titanfall 2
Dark Souls 3
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
Dragon Quest Builders
Pinout

all the other games are bad or I forgot they exist

Anjin M

The (as of this posting) GB GAF Top Ten Eleven for 2016 is:

Code:
 1. Doom			12 votes
 2. Dark Souls III		10 votes
 3. Hitman			 9 votes
 3. The Witness			 9 votes
 5. Overwatch			 8 votes
 6. Pokemon Sun			 7 votes
 7. Titanfall 2			 6 votes
 7. Uncharted 4			 6 votes
 9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided	 5 votes
 9. Firewatch			 5 votes
 9. Stardew Valley		 5 votes

Pokemon Moon only got one vote. No Man's Sky got two. What the hell is wrong with Pokemon Moon?

kiguel182

Quick and dirty:

- Hitman
- Firewatch
-Overwatch
-Doom
- the witness
- stardew valley
- Pokemon Sun
- clash Royale

I think this sums up my year. Inside and Oxenfree might make the list soon.

The (as of this posting) GB GAF Top Ten Eleven for 2016 is:

Code:
 1. Doom			11 votes
 2. Dark Souls III		10 votes
 3. Hitman			 8 votes
 3. The Witness			 8 votes
 5. Overwatch			 7 votes
 6. Pokemon Sun			 6 votes
 6. Titanfall 2			 6 votes
 6. Uncharted 4			 6 votes
 9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided	 5 votes
10. Firewatch			 4 votes
10. Stardew Valley		 4 votes

Pokemon Moon only got one vote. No Man's Sky got two. What the hell is wrong with Pokemon Moon?

Moon is for people with real jobs. Bastards.

derFeef

I only played old games this year. Well that's not true - I played some games from this year but have not finished a single one other than Quantum Break.

I am bad with finishing games. I need good a story to pull me through - only good gameplay does not do it for me anymore :(

1. Overwatch
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3. Uncharted 4
4. Dark Souls III
5. Titanfall 2
6. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (That SP is proper good guys)
7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered
8. DOOM
9. Gears of War 4
10. Firewatch

I'm waiting for Dishonored 2 to leave Early Access on PC before I buy it, but that will probably be a top 3 game when it actually works.

The Last Guardian will probably crack the top 10 too.

A good year, but not outstanding.

hamchan

DOOM
Hitman
Titanfall 2
Dark Souls 3
Forza Horizon 3
Deux Ex Mankind Divided
Fire Emblem Fates
Overwatch
Uncharted 4
Dragon Quest Builders

This year had been pretty damn good.

oti

Banned
I only played old games this year. Well that's not true - I played some games from this year but have not finished a single one other than Quantum Break.

I am bad with finishing games. I need good a story to pull me through - only good gameplay does not do it for me anymore :(

How did you manage to finish Quantum Break then. 🤔

derFeef

I am sorry to say this and I am kinda sad about it, but I really do not like the Waypoint podcast at all. Love Patrick and Austin, but they are kinda different there. Like trying to be high-level journalism about games, which can be good, but there is something off about it. Plus for the other participants all games seem amazing and awesome.

How did you manage to finish Quantum Break then. ��

Remedy charm. Plus the story per se is great, one of the best time travel stories out there.

Jintor

The "What I Actually Played This Year that Released in 2016" list:

1. Hitman
2. Persona 5
3. Pokemon Moon
4. Va11-HallA
5. Civ VI
6. Hyper Light Drifter
7. Ultimate Chicken Horse
8. XCOM 2
9. Dark Souls 3
10. Overwatch
11. Stardew Valley
?. Fire Emblem Fates
?. Zero Time Dilemma

Huh i actually played a fair amount of games released in 2016 in 2016. I guess it was that first half of a year where my full time job had shorter hours and was literally 5 minutes from my doorstep that did that.

kiguel182

I kinda regret not buying Moon since I mostly play Pokemon at night so I don't even see sunny Alola.

Edit: games I played this year not included on my list: SFV, Battlefield 1, Hyper Light Drifter.

Might as well include one of those. I'll redo the list anyway once I finish Inside and Oxenfree.

Jintor

WE STILL HAVEN'T HAD A VA11-HALLA QL

hell i don't think i even heard austin talk about that game and it's right up his fucking alley. Cyberpunk bartending where you get sex robots drunk so you can philosophise with them about the morality of their profession. it's good shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom