• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
WE STILL HAVEN'T HAD A VA11-HALLA QL

hell i don't think i even heard austin talk about that game and it's right up his fucking alley. Cyberpunk bartending where you get sex robots drunk so you can philosophise with them about the morality of their profession. it's good shit

Hey man, don't judge sexbots.

Jintor

hey i'm not judging. the sexbot in vallhalla is apparently one of the best sexbots ever written.

i stopped playing only because persona 5 came out. i'll go back to it eventually.

Meneses

My top would probably be:

1 - Hitman
2 - Dark Souls III
3 - Uncharted 4
4 - Stardew Valley
5 - Furi
6 - The Witness
7 - XCom 2
8 - PES 2017

The order isn't really definitive. I'm saving 2 spots for maybe FFXV and The Last Guardian because from what i've seen I suspect i'll like them more than the rest of the things i've played this year.

Strax

My top would probably be:

1 - Hitman
2 - Dark Souls III
3 - Uncharted 4
4 - Stardew Valley
5 - Furi
6 - The Witness
7 - XCom 2
8 - PES 2017

The order isn't really definitive. I'm saving 2 spots for maybe FFXV and The Last Guardian because from what i've seen I suspect i'll like them more than the rest of the things i've played this year.

PES over FIFA. Tell me more.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Only if Rorie locks them all in the podcast room and does GOTY by himself. And maybe not even then.

He would just start talking about something else and after three hours of rambling he would have forgotten where he is and what he was doing and would go home to look at pictures of puppies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
1. DOOM
2. Overwatch
3. Dishonored 2
4. Hitman
5. CIV VI
6. The Witness
7. Dark Souls III
8. Inside
9. XCOM 2
10. Rise of the Tomb Raider PC

My list is ready.

Antiwhippy

I wish someone can create a filter for bombcast casts because I would filter the roriecasts as the only podcast I listen to.

Meguro

Banned
I think that, just like Jintor, my list would be games I actually played in 2016.
I don't really play a lot of things I dislike.

sprinkles

WE STILL HAVEN'T HAD A VA11-HALLA QL

hell i don't think i even heard austin talk about that game and it's right up his fucking alley. Cyberpunk bartending where you get sex robots drunk so you can philosophise with them about the morality of their profession. it's good shit
VA11-HALLA is my favourite VN of all time and probably my GOTY as well. Such great characters and dialogues.

jambo

I've played fuck all games this year

01. DOOM
02. Inside
03. The Witness
04. Forza Horizon 3
05. House of the Dying Sun
06. Firewatch
07. Hitman
08. TrackMania Turbo
09. Thumper
10. Devil Daggers

Antiwhippy

I don't even know why I bought a physical release of FFXV when I can't even play it on the same day because I had to fucking download a patch.

FStop7

Banned
They need to get back to whatever state they were in before Austin left. You could count on GB East putting out video content every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Plus lots of quick looks, the podcast, and guest columns. That said, it's understandable. You can see that Austin was a driving force and now they're short handed.

Whatever's been going on in the west is pretty inexcusable but it seems to be the norm. Two producers, a dedicated studio, three editors, and the consistency of their output has sucked, to be honest.

hamchan

I've spent 3 and a half hours today playing the start of FFXV and most of it was actually playing a proper game, instead of a long ass tutorial like in FFXIII. So that's pretty good.

RaginRoss

Right now i'd say my top 10 for 2016 releases:

1 Overwatch
2 Doom
3 Titanfall 2
4 Axiom Verge
5 Hyper Light Drifter
6 Dark Souls III
7 Rebel Galaxy (Most Underrated GOTY)
8 Forza Horizon 3
9 INSIDE
10 PES 2017

Just about to start Dishonored II so that might get on there.

(All Xbox One versions - I know some of those were 2015 on other platforms)

Honorable Mentions:

Quantum Break
Star Fox Zero
Trackmania Turbo
SUPERHOT

While i'm at it, here's my 2016 2015 GOTY list in no particular order:

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
The Fall
Transformers Devastation

oti

Banned
They need to get back to whatever state they were in before Austin left. You could count on GB East putting out video content every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Plus lots of quick looks, the podcast, and guest columns. That said, it's understandable. You can see that Austin was a driving force and now they're short handed.

Whatever's been going on in the west is pretty inexcusable but it seems to be the norm. Two producers, a dedicated studio, three editors, and the consistency of their output has sucked, to be honest.

Understatement of the Year.

I don't know why that is, but I have a feeling it's got something to do with being a part of CBSi and having to be in a lot of meetings or something. It just makes no sense otherwise why they can't get something resembling a content schedule together for anything that isn't podcast/UPF. But also Jeff hates schedules but if that's the thing he needs to get over himself because people pay money for content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom