• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

I see it's time for our semimontly content output disscussion.

I would assemble a top 10 list, but I don't actually play games. :(

The definitive list

Overwatch
Uncharted 4
Doom
Inside
Titanfall 2
XCOM 2
Pokemon Sun
The Division
Oxenfree
Ratchet and Clank or The Last Guardian maybe?????

games I wish I liked more: Hitman, The Witness, Firewatch, Superhot, Devil Daggers, Enter the Gungeon,

games I wish I had time to play more of: Mafia 3, Watch Dogs 2, Battlefield 1, that last Kentucky Route Zero episode, Hackmud, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Pony Island

great year for games, dumpster fire for everything else

WE STILL HAVEN'T HAD A VA11-HALLA QL

hell i don't think i even heard austin talk about that game and it's right up his fucking alley. Cyberpunk bartending where you get sex robots drunk so you can philosophise with them about the morality of their profession. it's good shit
I know! 2016 confirmed to be worst timeline.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really like Watch Dogs 2 so far but man it does that thing open world games do sometimes htat I hate.

The first mission essentially has you start inSausalito outside of San Francisco and then says 'ok go to San Francisco' like you got this little area, make some use of it first. That was part of the awesomeness of San Andreas was you slowly but surely made your way through the game's world appreciating every little detail because the storyline made use of each little area and got you familiar with it. You didn't start on Grove Street and have the game say 'ok go to San Fierro' instantly. Ubisoft your worlds don't suck anymore. Appreciate them a little more. Make more use of them before you rush me through a massive chunk of it on the way to a mission. It's why one of my favorite gaming memories is driving into sAn Fierro for the first time coming out of the countryside. A whole new city for you to explore after you just got familir with Los Santos.

So they are recording all the GOTY stuff this week?

Doing it before FFXV and TLG seems a bit much.

Like shit... we all know Doom is winning this thing but lets at least pretend other games have a shot

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hour 2: I have yet to encounter human feces in Watch Dogs 2. From the word of experts, this seems like a poor simulation.

neshcom

Banned
I wish The Witness got a little more mainstream love. Seeing it just under the indie game category on those game awards thing is a huge bummer and a real disservice to how well made and executed it is. The things that made me feel from a purely mechanical standpoint easily make it my GOTY. The satisfaction of discovering rules, finding their subtleties, tackling the challenge mode with no time left, the moment you discover the natural puzzles; just on gameplay satisfaction alone it's a huge triumph.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. "Indie" as a genre has always been stupid, but titles like The Witness really make a mockery of it all.

I loved The Witness but the puzzles in the mountain can go fuck themselves. Making stuff hard to see and actually uncomfortable to look at was a really poor decision imo. I started looking up solutions there because I don't think I was going to get through it otherwise.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funny to say you think the Witness could use some mainstream love because I spent a lot of my time thinking 'I wish Obduction got all the mainstream love that The Witness got'

Catvoca

Banned
I loved The Witness but the puzzles in the mountain can go fuck themselves. Making stuff hard to see and actually uncomfortable to look at was a really poor decision imo. I started looking up solutions there because I don't think I was going to get through it otherwise.

Same, I hated the last area, and also started to look up solutions for the first time since I was having zero fun trying to figure things out.

neshcom

Banned
Funny to say you think the Witness could use some mainstream love because I spent a lot of my time thinking 'I wish Obduction got all the mainstream love that The Witness got'
I just finished Obduction and the last two puzzles (the maze and pod puzzles) totally ruined that experience for me. All of the exploration elements were thrown away in favor of tedious back-tracking and that incomprehensible numbering system.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's so much memeing in Watch Dogs 2. Like it's not even subtle about it. Within minutes, you see 'why you do this' guy and 'lulz' and advice dog

daveo42

Banned
Any guesses on whether they got The Last Guardian in time to review prior to GotY? My money is on a hard "no" and will instead get coverage early in 2017 instead.

Going back to finish The Witness is going to be tough. I at least want to finish DOOM, Inside, and The Witness before GOTY podcasts.

Inside is on my (not so) short list of games to wrap up. At least that and Virginia could both be finished in an evening. I still need to wrap up Titanfall 2 as well. It's been far too long on The Witness for me to go back and try to finish at this point. I think I'll leave it unbeaten at this point.

watch dogs 2 has selfies
final fantasy xv has selfies
dead rising 4 has selfies

year of the selfie

tumblr_nj1zqbihp81swk5jvo1_r3_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom