• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hit every key on my keyboard and I can't figure out how to skip the cutscenes. At least the Diablo 2 reference is neat.

I think the autistic guy is the only character I kind of like so far. But it's not like 'ugh get them off my screen' when they talk it's more just like 'yep these are these kinds of people.'

Hindl

Disagree with Paul and Dan. I actually had real Nashville Hot Chicken for the first time in Nashville, and I'm not a huge pickle guy. But pickles on that really made the whole thing amazing

Catvoca

Banned
Any guesses on whether they got The Last Guardian in time to review prior to GotY? My money is on a hard "no" and will instead get coverage early in 2017 instead.
I'd imagine they got that press kit that other outlets were showing off, no? Doesn't matter anyway since I don't think the crew would care about it too much
since it's going to be bad 😉

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope the game is not a disappointment, but I'm not sure after all the footage I've seen..

daveo42

Banned
No one there is gonna like the game anyways.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't cover it. It makes news being either good or bad just because it's one of two games to come out within a month that were announced for release on previous gen systems in the previous decade.

I'd imagine they got that press kit that other outlets were showing off, no? Doesn't matter anyway since I don't think the crew would care about it too much
since it's going to be bad 😉

I guess I missed news of press kits since it kind of feels like no one is talking about the game at all.
I'm kind of feeling it'll be bad too, but I hold out hope it won't

Hindl

Doesn't mean they shouldn't cover it. It makes news being either good or bad just because it's one of two games to come out within a month that were announced for release on previous gen systems in the previous decade.

I guess I missed news of press kits since it kind of feels like no one is talking about the game at all.
I'm kind of feeling it'll be bad too, but I hold out hope it won't

Embargo isn't up till next week so that's probably the reason no one is talking

TraBuch

Banned
I don't think it'll be bad. I think those hardcore Ico and SOTC fans will love it since it looks like another one of those games and that's who the game is directed at.

I don't think it'll be bad. I think those hardcore Ico and SOTC fans will love it since it looks like another one of those games and that's who the game is directed at.

Yeah, but I still expect an explosion after a bunch of "I am a normal human being and this isn't that great" reviews hit.

So will every microphone port be used today for the first time? I think there are 7 total (8, if you count Drew/Jason at the helm). I don't think there's literally any room for Rorie (if Drew or Jason is at the table).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's been so long, most of those are probably dead anyways

I was updating my Top 10 list on the GB site and came across my 2009 list and... jesus christ

1. Assassin's Creed 2
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
3. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
4. Batman Arkham Asylum
5. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Borderlands
8. Dragon Age: Origins
9. Rachet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
10. League of Legends

Almost all of those games are either seminal or the best in their series or both. Jeff was right. The old games are the best games. :(

Yeah Team Ico fans will like it (like me) while 99% of the world will go "eh".

I'm more interested in how it compares to those 2 games

derFeef

I only made a list once on GB, it was 2010.

1. Alan Wake
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
4. Halo: Reach
5. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
6. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
7. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
8. NBA Jam
9. Darksiders
10. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

1. Alan Wake
2. Mass Effect 2
8. NBA Jam
9. Darksiders

No Super Mario Galaxy 2 :(

OMG Paul
chasing Katie away from the bathtub mid piss
may be the first time I nearly doubled over laughing in my kitchen prepping food.

oti

Banned

1. Alan Wake
2. Mass Effect 2
8. NBA Jam
9. Darksiders

Alan Wake above Mass Effect 2?

Nah.

Nah.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Alan Wake has like two gameplay mechanics that you experience withing the first 45 minutes or so.

tomhan

Have they said anything about when a FFXV quicklook will go up? Trying to decide between playing Witcher 3 and FFXV next and I want to watch the FFXV quicklook first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom