• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I'm most excited for in the GOTY podcasts is 100% Jeff's annual Most Disappointing rant.

SFV's going to get both barrels, and it's going to be fire.

pizzacat

Banned
the first conversation of ffxv seems like old ff talking to new modern ff and its scoffing at the fact that old man ff is talking to it :(

Ashby

the first conversation of ffxv seems like old ff talking to new modern ff and its scoffing at the fact that old man ff is talking to it :(

image.php

hamchan

There needs to be more road trip jrpgs.

Totally. I'm actually really liking FFXV. The game with the road trip vibe is just such a unique, weird thing, with the game being a little bit janky yet still seeming hella expensive to make, and also fun to play.

It also respects the players time by dropping you into the world from the start, instead of having a 20 hour linear tutorial like FFXIII.

I typically never watch the Bombcast vid, but I want to check it out this time since it was the whole crew. Is it usually up later than the audio version?

Johndoey

Banned
Half the mainline Final Fantasy games are garbage.

Ashe is the best Final Fantasy protagonist.

The only good thing to come from 13 is the creepy Hope/Lightning fanfics.

FF 15 seems okay so far. Writing is predictably weak so far.

The thing I'm most excited for in the GOTY podcasts is 100% Jeff's annual Most Disappointing rant.

Every time I hear street fighter talk on the podcast my brain just shuts off. Love to listen to Jeff rant, but there was just something so special about Destiny's disappointment that will never be topped.

I hope he rails on No Man's Sky. Maaaaan. But that would just be piling on at this point.

Salarians

hmm... open world that's big but not too big, seeing a huge flying monster overhead and fighting it later, nighttime being very dangerous so you rest and set out at dawn, three chatty companions that just don't shut up...

FFXV is basically Dragon's Dogma

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
hmm... open world that's big but not too big, seeing a huge flying monster overhead and fighting it later, nighttime being very dangerous so you rest and set out at dawn, three chatty companions that just don't shut up...

FFXV is basically Dragon's Dogma

None of the party members in FF15 are a beardy dwarven Dave Lang like my primary pawn in Dragon's Dogma, so Final Fantasy continues its decade long tradition of losing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That weasel ox thing secretly has a great physics defying ejector seat too. It's so much better than some product placement sports car or camper.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As weird as it seems the product placement actually makes things waaaaay better FFXV for me?

Something about these real world things mixed in with Final Fantasy strikes me as super funny.

FStop7

Banned
But the shooting was so good, and Brad was going to leave Giant Bomb if it didn't get into the top ten.

The irony being that the shooting WAS so good. And the Vault of Glass was awesome. But the rest of the game was such shit!

Wait, they're recording the GOTY podcasts already?

Jesus, it's not even December yet guys.

They have to do all of the GotY videos, too. Write and record and edit and all of that production work. And some of that hinges on the the stuff decided during the podcasts. They'll burn through the next 2 or 3 weeks like it's nothing.

Tangentally Giant Bomb related: I tried Rumchata tonight because of Dan and Jason talking about it. It's pretty damn good.

Man, Final Fantasy XV seems like a way more souped up version of a kingdom hearts game.

I might be into that? I'm not much of a JRPG guy but it seems like it might scratch the right itches.

robotrock

Banned
Man, Final Fantasy XV seems like a way more souped up version of a kingdom hearts game.

I might be into that? I'm not much of a JRPG guy but it seems like it might scratch the right itches.

Battle system looks way different than Kingdom Hearts than what I initially expected.

Other than that though I don't really see what else makes this game more Kingdom Hearts-like than the other Final Fantasies.

Hindl

Might need to try FFXV with all these impressions.

Also just played through Abzu. That's going on the list for me. Great game

Giant Bomb |OT 26|: It's Always Better With Computer Monkeys

SFV is going to get that instead of Hottest Mess and NMS will get Hottest Mess instead of Most Disappointing and it will be backwards.

Megasoum

Banned
So... Why is Danny getting free games from publishers?

Isn't his whole thing about being independant and choosing documentarie's subject by how interesting the story would be?

I dunno... It feels weird.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So what'd Dan say to Maron? I went and looked back at their Twitter feeds and I guess Dan deleted whatever it was?

Something alcohol fueled. He seemed to apologize profusely and Marc graciously wished him luck on his book and ended it there.

robotrock

Banned
Danny O'Dwyer should hire Geoff Keighly and make noclip the place for some seriously deep development coverage.

Keighley's Final Hours + Danny's doc style would be a dream

Makeda

A multi-target open world Hitman tied to a real world clock schedule ala Animal Crossing absolutely NEEDS to get made.. Square pls :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom